The little pleasures of a Disney World trip...What are your favorites?

big80sanddisney

Original Poster
big80sanddisney here...

I took a few days off because I needed to come up with some ideas for topics. Forgive me if someone already came up with this one, but I'd like to ask:

What are some of the little things that make your trips to Disney World great?

Here are 2 off the top of my head:

1.) Getting fudge from the sweet shop on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom. Small bricks of pure sugar...MMM, MMM, GOOD!:cool:

2.) Taking an afternoon off and lounging around your chosen resort. I always stay with my family at Old Key West, so I like to take dips in the pool, go to their workout area, and check out the occasional movie. If only they'd upgrade to DVD.

So, what are some of your favorite little pleasures of a Disney World trip?

Sincerely,

John "big80sanddisney" Kilduff

crazygirley

1. The Citrus Swirl, Mickey Premium Bar, and Dole Whip (In that order) that I get each time I go to MK.

2. The slide at AKL.

3. Using my parents tickets to get Fast Passes for RnRC since they don't ride it.

That's all I can think of right now.

Pippa

1 Resort TV, if only I could get that channel at home!

2 Kungaloosh cocktails, tried making them at home but its not the same

3 Eating and not worrying about my figure, for 2 weeks anyhow!

DDuckFan130

-when i'm in line for certain rides like ToT and RnRC it kicks in that man i'm in disney wooooo! :lol:

-that feeling also kicks in when i'm in my bed at the hotel and im trying to fall asleep..."Diana (my sister)...I'm afraid we're not in Miami anymore"...woo hoo!

-Mickey Waffles...never the same without those waffles

Regina:wave:

TIGGER-FAN

Getting a piece of chocolate cake from the bakery on main street as we leave the park. Then taking it back to the hotel, get some milk and eating it while watching resort tv.:slurp:

wdwhoneymooner

Mickey Icecream bars @ MK. And trying to eat it without them melting all over your fingers on a hot, humid day.

Candy shopping on MainStreet as the last thing we pick up before leaving.

Striking a dumb pose on ToT and SM pictures just to contrast the reactions of first timers.

Citrus Swirls, Crystal Palace and letting a kid stand in front of me during parades.

meeko_33785

Background music in the parks, resorts, etc. (especially Main Street, Fantasyland, France, everywhere at MGM, and Camp Mickey-Minnie.

Resort TV, seeing all the attractions I will do that day, or had done that day, depending on when I see it.

The Wishing Well and Fountain by the Castle.

Getting anything in the bakery in France.

mrtoad

Well, I am going with non-rides because that is what I assume you are looking for.

Citrus Swirls, I need at least one. But I try to get one for each day in the MK.

Frozen Lemonade at AK

One ride in the front of the Monorail

A walk around the Polynesian for old time sake (I can't afford to stay there now that I am an adult)

Seeing happy faces. Not too many non-happy faces are seen while visiting the world (except those that are leaving) :(

Cajun Bloody Marys at Dixie Landings (POR). If you like Bloody Marys, that is the place to go.

That is all for now.

mrtoad

Originally posted by meeko_33785
Background music in the parks, resorts, etc.

I agree. My favorite in the parks is probably Adventureland. For hotel, I like Port Orleans (now Port Orleans French Qtr).

The background music, helps to make the experience what it is.

crazygirley

One of the other things that I really, really like to do is at Typhoon Lagoon. I LOVE getting the Grilled Cheese Pretzel that comes in the kid's meal. After I am done, it's a tradition to park ourselves on a chaise in the sand on the "beach" and build a sandcastle with the bucket and shovel you get. We make a HUGE castle with a moat and flowers and foilage all over it...everyone walks by and enjoys it, and I get a GREAT tan during the process!!!

Shannon_Yensid

Cinnamon Rolls at AK.....mmmmmmmmmmm......:slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

of course i have to ride tower of terror a zillion times too :)

oh yea, and i have to look at my brick at MK and both my tiles at Epcot, just because

Billy6

Ahhh..the little things....here are some of my favorite..

1) just being there is good enough....

2) Making stupid faces in the Cameras getting off of Space Mountain...

3) the strawberry swirls are good too..anyone ever had um?
they are across from the teacups..:slurp:

4) Repeating the Monorail speech to annoy my sisters..
"please stand clear of the doors"
" por favor mantengase allejado de las puertas"

5) " one little spark, of your creation"

6) TOT Cast members..best actors in the joint..

7) singing "O Canada" whilst walking through Canada(WS)
and having the CM's joining in

8) Steven Tyler saying " Threeeeeee, Twooooo, Onnnneee"
....you know whats next...

9) smelly water on Splash Mountain....:cry:

10) last but not least...TURKEY LEGS

..these are some of my favorite things..

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Seeing the first billboard to advertising WDW on the roadside in the shuttle from the airport.

Relaxing with a drink by the resort pool

Not having to worry about anything for my whole vacation except maybe where to eat and which park to go to (and those aren't too big of stressors)

Seeing the castle

mkepcotmgmak

being dead tired after a LONG day in the parks, and going up to the room, stretching my long legs across the bed, and dreaming about disney for...

A WAKE UP CALL FROM MICKEY!

Foolish Mortal

When the shuttle bus passes that last strip mall and you know your going to be on Disney property when you cross over that intersection.

CM's who make you laugh and truly enjoy their jobs (thanks guy's)

Getting my zip a dee doo dah tip of the day

Hearing the Deemon of Screamin countdown at RNR

Background music/Mickey's speech when MK closes

Knowing my co-workers are back home working and i'm down playing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom