The Indiana Jones Poll

KUNZEWORLD

I think as with many things at disney they really need to update some things. The indy show was cool when i saw it for the first time but i am ready for something new or at least some changes to the show

Lores

I agree with some of you guys up there. A clone is not the problem, a bad clone IS, or the clone of a TERRIBLE ride. In fact, I do agree with clones and here is the why. Most of you are americans, and have no problem travelling to either Florida or California. But people from outside the US, like me, must choose which of the two states to visit. Me and my family always choose Florida because there is a lot of more Disney, and also the other parks and shows of interest, like "Holy Land Experience", "Medieval Times", etc. I would like an Indy clone so I could experience the ride without going to California. I know that not every ride can be cloned, nor every theme park, but the greater rides can. The most loved rides are clones in one way or another (space mountain, splash mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, etc...)

dizneeboy

Lores said:
Most of you are americans, and have no problem travelling to either Florida or California. But people from outside the US, like me, must choose which of the two states to visit. Me and my family always choose Florida because there is a lot of more Disney, and also the other parks and shows of interest, like "Holy Land Experience", "Medieval Times", etc. I would like an Indy clone so I could experience the ride without going to California.
Just as you make the choice to travel to one of the two coasts so do americans, so I don't really see the huge difference. And, being an american who has had the priveledge of visiting disneyland paris, I can truly say that it would not have been as fun of a trip if all the rides were exact clones. Space mountain has the same name, but its completely different experience is are most of the rides.

mrtoad

I think the show can go and I really don't care if they do put in clones as WDW is the park I always go to. I personally think clones are fine but if I did have enought time and money to go to the other parks they I would not want clones (but I don't so clones are ok with me).

jrriddle

I don't think that there is the room at MGM, but I would like to see at least a part of the original Indy mini-land planned for DL.
The "Temple" ride is only the first part. After that the group chooses to go on a minecar roller coaster (probably like DLP's Indy coaster) or a Indy themed maze (for those who don't do coasters). After that the groups rejoin for an Indy boat cruise.
A bit of overkill if you ask me. But the Temple and the Coaster/Maze part would be great (no boats).
Again, I don't think they have the room even if they expand into the parkinglot.

Bairstow

As someone who has been to Walt Disney World many, many times, but never to Disneyland, or even been close to California, I would love to see the Indy ride come to MGM. I know we already have the Dinosaur ride in Florida, but that attraction is only about 30% finished on the inside, with LOTS of empty, pitch-black space. It's an awesome ride system, but I don't think anyone down here has seen it used to its potential.
A lot of people on this board have the luxury of visiting both parks, but most people never have that opportunity. For us, the "cloned rides" which y'all have a problem with is the only way we're going to be able to enjoy the best Disney theme parks have to offer.
Sure, it'd be nice to get an all-new Indiana Jones-themed attraction of quality as high as the original, but who's going to design it? Certainly not WDI, they've all been fired. Just build us a nice clone of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull next to Star Tours and everyone will be happy.

DonaldDuckette

I may sound biased, but I love Indy stunt show. On my honeymoon (12/01), we were picked to be in the show. The CM who was the "show coorindator" took my video camera and filmed us the whole time. Made for great memories! But yes, a few changes just to give those of us who have seen it a # of times would be good.

PhilosophyMagic

Indy might be one of the only not-yet-cloned-at WDW rides that deserves a clone there, I think. Anyway, they would be likely to add an updated version, which would be great.

Still, with Dinosaur as the biggest thrill in AK, I doubt we'll see a similar ride anywhere at WDW anytime soon, especially one that would overshadow Dinosaur by so much.

stingrock23

I don't mind the cloning as long as it's a great attraction. I think MGM would benefit greatly by adding Indy to the other side of the park. It would help with the traffic since everyone goes to ToT and RnR mostly.

trdisneyfan

The DL Indy is too old to clone. And (fortunately?) Dinosaur is already the same layout, which should prevent a dead-on clone from appearing in WDW. The DL version of the Indy dark ride is themed in an Asian Jungle motif to fit into the rest of Adventureland (it's tied in with Jungle Cruise). The theming at MGM could be much broader because it doesn't have to really fit in with anything else around it.

Personally, I would like to see an Indy ride in WDW that has a similar ride system to the original (maybe beefed up a bit w/ new technology) but with a different Indy theme, maybe more like the third act of the current stunt show - desert rather than Jungle theming.

One more thing that should be included in any new Indy dark ride is an expansive, well-themed queue. The one here in DL is amazingly long, intricate, and there are hidden secrets throughout. For example, at one point you can pull on a peice of bamboo holding up the ceiling, and the ceiling starts to collapse on you. The queue at the DL Indy is pretty much as interesting as the ride itself, and it wouldn't be the same experience without it.

Lores

dizneeboy said:
Just as you make the choice to travel to one of the two coasts so do americans, so I don't really see the huge difference. And, being an american who has had the priveledge of visiting disneyland paris, I can truly say that it would not have been as fun of a trip if all the rides were exact clones. Space mountain has the same name, but its completely different experience is are most of the rides.

The HUGE difference is you are INSIDE U.S... It's a lot less expensive, you don't need to have a VISA, etc, etc... Also, the plane tickets are very expensive. In short: travelling abroad is a VERY EXPENSIVE thing to do. For example, I would never go to Dinseyland Paris, why? Because if I'm expending a LOOOOT of money to go there, the last thing I'm gonna do being in Europe is visiting Disneyland...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom