The Jedi Training Academy

smm914

Original Poster
During the Star Wars Weekends they have a the Jedi Training Academy. What exactly do you do here?

General Grizz

Jedi Training Academy - participants selected at random - learn to use the light saber: 9:30; 10:20; 11:40; 12:20; 1:50; 2:40; 3:30; 4:30; Kids can wear the brown Padawan robe. . . then test their skills against Darth Vader himself.

- from wdwig.com

smm914

Original Poster
How do you get chosen to do this? Do you have to be picked just to learn the lightsaber moves or do you get picked to battle with Darth Vader?

1disneydood

I can just picture Vader getting beaten all day by hundreds of kids with red and blue sticks. Wonder what ya have to do to be punished to that position..

tk421-sw

They make an annoucment and you can come sign up. IT might also be listed in the SWW handouts with show times and such. When are you going? I'll be there the first day and this sunday, I can find out for ya. They ask the child to be under ten I think.

MagicalMonorail

tk421-sw said:
They make an annoucment and you can come sign up. IT might also be listed in the SWW handouts with show times and such. When are you going? I'll be there the first day and this sunday, I can find out for ya. They ask the child to be under ten I think.

I'll be there next Sunday too. Are you and your g/f going to the mini-meet that day?

LoriMistress

General Grizz said:
Jedi Training Academy - participants selected at random - learn to use the light saber: 9:30; 10:20; 11:40; 12:20; 1:50; 2:40; 3:30; 4:30; Kids can wear the brown Padawan robe. . . then test their skills against Darth Vader himself.

- from wdwig.com
I don't care if it's for kids or not, my DH would do that in a heartbeat!

MissM

Photos

I saw it last year. It was all kids. It was cute though. They had a Jedi woman showing the kids how to use their lightsabers while dressed in the brown robes. Then they each got a turn to swing at Vader who graciously let them hit him basically each time. It was quite the cute thing. But it's firmly a kids-only type event. They do it up on a stage so parents can get the cameras and camcorders out.
-m

Edit: I knew I had taken a few pictures last year. Here are two:

http://phoenixfiredesigns.com/disney/kids-jedi1.jpg

http://phoenixfiredesigns.com/disney/kids-jedi2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom