The Mandalorian and Grogu to appear at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland but Walt Disney World left out

smooch

BTW, this is why ALL Star Wars and Marvel content from now on should always have some characters who wear full masks. Face characters just don't usually cut it for me.
Unless they knock it out of the park like they did with the Rey face characters back around GE's opening, I haven't seen recent pictures so I'm not sure how close the actors look now but I remember being blown away at how similar the Rey characters looked to Daisy Ridley.

MarvelCharacterNerd

If GE is a hellhole, then AC is Satan’s bedroom and bathroom, all in one. Lots and lots of sh*t and p*ss.
1668825325184.png

mickEblu

Wait it can't?

Also, does Baby Yoda move? The pictures looked like they just bought a Baby Yoda doll and called it good but I would have hoped for it to be an actual puppet.

He moves a little bit and he looks fine. I think he has to move a little bit more. When he’s not moving he looks like the $30 toy from Star Trader. Haven’t seen him in person though.

I haven’t heard Mando talking. Hopefully that’s coming soon. Even the characters come out in phased openings. Lol

Last edited:

mickEblu

Chewie and the stormtroopers are obviously the best walk around characters in the parks right? Especially Chewie due to his size which feels otherworldly. I also feel like a Chewie sighting is more rare. And also it’s Chewie.

Vegas Disney Fan

Grogu moves and coos.
It’s cute but I think I’d rather have a stand alone meet and greet for Grogu like baby groot had at HS, that was a cool little animatronic, it also made for a quick line since he couldn‘t really interact… watch from line, take a closer look once it was your turn, take a pic, and move on. Mando could still wander the park looking for him.

Still a great addition though and when we go in Feb we’ll definitely be looking for them.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s cute but I think I’d rather have a stand alone meet and greet for Grogu like baby groot had at HS, that was a cool little animatronic, it also made for a quick line since he couldn‘t really interact… watch from line, take a closer look once it was your turn, take a pic, and move on. Mando could still wander the park looking for him.

Still a great addition though and when we go in Feb we’ll definitely be looking for them.
The Grogu character prior to the end of season 2 was more dependent on Mando. So it made sense why they went this route given the connection between the two. However a solo Grogu M&G isn't that far out of the possibilities if season 3 sees more autonomy in the character as I expect.

But I agree using the Baby Groot AA as a jumping off point is what would be cool for a Grogu M&G. But I would like to see more of a version from Project Kiwi.

If you're not familiar with Project Kiwi its where they created a complete walk around AA teen aged Groot:

So having a Grogu M&G that moves around a space would be cool.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Keep the cheerleading for that disaster of a land up.😉

View attachment 679503

And when you need to put someone else down to make yourself feel better...

1668913750961.png

I don't care if you don't like the place, but I don't belittle you personally just because you have a different opinion. I simply disagree.

I'm at Campus weekly and I have nothing but fun there every visit. As do my friends and family. That's not "cheerleading", that's literally hundreds of hours of great experiences I've personally had and watched others have, too.

Whereas in my very first visit to Galaxy's Edge I was physically assaulted by a costumed cast member who came up behind me and shoved me so hard that I nearly hit the ground and my back is still damaged years later. So I stand by my description of the place being a "hellhole". For many reasons.

But if it makes you feel good, go ahead and keep trying to demean me for liking a different land at a theme park than you do.

Californian Elitist

View attachment 679659

I don't care if you don't like the place, but I don't belittle you personally just because you have a different opinion. I simply disagree.

I'm at Campus weekly and I have nothing but fun there every visit. As do my friends and family. That's not "cheerleading", that's literally hundreds of hours of great experiences I've personally had and watched others have, too.

Whereas in my very first visit to Galaxy's Edge I was physically assaulted by a costumed cast member who came up behind me and shoved me so hard that I nearly hit the ground and my back is still damaged years later. So I stand by my description of the place being a "hellhole". For many reasons.

But if it makes you feel good, go ahead and keep trying to demean me for liking a different land at a theme park than you do.
Jesus…

Were we not joking around? I’m confused. This is now the second time you’ve accused me of demeaning you, when, once again, it couldn’t be further from the truth. You responded with a Spider-Man meme, so I did the same and even included a winky face, because, ONCE AGAIN, I thought we were messing around. I couldn’t care less if you like AC. Do you.

Note to self, no more “joking” with you, since you take things personally all the time, including harmless jokes. Then come the accusations. I’m done.

Have a good night.

CaptinEO

View attachment 679659

Wow they assaulter you and left lasting damage? Did you take any legal action? That's really messed up a CM did that to you.

MoonRakerSCM

Vy belittled me (because I said vee vs. vye, honestly I don't care which is correct anymore) and got Chewie to stare me down and aggressively growl at me. It was funny for a bit... then kept going... and got uncomfortable. All my friends agreed it was odd how Vy spent so much time attacking me after I said 'Hi Vee!' instead of vye or whichever it is.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me at Avengers Campus... worst thing has been Moon Knight flailed his cape at me after I waved at him when he was in the land for the couple days he was there.

Due to music, physical energy in the land from more people passing through (in night at particular since the ride doesn't close early like SWL) and knowing that Vy is not sulking in the corners looking to mentally assault me, I'll take Avengers campus any day... plus I can easily order a beer/drink there vs. the idiotic chaos that is trying to get into Oga's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom