The Main Street Electrical Parade 2.0

PaisleyMF

Original Poster
I've been thinking and thinking in the past few week about a newer "nightime parade" something in the lines of Spectro Magic or MSEP. I know this are classic and if they aint broken, don't fix it. But is in a way to give a newer generation that trill of the night time parade.

In the next few days i will post each segment of the parade, since i need to figure out and sort what i would like to have.

This first post is the main line of the music and the main float.

Music: we all love the MSEP electrosytomagnetic musical sound (that old midi sound) well imagine the same intro and the same electronic voice but when goes to a black out a more dance beat (like the music style of Dance Dance Revoultion; Disney Rave).

Main float, remember the drum, lets do a newer one made of LED's Fiber optics several LED dispays (like the World barge at Illumiantions):

LED last longer and it is brighter plus it can be created to change colors on a single led. on each side of the drum the name of the parade can be created on a pair of circular LED displays that can be upgraded or change in a moment and even live with animation and effects like fireworks and graphics.

PaisleyMF

Original Poster
Mickeys Float

from the sound system comes the Mickey Mouse march in a techno beat. around people are dancing in day glow clothes (the float will have black light to make the people glow)

Mickey control the colors of the floats around him. he will have a globe (like the one they use now but the inside will be either a proyection (like the over Epcot's Innoventions) or have you seen the "Glow carts" the spining leds, that constlanty change doing a Mickey.

The float resembles more like an orquestra podium but in clouds and some sort of fog / smoke comes from the float.

JJE

That sounds realy cool!!!
I think you should send a letter to the Disney Imagineers and tell them about this

WDWparadetech1

Hi im a float driver for WDW. I drive the Mickey float for Spectro, the mickey float, dreams come true float, and the villian float for SADCTP, i drive the elepahnt float and the bird float for MJJP.

I would love to drive one of your floats.

Im also a Lighting Technician and a Pyrotechnician here too.

So if can be of any help please contact me.

PaisleyMF

Original Poster
thanks guys.

Float number three:

Characters float: Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Donald, Chip & Dale are the host of a musical tribute to Small World, it will have light that move and change colors (moving heads or mirror based like Varilite or Intellabeams) also with leds and mirrors it will have more like a disco (maybe even drop a Disco Duck on it)

Float number four:

Splash Mountain, with the same technology used over the "Drum float" it will appear to have water running as rivers and cascades all over, it will look like a tree, and our host Berh Rabbit and the gang will be on the Zip Deh Do Da tune.

PaisleyMF

Original Poster
Sorry fo the delay.

Float five: Pixar Animation, this one is a big one because it starts with Mater (the truck from Cars) as he "pulls the main float with the Incredibles and Toy Story caracters in Huge cones (just like the block party over DCA). At some sides with the video tech like in Spash Mountain Float we can see Nemo and friends in a Coral and on the other end with a magnifiying glass (a video) Bugs Life comes to live, ending in Lighting McQueen at a 3 float.

Float Number Six: Villans Float

With Mirror from Snow White as our Host (made also with Video) we get to see in a Castle looklike float (with neon accents or neon look like).

Sorry!

boo52

Hi im a float driver for WDW. I drive the Mickey float for Spectro, the mickey float, dreams come true float, and the villian float for SADCTP, i drive the elepahnt float and the bird float for MJJP.

I would love to drive one of your floats.

Im also a Lighting Technician and a Pyrotechnician here too.

So if can be of any help please contact me.

OK Which one are you?
[ ] Float Driver
[ ] Parade Lighting Maintenance
[ ] Pyrotechnician

You cannot be all three since union wise it CAN'T happen. The last one I am hard to believe, since you MUST be a full time technician to receive your ATF Employee Possesor permit.

rbrower

Sorry fo the delay.

Float five: Pixar Animation, this one is a big one because it starts with Tom (the truck from Cars) as he "pulls the main float with the Incredibles and Toy Story caracters in Huge cones (just like the block party over DCA). At some sides with the video tech like in Spash Mountain Float we can see Nemo and friends in a Coral and on the other end with a magnifiying glass (a video) Bugs Life comes to live, ending in Lighting McQueen at a 3 float.

Float Number Six: Villans Float

With Mirror from Swon White as our Host (made also with Video) we get to see in a Castle looklike float (with neon accents or neon look like).

I really like the idea! By the way, the tow truck from Cars is named Mater, not Tom.

WDWparadetech1

OK Which one are you?
[ ] Float Driver
[ ] Parade Lighting Maintenance
[ ] Pyrotechnician

You cannot be all three since union wise it CAN'T happen. The last one I am hard to believe, since you MUST be a full time technician to receive your ATF Employee Possesor permit.

Ok not pyro has in Wishes Pyro, stage pyro. I dont do parade lighting, I do stage lighting. That I dont do all the time it is mainly a side thing, and yes the union does allow you to do certain side jobs. And I am mainly a Float Driver. I do lighting as a side hobby when im off.

boo52

Ok not pyro has in Wishes Pyro, stage pyro. I dont do parade lighting, I do stage lighting. That I dont do all the time it is mainly a side thing, and yes the union does allow you to do certain side jobs. And I am mainly a Float Driver. I do lighting as a side hobby when im off.
Well your past posts had led , most of us to believe you are a Parade Lighting Maintenance. And THIS post led us to believe you do Pyro, Lighting, and Driver at Disney. So at Disney, you only are a parade driver? When it comes to Pyro at Disney, they treat it all the same. Stage Pyro and Display Pyro are one in the same for permiting.

PaisleyMF

Original Poster
Last 2 floats, since this are the most complex ones:

Float number 7:Captain Hook's Pirate Ship, this is a complex one since it will magically look like it becomes from a boat to the "Golden Ship" at the end of Peter Pan. it will have a small fight and then Peter takes over and the Ship is sparke in pixie dust becomes golden and is floats like is on air (hydraulics and a lot of smoke machines)it can be raced like 4 or five meters at a stop. maybe in some points. you can fly is the music on it.

Float 8 Princess Floats lead by Aladdin and Jasmin in a Whole New World in a "movin carpet" (smaller system like the PP float only smaller, with smoke all the time in clouds)all the float is in cloud either as everybody is dancing in the clouds, maybe even have a moment where beast can be the Prince and Back, in a Blackout.

Bugs carts
All the original bugs in the full glory (new light of course), use of LEDs Neon and "data flashes" the eyes can be made of varilites (moving head light) so no only move it illuminates and changes color.

WDWparadetech1

Well your past posts had led , most of us to believe you are a Parade Lighting Maintenance. And THIS post led us to believe you do Pyro, Lighting, and Driver at Disney. So at Disney, you only are a parade driver? When it comes to Pyro at Disney, they treat it all the same. Stage Pyro and Display Pyro are one in the same for permiting.

Did i ever say it was on proptery stage pyro, NO. I never lead anything to say i did Parade Lighting Maintenance. Im sorry for leading you to believe that. I didnt mean to. Maybe i should have explained myself more clearly. I dont have anything to do with disney pyro. That was justa little white lie and im sorry about that. I do lighting at Dinsey, but its a side thing, not full time. Im mainly a Float Driver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom