The Imagineering Break Room

Suchomimus

mkbCWUZ.gif

IBDj84g.gif

mickeyfan5534

One half of me thinks that the movie will be trash. The other secret half of me wants to go see it out of pure optimism.

I'm conflicted. :confused::p
See it. Go into it thinking of it as not a remake/reboot but it's own film and you'll have some of the most joyous two hours spent in a theater. Also, Dan Stevens as the Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston, and Josh Gad as Lefou have to be some of the best casting I've seen since Auli'i Cravalho in Moana.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

See it. Go into it thinking of it as not a remake/reboot but it's own film and you'll have some of the most joyous two hours spent in a theater. Also, Dan Stevens as the Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston, and Josh Gad as Lefou have to be some of the best casting I've seen since Auli'i Cravalho in Moana.

I'll probably avoid it. The only films I really want to see this year are Justice Leauge, Star Wars, and GOTG 2.

I'm probably missing one or two though. :p

tcool123

So I just saw Beauty and the Beast for the third time. I really love this film. Maybe too much. It stands up to 1991 so well.
I have also seen it three times, twice on the opening weekend. I'm not a huge fan of it, and I found slightly above okay. My main reason is Emma Watson I do not like her in a Disney film, in which she is singing. I much preferred when she was off at Hogwarts learning magic. Another reason is the dialog because at some parts it comes off as odd to me. Specifically Le Fou's and Mrs.Pott's conversation. Change those two issues, and I think we would have a winner on our hands. The new songs were great, with my favorite being Days in the Sun (the only song where I'll tolerate Belle) and my favorite performance being Gaston/Be Our Guest. Some more notes Be Our Guest alone should be enough to pay for IMAX 3D because that is a spectacle of color, sound, and, imagery. The Mob Song for me sounds like it was copied and pasted from the original.

Days in the Sun, for those who have not heard it :

mickeyfan5534

I have also seen it three times, twice on the opening weekend. I'm not a huge fan of it, and I found slightly above okay. My main reason is Emma Watson I do not like her in a Disney film, in which she is singing. I much preferred when she was off at Hogwarts learning magic. Another reason is the dialog because at some parts it comes off as odd to me. Specifically Le Fou's and Mrs.Pott's conversation. Change those two issues, and I think we would have a winner on our hands. The new songs were great, with my favorite being Days in the Sun (the only song where I'll tolerate Belle) and my favorite performance being Gaston/Be Our Guest. Some more notes Be Our Guest alone should be enough to pay for IMAX 3D because that is a spectacle of color, sound, and, imagery. The Mob Song for me sounds like it was copied and pasted from the original.

Days in the Sun, for those who have not heard it :

Personally, my favorite is Evermore. And The Mob Song had one of my favorite additions,
"There's a beast running wild there's no question. But I fear the wrong monster's released."

Actually all of Lefou's lines were amazing. I loved that arc. Someone give Josh Gad an Oscar for that performance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom