The Mickey Mouse Revue (revival)

TheMrRamonlle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
There has been one classic attraction that left Florida for Tokyo, and it's...

The Mickey Mouse Revue

tdl9B.jpg

Check the video here showing when it was at Walt Disney World:

And though I did enjoy its successor, Mickey's PhilharMagic, I still prefer the animatronic character atrraction, even though I've never seen it. Besides, park goers couldn't rely on park films and enjoy the animatronics more believing that the characters were lifelike.

But if this classic attraction were to be rebooted for WDW's Fantasyland, it could have more recent characters, including Pixar and The Disney Afternoon, and the animatronic figures could have reprogrammed technology like the Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast ride at Tokyo Disneyland but also appear accurate to their animated versions, otherwise some such as Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Scrooge being based upon their Kingdom Hearts models. This attraction could replace BOTH Mickey's PhilharMagic and Peter Pan's Flight for Neverland to appear in the west of Adventureland. Notice that I took out the Br'er Trio and their song "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" since Splash Mountain will be rethemed to The Princess and the Frog due to racism issues.

But for those who are still into Mickey's PhilharMagic, I suppose if we combine elements from both attractions, this will take inspiration from Muppet*Vision 3-D.

Without further ado, here's the concept:

Facade and Queue

The facade is similar to the Tokyo version but with the title in Mickey Mouse Works-styled font and the face of Mickey Mouse (in his 2013 TV series incarnation)

Once we enter the lobby (queue), we can see that it is different from the original being drastically modernized with statues of Mickey Mouse (in his 2013 TV series incarnation) in his outfits throughout his career (such as Steamboat Willie, the Band Concert, Fantasia, The Prince and the Pauper, Runaway Brain), as well as new posters based on Disney films and TV shows (including those from Mickey's PhilharMagic). Guests will also notice a bin of opera glasses and get them to prepare for the main show.

Pre-show

While most of the script for the pre-show stays the same as the original, the film is remade with a new soundtrack voiceover, Bret Iwan voicing Mickey over Jimmy McDonald's lines and Tony Anselmo dubbing over Clarence Nash's "Mary Had a Little Lamb" line for Donald.
Also, after The Sorcerer's Apprentice scene, clips of the Mickey Mouse Club theme song and those from "The Disney Afternoon Theme", House of Mouse, 2013 Mickey Mouse and The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse episodes appear while the "Mickey Mouse Club March" theme plays out.

At then end, a new live-action footage shows Mickey leading his Disney pals dancing out of the Cinderella Castle at the end (These include MINNIE MOUSE, STITCH, PLUTO, DONALD DUCK, DAISY DUCK, GOOFY, BALOO (in his TaleSpin outfit), CHIP and DALE (in the Rescue Rangers outfits), SCROOGE MCDUCK, LAUNCHPAD MCQUACK, CLARABELLE COW, HORACE HORSECOLLAR, DON KARNAGE, DARKWING DUCK, WINNIE THE POOH, TIGGER, EEYORE, ANNA, ELSA, CINDERELLA, SNOW WHITE, AURORA, PINOCCHIO, ALICE, THE MAD HATTER, THE WHITE RABBIT, PETER PAN, ARIEL, BELLE, BEAST, ALADDIN, JASMINE, GENIE, TIMON, RAFIKI, WOODY, BUZZ, BO PEEP, JESSIE, TIANA, RAPUNZEL, MERIDA, JUDY HOPPS, NICK WILDE, MOANA, and RAYA). Once the characters head down to the hub, they greet the kids, and soon after, Mickey urges the guests to follow him to the main theater saying:

MICKEY: Come on, everybody! Let's get our show started. Haha!

Main show

The main theater, like the lobby, is modernized with a curtain depicting new Mickey masks. Once the guests are seated, a cast member reminds them to refrain from eating, drinking, smoking, or using flash photography during the performance. When the show is about to start, s/he tells everyone to put on their opera glasses and announces Mickey to the stage. Mickey, as the conductor, rises up followed by an orchestra featuring the following characters and their respective instruments (the orchestra is more or less the same as the original):
  • Minnie Mouse - violin
  • Daisy Duck - cello
  • Goofy - upright bass
  • Pluto - high hat cymbal
  • Chip (in his Rescue Rangers outfit) - trombone
  • Dale (in his Rescue Rangers outfit) - helps with trombone
  • Huey, Dewey, and Louie - trumpets
  • Clarabelle Cow - clarinet
  • Horace Horsecollar - saxophone
  • Pete - bass drum
  • Scrooge McDuck - bagpipes
  • Launchpad McQuack - bass clarinet
  • Webby Vanderquack - trumpet
  • Max Goof - upright bass
  • Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - banjo
  • Ortensia - mandolin
  • Gadget Hackwrench - cornjug
  • Monterey Jack - washboard
  • Zipper - holds and helps with washboard
  • Pinocchio - triangle
  • Jiminy Cricket (extra!)
  • Dumbo - tuba
  • Timothy Q. Mouse - helps with tuba
  • Cinderella - double bass
  • Aurora - bass viola
  • White Rabbit - fanfare horn
  • Mad Hatter - bass clarinet
  • March Hare - helps with bass clarinet
  • Dormouse (extra!)
  • Peter Pan - his pan flute
  • Wendy Darling - violin
  • Winnie the Pooh - kazoo
  • Piglet - slide whistle
  • Eeyore - harmonica
  • Tigger - his tail as an accordion
  • Rabbit - recorder
  • Kanga - bass
  • Roo - snare drum
  • Owl - cymbals
  • Baloo (in his TaleSpin outfit) - flute
  • Kit Cloudkicker - flute
  • Rebecca Cunningham - flute
  • Molly Cunningham - flute
  • King Louie (in his TaleSpin outfit) - xylophone as wood blocks
  • Don Karnage - hurdy-gurdy
  • Kaa - his own tail
  • Shere Khan (in his TaleSpin outfit) - bassoon
  • Darkwing Duck - his electric guitar
  • Belle - harp
  • Beast - timpani
  • Abu - triangle
  • Rafiki - piccolo
  • Mushu - gong
  • Woody - cello
  • Bo Peep - cello
  • Buzz Lightyear - cello
  • Jessie - cello
  • Forky (extra!)
  • Bob Parr - violin
  • Helen Parr - violin
  • Dash Parr - violin
  • Violet Parr - violin
  • Jack Jack Parr (extra!)
  • Frozone - bass viola
  • Stitch - his guitar
  • Merida - her angel harp
  • Anna (in her queen outfit) - piano
  • Olaf and Sven - Olaf plays with Sven's antlers while the latter plays the sleigh bells.
  • Judy Hopps - French horn
  • Nick Wilde - ukelele
  • Raya - violin
  • Tuk Tuk (extra!)
  • Sisu - her own tail as a flute
He faces the orchestra and then orders "Haha! Okay everybody, one and two and..." The orchestra begins performing the opening medley with Disney tunes, "Where You Are", "Into the Unknown", and "When You Wish Upon a Star" while the last four include singing. The animatronic singers appear onstage one by one to sing their respective songs: Alice sings a verse of "The Golden Afternoon", Snow White sings "Someday My Prince Will Come", Mulan sings "Reflection", and Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa sing a shortened version of "Hakuna Matata".

Once the overture ends, the stage darkens for a second and the 3D film screen reveals a bright daytime sky. Then we pan to Moana sailing on her raft with Pua and Hei-Hei while singing "How Far I'll Go". Soon after, Maui shows up to perform "You're Welcome".

Then a splash down to the sea transitions to The Little Mermaid with water effects splashing the audience where Ariel and Sebastian, Flounder, and the sea creatures perform "Part of Your World" and the first and final choruses of "Under the Sea" respectively.

After a brief moment of darkness, the bubbles turn into a cloud of steam which appears from the lamp to reveal Genie who then sings two choruses of "Friend Like Me", and then Aladdin and Jasmine appear flying on Carpet around Agrabah singing "A Whole New World". Similar to that of Mickey's PhilharMagic.

Donald, Panchito, and Jose appear to sing the DuckTales reboot rendition of "The Three Caballeros" joined by Miguel Rivera who sings "Remember Me" as part of the Mexican medley.

The stars transition to Rapunzel and Flynn Rider singing "I See the Light" as they lift their lantern near the last chorus of the song. Guests take a glance at the lanterns floating around the theater.

Following the Tangled segment is the most exciting part, Elsa singing "Show Yourself" being accompanied by the Northuldra as she transforms into a spirit as a new occupation in The Enchanted Forest.

Then we fade to Tiana's Palace where Tiana sings "Down in New Orleans" with Louis playing his trumpet and Naveen playing his ukelele. Along the way, guests in the theater can recognize the sense of smell depending on the food Tiana serves before the 3-D film ends.

A moment later, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, and the objects as animatronics show up perform the "Be Our Guest". Mickey rises up and brings the orchestra to join them, followed by the performers (now as animatronics) from the previous segments. After this, the stage turns dark save for a spotlight shining on Mickey who turns around to face the audience and take a bow while the other characters wrap up with...

Everyone but Mickey (with chorus): M-I-C...K-E-Y...M-O-U-S-E...

Mickey signs off with this dialogue:
MICKEY: Well, thanks, everybody! We hope you enjoyed the show. Haha! See ya real soon!

The curtain closes and the show is over.

As the guests leave the theater and are told to put away the opera glasses into the special bins by the exit, the exit music plays consisting of: "Circle of Life"/"Winnie the Pooh Theme"/"You Can Fly"/"Once Upon a Dream"/"For the First Time in Forever"/"Beauty and the Beast"/"The Disney Afternoon Theme"/"Mickey Mouse Club March" (TDL's Mickey's PhilharMagic).

Last edited:

TheMrRamonlle

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yeah, I was intrigued by The Mickey Mouse Revue when I was looking at Tokyo Disneyland. I think I would agree, too, that I would prefer animatronics to a short film.

She does look like a Horn player! I played mine today for basically the first time since the start of Covid.
Thanks. Oh, I forgot to add her, Nick, and Pooh and his friends to the live-action ending of the pre-show.

Miru

Hmmm... maybe add a subplot where the villains take over the show for a bit? There’s a ton of songs you could use for that subplot, like “You’re Only Second Rate”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom