The King is dethroned - Long Live the Queen - Medieval Times Buena Park

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/...e-and-the-show-at-buena-parks-medieval-times/

>>
Historically accurate

The show, which Cordner estimated cost $1 million to put together, has been generally, but not universally, well received.

After hearing about the queen-centric story on Facebook, Autumn Garza, 42, of Lake Forest, said she appreciates the show’s inclusion of different perspectives. She plans to take her family.

“I think it’s fantastic,” she said. “This’ll make me want to support their business more.”

On the flip side, Facebook critics said elevating the queen was just an effort to be politically correct – comments Cordner said he’s also heard.

“I think there’s some guys who haven’t caught on to the new reality – kind of, ‘Oh, here too?,’ rolling their eyes,” he said.

Another online comment suggested a queen as medieval ruler isn’t realistic, but Marie Kelleher, who teaches medieval history at Cal State Long Beach, said plenty of women held powerful positions in the Middle Ages, which lasted from the late 400s to about 1500.<<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Well, with all the discounts and offers out there, not a bad price for dinner and a show....

But if it was run by Disney, how much more would they be charging?

DanielBB8

Queen Elizabeth II still retains the throne so that’s not the issue. The issue is this reeks of political correctness, not historical accuracy. If the public accepts it, then it’s not a problem. The problem is the original story works and it doesn’t need to be fixed. Besides, having a Queen is less inclusive because the King had to be removed. I’m less inclined to see it now although I already seen it at least 5 times.

Professortango1

Queen Elizabeth II still retains the throne so that’s not the issue. The issue is this reeks of political correctness, not historical accuracy. If the public accepts it, then it’s not a problem. The problem is the original story works and it doesn’t need to be fixed. Besides, having a Queen is less inclusive because the King had to be removed. I’m less inclined to see it now although I already seen it at least 5 times.

Less inclusive? The jousters are still all men. The show is still mostly men, they just took away one of the many male roles and rewrote it for a female lead. Sorry that having a Queen storyline vs a King storyline makes you less likely to see the show, but that's on you, not them.

DanielBB8

Less inclusive? The jousters are still all men. The show is still mostly men, they just took away one of the many male roles and rewrote it for a female lead. Sorry that having a Queen storyline vs a King storyline makes you less likely to see the show, but that's on you, not them.
More eye rolling. Next thing I expect is tea and biscuits.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I may not agree with you on a lot of topics, but this one I'm right there with you.

A slight change in the story doesn't make it any less appealing nor any less historically accurate. Has no one heard of Mary, Queen of Scots. How about Elizabeth I or Mary I of England. All are from the 1500s. Or if you want to go back farther how about Cleopatra from 69 BC. Go back even farther there were Female Pharaohs.

Last edited:

The_Mesh_Hatter

Cersei Lannister will not tolerate insubordination from the lonely triggered snowflakes that have an issue with this.

220px-Cersei_Lannister-Lena_Headey.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom