The Living Seas

o0astrex0o

Original Poster
I was just recently in Epcot when a friend of mind asked me " Lets go to the living seas and ride the little ride they have" well im not a big fan of the living seas so i just decided to go to make her happy. But then I relized...hey where did the ride go? I asked someone there and they said they shut it down for safety reasons..is that true? or was he just lying to tell me that they didnt want to spend money on that ride?

sorry if something liek this was already posted but i couldnt foind any information on it

space42

The ride was shut down to cut costs.
This attraction no longer has a corporate sponser to help cover operating expenses.

cm1988

Originally posted by Passport
United Tech? Who are they? What do they do?
United Technologies is a conglomerate of Otis Elevator, Pratt and Whitney (I think) engines, Carrier (I think) air conditioners, and more.

MKingdom25

I think I remember the ride last being there a few years ago. Just to make sure I am recalling correctly, are we referring to the ride that used similar cars as the Tomorrow Transit Authority? Thats the only ride in Living Seas I remember. If that is it, I like it when it around, but don't miss it that much.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by cm1988

United Technologies is a conglomerate of Otis Elevator, Pratt and Whitney (I think) engines, Carrier (I think) air conditioners, and more.

In case anybody is curious, on the United Technologies website, they list as major business "Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines, Carrier heating and air-conditioning systems, Otis elevators and escalators, Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace and industrial systems, Sikorsky helicopters and UTC Fuel Cells."

If anybody is bored like me (haha), you can go to their website @ United Technologies Corporation.

DisneyCP2000

That was a weird sponsorship? I can see SE and communication, Wonders and Metlife, and such. But United Tech & the seas...is there a connection that I missed. UT & the hydrolators or the cars. Do you guys know what it was?

jmarc63

Here is the profile of United Technologies Bussiness

MAJOR BUSINESSES

Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines, Carrier heating and air-conditioning systems, Otis elevators and escalators, Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace and industrial systems, Sikorsky helicopters and UTC Fuel Cells. Several UTC units supply equipment for U.S. space operations.

jmarc63

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
That was a weird sponsorship? I can see SE and communication, Wonders and Metlife, and such. But United Tech & the seas...is there a connection that I missed. UT & the hydrolators or the cars. Do you guys know what it was?

I don't think that at this point that Disney is concernrd if the sponsors core Bussiness fits in with the attractions theme. If it did then United Technologies would be a better fit for MS because of its Aerospace division than Compaq/HP. But the only connection I can see is for the Hydrolators(sic Elevators)

MKingdom25

How about Ozarka or one the bottled water companies sponsoring it? It fits, sorda (hey they are both water) and maybe they would give away free water. Always a good thing in the toasty Florida summer!

bearboysnc

Chicken of the Sea should take over, and then they can have the ride empty into a Circle Vision Theater to witness the proccess of canning Tuna.

VERY educational.

isnet396

UT used to make lots of stuff for the military (submarines, sumbersibles). Their Pratt&Whitney jets can also power other seacraft. Apparantly, the name didn't stick with guests, so they dropped after the initial 10 years.

Ian

Rehabilitated

The problem with pavillion sponsorships is the high cost. Disney wants over $100MM for 10 year sponsorships, more if you want and e-ticket ride, even more if you want input on the attraction (some estimates put GM's payout as high as $300MM or $400MM for TestTrack).

Hard to sell sponsorships in a bad economy especially when the product links are tenuous so marketing benefit is hard to measure. The best companies to target are ones with big names, deep pockets, in marekting driven businesses. Film, fuel, cars, food, communications, credit. Kodak, Exxon, GM, Nestle, AT&T, American Express. Those are pretty easy.

Looking at the tough ones. Wonders of Life? Go after a pharmceutical company like Johnson & Johnson who also has a consumer products division. Living Seas? Go after an environment friendly company or one with no explicable link like EDS or maybe a bank like Bank of America (although Disney has a strong relationship with SunTrust).

As a soon to be employee of IBM, I think its ashame that IBM doesn't play a bigger role at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom