The Magic Kingdom Mountains

Avid Merrion

Original Poster
I will always be loyal to thunder mountain and splash muntain. they RULE!!! Splash muntain is great and i wish it was even longer. thunder mountain makes my world go round.
space mountain doesn't seem as good as it used to be. either i'm getting less satisfied by small thrills or it's getting slower.
I am sorry if there is any other threads about the MKMs. i couldn't see any.:sohappy:

Graci23

I Cant agree with you more. But i believe all 3 mountains are amazing. I can never say anything negative about Space Mountain, it's still one of my favorite rides ever. Not exactly the fastest coaster but the fun level is still there. Splash Mountain i love everything about it ; the music, the characters, and the drops. Big Thunder is a great ride as well being on a wild train. This is why Magic Kingdom is my favorite place to be.

ps: what is that roller coaster in your logo next to your name?

Darwin

I think there isn't a mountain I don't like. Isn't the new ride in Asia at the Animal Kingdom the tallest mountain out of them all, in all Florida? If you want a thrill on space mountain, see how high you dare to raise your hands up. You can see shadows of cross beams, but how high are they? Do you think the imagineers were smart enough to keep them out of reach. I can tell you no, because I hit one of them with my hands once. It doesn't hurt as long as you tilt your hands back.

Avid Merrion

Original Poster
Expedition Everest, i believe, stands at 200 feet above the ground. the space mountain in france is much scarier. although the florida one is still nice.

Disneian

Splash is the way to go!

I absolutely love Splash. It's by far my favorite mountain and I could ride and ride and ride all day long! There is just something about that ride that makes me feel like a child again -- and the story is never boring. I also see new things that I haven't seen before each ride!

RenegadeMilkmen

wdwishes2005 said:
I love Splash. BTMRR is ok, Space is very very cool but needs an overhaul. It has the potential to be the most exciting ride at MK.

I also think Space could use an overhaul, like make it faster and maybe have a loop. But, I was watching a video of the DL Space Mountain Mission 2, and I have to say- the soundtrack on the ride is incredibly cheesy and to me, one of the best parts about Space Mountain in WDW is the eerie space noises and sounds that you hear when your walking into the ride. If they make the ride like the one in DL, all except for the soundtrack, I'd be satisfied.

brertigger

I love Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I recently went on it about 10 times in one evening (Grad Nite) with my senior class. We could not get enough of this ride (plus the line was REALLY short). I will never forget squeezing three of us into one row a number of times.

Splash is great, especially on hot June days. The story really adds to the ride. It is fun to go on Splash with someone who hasn't been on it before (or been several years since they've been on it), since then they keep wondering before each drop if it is the big one.

Space is lots of fun also.
If you want a thrill on space mountain, see how high you dare to raise your hands up. You can see shadows of cross beams, but how high are they? Do you think the imagineers were smart enough to keep them out of reach. I can tell you no, because I hit one of them with my hands once. It doesn't hurt as long as you tilt your hands back.
Those beams are quite low (as I observed when I rode with the lights on). I don't think they designed Space with as nearly as much clearance as they did EE.

I also think Space could use an overhaul, like make it faster and maybe have a loop. But, I was watching a video of the DL Space Mountain Mission 2, and I have to say- the soundtrack on the ride is incredibly cheesy and to me, one of the best parts about Space Mountain in WDW is the eerie space noises and sounds that you hear when your walking into the ride. If they make the ride like the one in DL, all except for the soundtrack, I'd be satisfied.

I agree- Space could use an overhaul. Maybe make it a little faster, but mainly smoother. I hope they do not add any loops. Without loops, more guests can enjoy the attraction, which is better for MK. It would be very nice to get onboard audio for Space Mountain trains though, like DL got.

Epcot82Guy

I actually have the opposite view. Splash and BTMRR are not as good now as they seemed when I was a kid, but Space is just as good if not better. I do agree that the building and perhaps track itself could use an upgrade, but I think the experience itself is great. Make it darker, smoother, and maybe add some effects, but the general layout of the ride works well IMHO.

bassman

i love the MK mountains
splash rules, that theme music is the best ride music ever
Big thunder is cool only i wish they would do something about those noisy lift chains,they should put that thing they have on EEs lift hill to make it quieter
space mountain is one of the most fun rides in MK, my only drawback is that it seems a little dated,they should do what they did to the DLC version with the blue neon lights and the shiny silver. not change the ride,never change the ride just update the scenery a bit make it more modern.dont get me wrong it looks great as it is but the whole story of tomorrowland is invention and technological improvement,looking into the future that never was.

natalia1681

I love love love Splash. The story and the multiple drops throughout are wonderful:D and I never grow tired of them.

I enjoy BTMRR, but wouldn't wait very long for it. I remember waiting for close to an hour when I was a kid to ride it one night. It was very neat to ride at night. However, I always seem to enjoy rides more when the wait is less:lol::lol::lol:

I think Space Mountain is great. It was the first roller coaster I ever rode and it is still one of my favorites. Something about the pitch black and those tight turns and the feeling like if you sat up too straight, you might have your head knocked off:lookaroun are all very exciting.

Does anybody know about how fast Space goes? It feels pretty fast to me, but I had heard once that it was something like 20 mph at its top speed. Can anybody please let me know?:wave: Thanks!!

mickeyman65

bassman said:
i love the MK mountains
splash rules, that theme music is the best ride music ever
Big thunder is cool only i wish they would do something about those noisy lift chains,they should put that thing they have on EEs lift hill to make it quieter
space mountain is one of the most fun rides in MK, my only drawback is that it seems a little dated,they should do what they did to the DLC version with the blue neon lights and the shiny silver. not change the ride,never change the ride just update the scenery a bit make it more modern.dont get me wrong it looks great as it is but the whole story of tomorrowland is invention and technological improvement,looking into the future that never was.
I couldn't agree more...don't change the ride..the DL Space is so nice, new and polished but the track layout sucks. To me the jerkyness and the clacking noise makes the ride more thrilling..unlike the DL version that seems slick and to perfect..if you know what I mean

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom