The mayor of mainstreet?

Videoteck

Original Poster
Get this, I found this really strange but normally the people that "live on mainstreet come out in the morning right well get this I was near that hotdog place when I was sitting just eating, next thing you know this door opened up and this huge fat guy came out all dressed up with a top hat came out and walked over to me! Then he started talking to me in a british voice and started talking to me. I asked him what would be a good thing to eat and he said of all answers food lol.
Has anybody else ever seen this man who is he is the mayor of mainstreet or something?

wannab@dis

Yes, you met the Mayor of Main Street USA.

Attachments

• IMG_5247.JPG
    IMG_5247.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 84

brkgnews

Someimes he'll ask you where you're from. You say Billings Montana (or whatever) and he says "Oh, my favorite restaurant is there." You are, of course, intrigued and ask, "Really? Which one?"

"McDonalds."

bgraham34

brkgnews said:
Someimes he'll ask you where you're from. You say Billings Montana (or whatever) and he says "Oh, my favorite restaurant is there." You are, of course, intrigued and ask, "Really? Which one?"

"McDonalds."

Thats funny.

David

We met the Mayor on our last trip. While we were having our picture made with him, I commented on how much we enjoyed visiting his town, and how nice it was. He told us that he thanked us for the support and we were welcomed back at any time.

200 days from today, we'll be contributing more to the town coffers.

Enderikari

Yep, that's Mayor Christopher Weaver, the best mayor money can buy. He's a good mayor, but he has to worry about the upcoming election, where his opponent, Ms. Hildegard Olivia Harding is running against him. She's got nothing against Mayor Weaver, only except that he's a man.

uglybug2005

You actually met the town clerk Dewy Cheatum. The Mayor is older, shorter, and not nearly as fat (the mayor is in the pic posted above). The Mayor has a slight southern accent, and his name is Christopher George Weaver.
Other citizens of Main St. include Scoop Sanderson (reporter for the Main St. Gazette), Constance Purchase, Noah Lott, Shiela Shufflehop, and Ms. Hildegarde Olivia Harding (sufferagette running for Mayor even though women don't yet have the right to vote or hold office). There is also a fire chief, but I don't recall his name off the top of my head, and I've forgotten a few other ladies.
There are also atmosphere performers in Adventureland and Frontierland from time to time, like Gold Dust Gus, the prospector.
In the past there have been similar characters in Harambe and Dinoland at DAK and at Innoventions in Epcot. Of course, Streetmosphere at the Disney-MGM Studios is the oldest and largest location for atmosphere performers. All of those areas, as well as Dinner shows and speaking/singing roles in stage shows are staffed by the same Equity performers department. Constance Purchase is also Rose Petal (of Perfectly Princess Tea) and a sub at Hoop Dee Doo. Scoop also performs the roll of Grand Duke in Cinderellabration, Noah Lott is Merlin, and Dewy Cheatum can be found many nights in many roles at the Adventurers' Club on PI.
When parades are taped at WDW, many of these performers get to be "Warm-up" announcers for the crowds of extras.

disneypearl

I met the Mayor of Main Street on my last trip! I got my picture taken with him and talked for just a bit on how Main Street was so nice, etc. It was great when I saw him later and he remembered me. He asked if I was still enjoying my day and asked me a few more questions. He was wonderful and has my vote!

Oh, WOW. I had no idea these Main Street characters existed! :eek: Thank you so much for the enlightenment, they sound so cool. Now I have to go and google them all.

Enderikari

uglybug2005 said:
Constance Purchase, Noah Lott, Shiela Shufflehop, and Ms. Hildegarde Olivia Harding (sufferagette running for Mayor even though women don't yet have the right to vote or hold office). There is also a fire chief, but I don't recall his name off the top of my head, and I've forgotten a few other ladies.

The Fire Chief's name is Chief Smokey Miller

Videoteck

Original Poster
steviej said:
are they seasonal characters? Do they come out at certain times of the day?

Well like I said most mainstreet characters come out during the morning but when I met the mayor he came out in the lunch/afternoon times.

hrmom26

my kids and i saw him and he signed there books. i'm not sure what time of day it was but my kids liked him they thought he was funny

jimmyritt33

isn't it great that on this website people learn new things like the main street characters. i guess i just always took those characters for granted. if people took their time they'd notice the little things that make wdw even more special, like tinkerblell in the drawers at the tinkerbell shop in fantasyland, stuff like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom