The 'Memory Maker' package for $199 and a question or two

mergatroid

Original Poster
Are these good value in most people's opinion? In the UK at the moment we're being offered a 14 day ticket for Disney World with the Memory Maker package thrown in for $520. We're not that bothered about the photographs ordinarily but as that's about the price we'd expect to pay for a 14 day pass anyway it seems quite good value?

I'll get an AP to use this trip and 11 months later the following year as that saves us on parking around $400 over the two trips though my wife is thinking about this 14 day ticket (each trip). So if she buys it with 'Memory Maker' are the photos only of her or can I be in them too? Likewise if it's attached to the band and I have her magic band on, will they photograph me on my own or is it only for the named person as opposed to the both of us?

I'm also assuming the pictures are unlimited and that the only hidden cost is if we want to order the photos rather than print them from the downloads ourselves?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

ChanceH

The memory maker will work with the whole group that’s it in the picture but will only load on the MDE app of the person who bought it and is linked via their magicband. When my DW family goes with us we always get the memory maker and we all get in the pictures. It loads on the MDE of the person that paid for it, pictures get saved and sent to the other people in our group.

mergatroid

Original Poster
The memory maker will work with the whole group that’s it in the picture but will only load on the MDE app of the person who bought it and is linked via their magicband. When my DW family goes with us we always get the memory maker and we all get in the pictures. It loads on the MDE of the person that paid for it, pictures get saved and sent to the other people in our group.

Thanks for replying, it's much appreciated. Do you get unlimited pictures (within reason obviously)?

becca_

From my understanding, you get unlimited pictures and downloads. I think it is "good" for a month, but you might be able to download the pictures for awhile after the MM is "activated".

I have an AP so MM is included and my pictures expire Feb 2019 (I took them Jan 2018 for reference). I think MM is awesome! Especially with 2 people, it is hard to get many pictures of both of you if you don't utilize the photopass photographers.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you purchase an AP it will include Memory Maker and your wife will not need to purchase it.
And it includes as many pictures as you want taken!

ChanceH

Thanks for replying, it's much appreciated. Do you get unlimited pictures (within reason obviously)?
Yes u get unlimited pictures during your trip and then unlimited downloads for a set time period. I think it’s about a month or so. I download all the pictures at the end of the trip and then print them off. I have 4 big canvas prints in my living room. One from each park. This one is my favorite

Attachments

• CDD01CE0-4A7B-4DF1-9318-CBFB6B2CFC84.jpeg
    CDD01CE0-4A7B-4DF1-9318-CBFB6B2CFC84.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 29

thomas998

As one poster already stated if you have an AP you don't need the MM. We normally get a MM as a backup in case our camera gets lost or our memory chip goes bonkers before we get back home to download... I would not rely solely on the MM if you really want photos of your trip. In the past we have had photos taken by the Disney photographers that were down right duds (tops of heads cut off, very crooked or improperly exposed which is more likely when you get photos at night have had several bad ones done during Mickey's Halloween party on mainstreet) and also had some photos taken never show up on our account (stood in line for quite some time for Tinkerbell once and the photos of that encounter never showed up). In the end if you have an AP use that to get your Disney MM photos, but don't assume they will all be great they won't so if you must have photos of your trip take your own camera as well. The Disney photographers will use your camera for you even when they do their own MM photo and when they use your camera you'll know instantly if they cut off your head which is a big advantage over their photos where you won't know if they are good or not for hours or sometimes the next day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom