The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh vs Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Screen-Shot-2021-07-27-at-9.54.49-AM-550x356.png

Under The Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom | Walt Disney  World Resort

NelleBelle

As the mom of teen boys who still love Pooh...Pooh! If I want to ride JotLM, I have to ride with my mom or with DH--the boys may begrudgingly ride but all I will hear afterwards are their heckles at me for wanting to ride. Plus, the line is always ridiculous!

yensidtlaw1969

Winnie the Pooh manages to do more with less. It's simple, but charming, has dynamics and contrast, some clever effects - it offers a taste of the fun of the movie and its characters without getting lost in the sauce.

As much as I enjoy the Facade and Queue of Mermaid, I think they contribute significantly to the attraction's problems - they over-promise on a ride that under-delivers. Had Mermaid's Facade matched Pooh's more closely in scale and scope the guest's expectation for the attraction would likely match the level of experience inside. The Fantasyland Dark Rides at the different parks are some of my favorite attractions anywhere, but Mermaid manages to miss so much of their charm without offering a sufficient alternative. 2 impressive animatronics does not a 5 minute dark ride make.

And of course, Mr. Toad devours them both, but that's another thread.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What really?? Yall are actually voting for Pooh over the Little Mermaid ride?

I strongly disagree... Guess I'm in the minority on this one. I think the animatronics are far superior (even the static ones lol), I enjoy the music, I enjoy the short wait time, the facade, less amounts of screaming, longer ride time... Like seriously. lol

yensidtlaw1969

There are some really fun moments and effects in the Winnie the Pooh ride. I wish they would make the heffalump room more impressive.

The water / rain effect is way better than the water effect (plastic water) in mermaid as well.
I'm not the biggest fan of projections, but I feel like the Heffalumps and Woozles room could beneit from some tasteful mapping. It wants to be kaleidoscopic and just falls kind of short.

UNCgolf

What really?? Yall are actually voting for Pooh over the Little Mermaid ride?

I strongly disagree... Guess I'm in the minority on this one. I think the animatronics are far superior (even the static ones lol), I enjoy the music, I enjoy the short wait time, the facade, less amounts of screaming, longer ride time... Like seriously. lol

I think it's mostly about expectations. Little Mermaid makes you think you're about to ride an E ticket and instead it's a C ticket, so it causes disappointment. Pooh doesn't do anything to make you think it's more than a C.

If you could remove all expectations, Mermaid might be better, although it suffers from having some of the worst/cheapest looking areas on any attraction at WDW in certain places.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I'm not the biggest fan of projections, but I feel like the Heffalumps and Woozles room could beneit from some tasteful mapping. It wants to be kaleidoscopic and just falls kind of short.
I’ve always wanted to fill the room with haze and do some custom heffalump gobos scanning the room with some color chases going on... make it a real “trip” haha.

I’m with you, the projections are over done but that room would be a good use for them.

JIMINYCR

Mermaid wins it for me. As much as I enjoy the old style attraction, (and I do want it to stay around) its just a too simple ride through. It was great when DS was little and wasnt up for the thrilling things. It is something I add in to do any time I'm in the park but if I had to miss it, it wouldnt devastate me. Mermaid I would miss doing.

LittleMerman

I love both bc I love dark rides and they're both really cute but my fave is...

The Little Mermaid! It's my favorite movie of all time and I love the animatronics and music and cute little scenes. It's not a perfect ride but it's one of my favorites in MK!

Carlevan2001

Winnie The Pooh all the way! They’re both in my top 10 at MK, but Pooh has always had a special place in my heart and I’ve been going on the Winnie The Pooh ride ever since I was a baby.

Musical Mermaid

Neither are among my favorite rides and I agree with others here that Mr. Toad was much better than either of them (loved the 2 different tracks), but I'm going to go with Little Mermaid. I'm more of a fan of that property and I like the extra ride length compared to Pooh. Also, I really dislike that Tigger "bouncing" scene in Pooh. I still resent Pooh a little for replacing Mr. Toad too, not that I dislike his character, but Mr. Toad was a better attraction idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom