The Mandalorian

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A New Hope didn’t need anything because all of it was brand new. It was the very first story told as I already explained. As the story goes on though more explanations for certain events are needed. A new big bad after the Emperor and the Empire? Yeah, people might want to know where they came from.
I am just not seeing how a new story gets a pass, but an old one does not...especially when they were essentially the same story.

I was fine with not knowing how the Empire formed in 1977 and I was fine with not knowing how the First Order formed in 2015 as a complete blow by blow back story was not needed to tell the portion of the story they were telling.

lazyboy97o

So did some Storm Trooper or technician from Bespin go run off and tell another Mandalorian that you could successfully freeze people in carbonite?

Mike S

Original Poster
So did some Storm Trooper or technician from Bespin go run off and tell another Mandalorian that you could successfully freeze people in carbonite?
It looks like they’re on Tatooine so hearing about Solo doesn’t seem far fetched.

sedati

That wasn't the first time. That specific facility on Bespin just hadn't been used for that purpose. The Clone Wars Citadel arc showed it was used well before. In fact, it was used as a form of hypersleep in times before lightspeed.

erasure fan1

This looks so much better than anything Disney has put out thus far outside of R1.
I haven't been big on TV shows for a very long time. This show could just be the one that makes me care about the format again. It hits you in all the right star wars places. The only thing missing is the force and jedi, but I'm not convinced that it won't happen. Maybe not season 1 but I see them bringing in the force at some point if this is a huge hit.

tk924

I'd say it even looks better than R1. I'm excited for this one.
R1 will be tough to be beat IMO but it does look really good so far.

I haven't been big on TV shows for a very long time. This show could just be the one that makes me care about the format again. It hits you in all the right star wars places. The only thing missing is the force and jedi, but I'm not convinced that it won't happen. Maybe not season 1 but I see them bringing in the force at some point if this is a huge hit.
Yeah, maybe they're holding back some surprises until later.

MuteSuperstar

I had no idea Werner Freakin' Herzog and Nick Nolte were involved. From what I'm seeing this looks pretty promising and my Star Wars interest level has been at an all time ebb since TLJ. Between what Herzog is saying about it and Favreau's general reverence and good taste, we may have something special on our hands here.

sedati

Those shots of the family wearing red robes... were they in the middle of their Life Day festivities when the super battle droids attacked?

AEfx

It's up now if you use XBOX One and follow the Norwegian link to the app that is floating around.

I'm 20 minutes in, and just paused for a second to use the bathroom - but had to share my joy - first time in a long time I've felt like THIS is the Star Wars I was hoping for. And I'm not even a huge Bounty Hunter/Fett kinda fan.

The designs on everything are fantastic so far - really makes me feel like I'm in the post-ROTJ era. I have a feeling waiting between episodes is going to be difficult, but I'm already pretty certain that I'll be watching it through more than once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom