The Muppets

About two or three weeks ago Disney was filming something to do with the Muppets on Disney Cruise Line.

I don't know if it was for a commercial, part of the 50th, or what but Kermit and Miss Piggy were both there.

pppapazo

ThreeCircles said:
About two or three weeks ago Disney was filming something to do with the Muppets on Disney Cruise Line.

I don't know if it was for a commercial, part of the 50th, or what but Kermit and Miss Piggy were both there.

Do you know if it was the puppets or the walk-around costumed characters?

pppapazo said:
Do you know if it was the puppets or the walk-around costumed characters?

The filming was taking place on one of the open decks of the ship. The picture that was snapped (by a Guest onboard) showed a couple of camera people, a sound person, and Kermit and Piggy with their "handlers." So, they were the real puppet muppets!

I've tried to find the damn picture but haven't been able to yet. If I do, I'll post a link to it.

OK, found one.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/326021568/326034517FpFnOZ

This is from the April 9th sailing of the Disney Magic. The individual who took this picture said that once filming was done the Muppets were not seen for the rest of the cruise.

From the looks of the hat worn by the individual doing the filming, I'm thinking it must have been something to do with the 50th. Perhaps just some footage that will/was used in the happenings taking place at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World this week.

tazhughes

That picture is awesome. i would love to see them filming more muppets stuff around Disney.

And what do you mean puppet masters, you mean Kermit and Miss Piggy aren't real? :lookaroun

tazhughes said:
And what do you mean puppet masters, you mean Kermit and Miss Piggy aren't real? :lookaroun

Of course they're real! I think I just used the wrong teminology when I phrased my sentence! :hammer:

What I meant to say was that Kermit and Miss Piggy were accompanied by their body guards!

AEfx

ThreeCircles said:
This is from the April 9th sailing of the Disney Magic. The individual who took this picture said that once filming was done the Muppets were not seen for the rest of the cruise.

You're telling me that Miss Piggy never came out of her cabin again - even for the buffet?

VERY curious.

AEfx

Woody13

The problem is the voices. Steve Whitmire sounds nothing like Kermit the Frog and Frank Oz (Miss Piggy) got fed up with the Henson kids. Disney needs to get rid of Whitmire and find the right voice for Kermit. They also would benefit if they could get Frank Oz to return. Otherwise, the Muppets are history.

Whitmire needs to go!

Tom

Beta Return
Woody13 said:
The problem is the voices. Steve Whitmire sounds nothing like Kermit the Frog and Frank Oz (Miss Piggy) got fed up with the Henson kids. Disney needs to get rid of Whitmire and find the right voice for Kermit. They also would benefit if they could get Frank Oz to return. Otherwise, the Muppets are history.

Whitmire needs to go!

I agree - Jim and Frank were an unbeatable team - they did everything together! Brian Henson did Kermit for a while, and sounded a lot like his dad, but now the new "kermit" is nothing like the original. I, myself, am proud of my Kermit impersonation, and actually sound more like the real Kermit than Kermit does now :lol:

If they could get Frank back and a better Kermit, they would have it made. Frank provided voices for several of the Muppets (Piggy, Fozzie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Sam the Eagle, Animal.....) as well as that little side gig as Yoda in all of the movies! He's a great asset, but at 61, I don't know if he'd get back into the Muppets full force at this point....who knows.

Woody13

edwardtc said:
I agree - Jim and Frank were an unbeatable team - they did everything together! Brian Henson did Kermit for a while, and sounded a lot like his dad, but now the new "kermit" is nothing like the original. I, myself, am proud of my Kermit impersonation, and actually sound more like the real Kermit than Kermit does now :lol:
Yes, you are right. The Kermit voice is not very difficult to impersonate, yet Whitmire continues to do injustice to this character. Let Whitmire do Rizzo, he's good at that one.
edwardtc said:
If they could get Frank back and a better Kermit, they would have it made. Frank provided voices for several of the Muppets (Piggy, Fozzie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Sam the Eagle, Animal.....) as well as that little side gig as Yoda in all of the movies! He's a great asset, but at 61, I don't know if he'd get back into the Muppets full force at this point....who knows.
Frank doesn't need to come back to do voices anymore. Disney can find talent to do all the voices they require. However, Frank needs to come back to give the Muppets a direction once again. Of course, after the Henson kids totally messed up the franchise, I'm rather sure that Frank will steer clear of the disaster now known as the Muppets.

GymLeaderPhil

ThreeCircles said:
OK, found one.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/326021568/326034517FpFnOZ

From the looks of the hat worn by the individual doing the filming, I'm thinking it must have been something to do with the 50th. Perhaps just some footage that will/was used in the happenings taking place at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World this week.

This was aired today at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Kermit and Miss Piggy introduced the Disney Cruise Line, while Wayne Brady showcased WDW live via simulcast, and the top brass were all at Disneyland (Iger, Eisner, Linkletter, Andrews). The other parks were prerecorded, as well as the cruise line portion.

Tom

Beta Return
pppapazo said:
Brian Henson never performed Kermit.

I correct myself. There was some show, and I can't remember if it was just a documentary or what, but I'm 100% positive that it was Brian Henson, and he was performing Kermit. You could see both of them at the same time - and he sounded just like his dad, which is why I remember it. Whitmire did indeed "officially" take over Kermit after Henson's death. My apologies for the error.

mkepcotmgmak

is there anything we can do, like write in after the show airs, to say how much we loved it? the more fan mail the better??? anyone have an address?

mkepcotmgmak

kermit and piggy are on hollywood squares right now, and the crowd goes CRAZY everytime they get picked... piggy should be a standup comedian. lol. is frank oz still in control of piggy?

leebier

I was a bit young when this happened, so my memory is a tab fuzzy, but here's what I recall...

Shortly after Jim's death, they did a TV special to honor him. For the special, Brian did the voice of Kermit.

I have no idea what the name of it was or on what network it aired at the time or anything else, but I imagine the information is on IMDB somewhere. I'll try to poke around over the next day or so.

Lee

Lauriebar

Okay...so, did anyone else watch America's Funniest Home Videos tonight?

The Muppets were on promoting the new Wizard of Oz movie and a clip was shown. Am I just a complete prude or is the fact that Gonzo's nipples were discussed a little over the line for a movie gear towards kids and families? I am wondering how much more of this kind of humor is in the film. If I am just being overly sensitive let me know but, gee this really caught me off guard?

disneywy

I have not watched AFV yet since I am on the West Coast, but you have to remember that the Muppets were originally not intended for only kids, but to appeal to all ages. In fact one of the first TV specials they had was titled "The Muppet Show: S*x and Violence." In recent years the Muppets had lost a little bit of their edge and think it is good that they try and broaden their appeal again. I will have to watch tonight though and see what it says exactly on AFV.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom