Trip Report The Last Hurrah ***Completed***

Where: POP
When: Nov 11-16
Why:
  1. Star Wars
  2. to get one final use out of my AP
  3. to have one last hurrah before this arrested development period of my life may end.
Who:

During the trip planning process there was a lot of uncertainty of exactly who would be going.

Final trip manifest:
  1. BES
DH couldn’t go due to work. It’s a double bummer because he doesn’t love his job and he was really starting to warm up to the idea of WDW.

No stowaway youngling will be present on the trip either. This one is a bummer for real life but on the bright side I can ride all of the rides and drink all of the drinks on this trip.

My previous solo trip was more of a physical break from my crazy work hours. I think this trip will end up being being a mental and emotional break.

Will probably try to do this TR live. Obviously going to focus on being in the moment but you all are great company in lines and on busses etc.
Allons-y!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday am:

As mentioned in the Pre-TR I was worried about the weather for today. Initially it was supposed to be 1-2 inches. Then predictions increased to 4-5 inches at the airport with a good part of that falling during my drive and flight times.

Was able to say goodbye to DH and doggo before I left. I will miss them both dearly.

The drive the airport was not ideal but not terrible. I was driving before rush hour and everyone was going a reasonable speed.

E74A6E29-5119-444E-959B-CEDFCC205A23.jpeg

Check in at Spirit was the most chaotic that I’ve ever seen. Waited longer to check in a bag than I did for TSA.

I was commiserating with the barista at Starbucks about how tired we were and happened to get a free morning bun. 🥳

Walked around the airport and found this:
3608A890-F433-4C41-8B0E-30D7A3ECFE9D.jpeg

2A231276-4BDE-4836-A901-32DB1E138824.jpeg

More surprise DIA reproductions! A lot of cool ones. Here’s my favorite:

9D4CC928-1768-4049-9D53-1BBBE6AB222E.jpeg

Somehow managed to not look like I got minimal sleep:

33E38D14-A5FA-492B-A8A0-BB097676C02D.jpeg

Yuck:
99AF4000-698F-4494-8704-D213FA9B7D06.jpeg

Boarded on time. Leaving late though. Have to make a pit stop to de-ice the plane. 🥶 Time well spent.

0A2D000A-A6DE-4F6A-83C6-E66B0CB0FC17.jpeg

See you in the sunshine!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the live report! Keep it coming!

Thanks!

I thought I recognized that entry to the airport from the parking garage! You picked a great time to leave the area, we got that snow about an hour after you. Have a wonderful time, excited to hear about your adventures.

Good eye. That was cold walk from the car with no coat. 😂🥶

Thanks. Looking at the predicted high temps for home and Orlando makes me extra glad I randomly picked this week.

Happy to follow along, glad you at least boarded on time. Have fun!

But when did I leave?.... ooo foreshadowing. And thanks!

Have the best time!

For some reason I was thinking you were flying out of the Grand Rapids airport.... so I was not in waving distance this morning!

GR would be even more of a hike for me. I did wave in your general direction from DTW I think. Not a great sense of direction.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday morning continued:

So we boarded on time but didn’t leave for another 1.25 hr after the original departure time. 🤦🏻‍♀️

There were a couple of families with poor listening skills who wouldn’t sit. And then the de-icing. Then a lot of waiting for clearance to take off.

The flight attendant told everyone to pay extra attention to the safety speech because our take off would be a bit dangerous. 😱

This was not reassuring. Neither was the horrible noise the plane made during the ascent.

Just after takeoff:

8D9A86F0-A563-41A1-A614-1AB257D4804B.jpeg

Luckily the flight was fine. I read and napped. At one point I was awakened to a burning sensation. Sunshine!

Arrived only 50 mins late. Quick lunch at Chick-fil-A. Then down to DME.

Very few people in the bus lines. Got on mine immediately. Left only after about 10 minutes.

Next stop: Pop Century!

(Well AoA then POP, but next stop for me is POP)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Monday morning continued:

So we boarded on time but didn’t leave for another 1.25 hr after the original departure time. 🤦🏻‍♀️

There were a couple of families with poor listening skills who wouldn’t sit. And then the de-icing. Then a lot of waiting for clearance to take off.

The flight attendant told everyone to pay extra attention to the safety speech because our take off would be a bit dangerous. 😱

This was not reassuring. Neither was the horrible noise the plane made during the ascent.

Just after takeoff:

View attachment 424628

Luckily the flight was fine. I read and napped. At one point I was awakened to a burning sensation. Sunshine!

Arrived only 50 mins late. Quick lunch at Chick-fil-A. Then down to DME.

Very few people in the bus lines. Got on mine immediately. Left only after about 10 minutes.

Next stop: Pop Century!

(Well AoA then POP, but next stop for me is POP)
Yay, you're almost there!
Glad you did't get too delayed. Say "Hi!" to Pop for me, I had a good time there during my solo trip last Aug. 😀

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday afternoon:
My room wasn’t ready yet so I traded my leggings for shorts, stowed my bag with luggage service and hopped a bus to Magic Kingdom.

CA021598-8F11-495E-89D4-0906EA299B9D.jpeg

I’m not a Christmas-in-November person but perhaps all these decorations will change my mind.

61405611-94E0-4426-A2FA-7554A3292658.jpeg

I like the new rock colors.

19C60CD0-5162-45A8-8175-B17DF01F1FFE.jpeg

Right on time for my first FP for Space Mountain. The FP line was almost to Astro Orbiter.

Did CoP instead. Now in a slightly shorter Space Mountain line.

I thought pre party days were supposed to be slower. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Oh well.

I could be here instead:

7398D4B6-8E0A-48E2-82E3-386E6B21F2F4.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday afternoon continued:

Got Omega side of space. I haven’t gotten Alpha in a while. Still too chicken to leave my glasses on so it’s pretty much blurry lights coaster to me. Still love it.

Off to Fantasyland next. Almost got a Mickey Bar. Think I’ll save it for a hotter time.

Dumbo FP next. My fav Disney movie and also favorite Disney ride.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but my Dumbo was looking a bit sad:

D8B4ABCC-5CEF-4D83-B00E-A4C90D1BA798.jpeg

Wanted to walk thru the castle but it was closed for some sort of show.

I liked the back of the castle decorations though.

CEC51874-6773-456E-96C6-B2F79E3071FB.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday late afternoon:

As mentioned previously today is a MVMCP or whatever the acronym is so my MK time was limited.

Grabbed iced (not cold brew) coffee in Tomorrowland.

This makes 2 coffees in one day. I’ve really cut my caffeine intake these past few months so this was the first truly indulgent thing I did today. 😂

Peoplemover next.

Obligatory TRON construction picture:

5C7E9441-3304-4A96-815A-F6E54B0BA057.jpeg

Buzz was my final FP. I got the highest score in my car. 😏

F6EA9EDE-4335-4816-BA44-DE7AB11F7158.jpeg

Leaving MK the express monorail line was out to the park exit.

Luckily I knew to jump on the resort line. 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom