the LIVING SEAS

THX-1701

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Are they going bring back the hyrdopods or replace it with something else like maybe a submarine ride or something?
*o*

Dayma

A gem of a place on a hot day. Total air condition. Leave it alone.

Not exactly what Disney was designed for :) ..... Everytime I go into the pavillion its empty so something has to be done.

MFLetou

Its awful. Seems like a terrible waste of space, resources, etc. Except as a cool backdrop for the Coral Reef Restaurant anyway. It reminds me of that scene from Analyze This when Robert DiNiro interupts Billy Crystal's vacation and offers him use of one of the women swimming in the big tanks surrounding them!

GaryT977

Originally posted by blackride
Not exactly what Disney was designed for :) ..... Everytime I go into the pavillion its empty so something has to be done.

It was pretty busy when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

It's got to be hard to re-hab an area with a tank that size. I wish I had enuf imagination to think of what could be done to it.

Shaman

The rumor is that NEMO is coming to TLS...reminds me of the whole Stitch takeover of AE at Magic Kingdom. :rolleyes:

If they had to put Nemo at TLS (which I think they don't) I think they could put him into the intro/educational movie which they show before you go to "Sea Base Alpha" (I always skip this), or maybe even on the screens above in the waiting area. If they bring back the small ride part of TLS I think they could incorporate perhaps the voices...and perhaps even put some screens up with the same tank look...and show Nemo and all the other characters there....(but it already sounds too kiddie)...

Since I think this will happen, I hope they do it right, and keep the same educational/discovery element TLS like all EPCOT once and should always have...I just hope they don't make TLS into something like JIYI. :hammer: :brick:

cindy_k

Originally posted by objr
If they had to put Nemo at TLS (which I think they don't) I think they could put him into the intro/educational movie which they show before you go to "Sea Base Alpha" (I always skip this), or maybe even on the screens above in the waiting area. If they bring back the small ride part of TLS I think they could incorporate perhaps the voices...and perhaps even put some screens up with the same tank look...and show Nemo and all the other characters there....(but it already sounds too kiddie)...

If they redo that intro movie with Nemo in it, and make it educational like the Lion King movie in the Land Pavilion, it should be alright. And I might actually stop to watch the movie once more instead of going straight to the Hydrolators.

whatwouldwaltdo

I think there's a bigger issue that needs to be addressed when it comes to TLS - HOW and WHY was it left to deteriorate so terribly? This pavillion just screams apathy. Definitely not very Disney.:(

Blizz

Well give up the idea of bringing back the Hydropods. The reason they killed that, was because too many guests kept getting off and walking the ride and other things. This caused Disney to pull the ride part. In my mind this killed the Living Seas.

I would love to see a new ride in there with maybe a Nemo theme.

Shaman

Originally posted by THX-1701
Maybe they should add some new fish to the tank ,like a whale or something.

I think that would be a little too difficult...I'm no expert on tanks and whales and stuff...but I doubt they could put a whale in there...new fish yes....but a whale...I doubt it....gotta admit though that would be really cool.

Originally posted by Blizz
Well give up the idea of bringing back the Hydropods. The reason they killed that, was because too many guests kept getting off and walking the ride and other things. This caused Disney to pull the ride part. In my mind this killed the Living Seas.

I agree...they need to get that ride back up with some new elements added to it....to bring in people. The TLS as a whole needs a major rehab. I hope this will be the next attraction Disney will focus on in the months to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom