The Mandalorian

Wendy Pleakley

Disney+ is live so turn away now if you don’t want spoilers.

Overall, I was impressed with the first episode. It’s visually stunning. I was drawn into the story, despite it being vague in terms of bounty hunting an unknown target.

Maybe a bit heavy handed with the references? The two characters surviving that lopsided shoot out was John Wick levels of ridiculousness. Another amusing droid is added to the Star Wars mythos.

david10225

Good start. Only weak parts for.me in my amature opinion was the flashback sequence looked a.little cheap and I didn't think the closing.credits music was up to the standards of the rest of the show. Definitely works best as a serial. Oh and that bounty droid is one I would pay the 100 bucks to build.

mf1972

i downloaded the app to my ps4, & when i try to watch the mandalorian or anything else i get a message saying “sorry, content you are trying to access is not available currently. you will be redirected to disney+ home.”
i’m assuming this is a day 1 glitch or something. a little annoying. hope it resolves soon. i’m also having issues downloading it to my smart tv as well. anyone else having the same problem?

Wendy Pleakley

Can’t wait to watch myself later. Skipping spoilers. Also please be courteous and use spoiler tags.

I don't think we can expect people to use spoiler tags about a show that has aired. I'm not a moderator, but I assume once an episode has gone live, it's fair game to discuss without spoiler tags.

Mike S

Original Poster
I don't think we can expect people to use spoiler tags about a show that has aired. I'm not a moderator, but I assume once an episode has gone live, it's fair game to discuss without spoiler tags.
Not everyone can watch it right away, like me.

bclane

Loved the show but did it seem washed out for anyone else? I have a Dolby Vision compatible TV and even watched a couple other things on Disney+ that looked great. Maybe first day glitches??? Anyway, other than the music I think they really knocked this out of the park.

erasure fan1

Can’t wait to watch myself later. Skipping spoilers. Also please be courteous and use spoiler tags.
I think you'll like it a lot. It's very much the old school star wars feel.
Quite enjoyed it. The end...woof.
It's funny, if they had told me that was the direction they would go, I would have said lame. But the way it played out, awesome.
Anyway, other than the music I think they really knocked this out of the park.
Yea, I wasn't really keen on the music either. It wasn't bad, it was just average. Hopefully the score improves as the series goes on.

I will say, with the shorter episodes, they should have dropped 2 right out of the gate. Overall I thought it was pretty awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom