Trip Report the Magic is gone....so sad...

Went in September for 8 days and found there is no more magic, they took it all away...!!
It was just horrible having to wear a mask all the time, not because it was hot and sticky, but it is just a pain in the ***.!
All cast members had a mask AND shield and gloves...give me a break...couldn't hear a word anyone of them was saying.
Confined to one park is horrible also, love to hope around and felt constrained., many rides closed...etc, etc.
No parades no fireworks anywhere......but everything costs the same if not more, DID NOT get my money's worth.
Don't get me wrong I love WDW honeymooned there in 1977 gone back 20 times since,
BUT, unless and until everything goes BACK TO NORMAL I'm afraid I will not continue to give Disney my 5k per year
and I'll miss it dearly.

There can't be a NEW NORMAL as far as I'm concerned.
Back to the way it was or better or I'm Done............

goofy5380

Original Poster
I guess it is great for Florida residents, AP holders but I'm not one and only get to go every 1 or 2 years.

Zipadeelady

I've been wanting to go back but the thought of wearing a mask all day makes me want to wait it out a bit more. So while I wait I've been reading lots of reports from people that have a better tolerance of the mask then i do so i understand that part of your complaint.

My question is when you booked your trip didn't you realize there would be no fireworks, parades, and CM's would be wearing masks? If i was traveling during a pandemic I would've done some research and saved my 5K and waited if fireworks and parades were at the top of my list.

From what I gather they are trying to give you as much "magic" as they can at the moment and still have a somewhat safe environment. At least DisneyWorld is open unlike DisneyLand. I say while you're there try to make some of your own magic.

I'm sorry it sucked for you. I do hope it gets back to normal soon.

goofy5380

Original Poster
my trip was booked in October 2019 and I didn't want to cancel it so I went.....
not good bang for my buck.......probably my bad

This is the reason I canceled our August trip and will not return until 2022. Hopefully, masks will be gone and things are back to normal. Praying! Hey, if it isn't, than I wait another year.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time there.

pkkurz

Sorry it didn’t work for you. We just got back from 10 days the first week of October. Yes, it was hot In a mask. Yes, I had to ask cast members to repeat themselves because of their masks/shield. Yes, we didn’t have fast passes and couldn’t park hop. Was the magic still there, ABSOLUTELY. We chose to focus on the positive and truthfully had one of our best trips. We felt that Disney did the best they could given the circumstances. We enjoyed the spontaneous cavalcades and the physically distanced character interactions. I have been going to Disney since 1972 and this trip felt like the ”old” Disney were you could take your time and enjoy. BTW our grandkids had a blast and it was worth every penny we spent.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Went in September for 8 days and found there is no more magic, they took it all away...!!
It was just horrible having to wear a mask all the time, not because it was hot and sticky, but it is just a pain in the ***.!
All cast members had a mask AND shield and gloves...give me a break...couldn't hear a word anyone of them was saying.
Confined to one park is horrible also, love to hope around and felt constrained., many rides closed...etc, etc.
No parades no fireworks anywhere......but everything costs the same if not more, DID NOT get my money's worth.
Don't get me wrong I love WDW honeymooned there in 1977 gone back 20 times since,
BUT, unless and until everything goes BACK TO NORMAL I'm afraid I will not continue to give Disney my 5k per year
and I'll miss it dearly.

There can't be a NEW NORMAL as far as I'm concerned.
Back to the way it was or better or I'm Done............
Katiebug??? That you??

KBLovedDisney

"The Magic is gone...so sad" = Unmagical

Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

Dave B

Sorry it didn’t work for you. We just got back from 10 days the first week of October. Yes, it was hot In a mask. Yes, I had to ask cast members to repeat themselves because of their masks/shield. Yes, we didn’t have fast passes and couldn’t park hop. Was the magic still there, ABSOLUTELY. We chose to focus on the positive and truthfully had one of our best trips. We felt that Disney did the best they could given the circumstances. We enjoyed the spontaneous cavalcades and the physically distanced character interactions. I have been going to Disney since 1972 and this trip felt like the ”old” Disney were you could take your time and enjoy. BTW our grandkids had a blast and it was worth every penny we spent.
I think the OP is referring to the fact that there was no discount and that he/she paid full price for a quarter of the experience, its crazy to me how people are willing to pay the same price as the pre-covid with no added value, in fact a lot of the intrinsic values have been removed, I AM GLAD you and the family had a good time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom