The lengths Disney will go to

scoobygang7144

i don't know anything about feng shui, so what does September 12 or just the number 12 have to do with feng shui. Once this park has more attractions and restaurants it is going to be an amazing place.

DragonJay

Not only is this attention to detail, but just good business sense in HK. An office building that the geomancers saw "wolves in the marble" was deemed cursed, and nobody moved in. The marble was stripped, and geomancers were brought in to clean the place of spirits. Afterwards, the building filled up in no time flat.

Ignoring Feng Shui in Hong Kong is asking for attendance lighter than the opening days at DLP.

FanofDinsey1981

"The main ballroom, where weddings are to be hosted, was designed to be 888 square meters -- another "wealthy" number. Neither of the two hotels has a fourth floor, because four sounds the same as the word for "death.""

I find the numbers thing pretty cool.

Connor002

I remember hearing about this when HKD was in planing stages, I'm not surprised, Feng Shui is very important to most Chinese, ignoring it would be to them if they left out french fries in WDW, it just isn't seem right:)

AliceFan

The number 12 I don't think has anything to do with it. But when I took a class session for the HCOE, they said that when they talked with the experts this was suppose to be the day when the earth was most in balance.

JEDIsney

Just another perfect example of how dedicated Diseny is, no matter where its location. I'm very impressed that they worked so hard, especially with something so important to the new park's native people.

Merlin

Account Suspended
djronnieb said:
what other company would go this far to make people happy!! :D

Not to seem like a cynic, but it sounds like this is pretty commonplace for businesses in Hong Kong to do this if they want to be successful. I don't really think this is an example of Disney being all that unique among companies. Even the second paragraph of the article mentions that it is good business sense:

It's a tricky business, but few dare to ignore it in Hong Kong. Many believe bad feng shui can cause financial ruin, and Disney wasn't about to risk it, Tom Morris, a chief designer at Hong Kong Disneyland, said.

CAPTAIN HOOK

If you make the effort then you will be rewarded - No its not an ancient Feng Shui teaching - its just called common sense. If would-be guests (who believe in FS) learn about Disney using FS to plan the park then they will go - they will have a good time, spend more money and return more often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom