full

If anyone is interested...

When You Wish Upon A Star -- Notes

1 9 7 6 3 4 11

1 13 11 10 9 10 16

18 16 15 13 12 11 10 8 15... 3 4

spacemt354

Chili's
Is there a Competition that starts later? Thanks for helping!
Here's the schedule! (Subject to change):)

The Imagineering Calendar

January 2017
- The Creator Games : Project Revival by @IDInstitute

February 2017
- The Imagineering Gauntlet: Dream Finder's Revenge by @DlpPhantom

March 2017
- Quest for the Hidden Temple by @Magic Feather
- The Imagineering Gauntlet: Dream Finder's Revenge by @DlpPhantom

April 2017

May 2017
- TBN Star Wars Competition by @FigmentPigments

June 2017
- Amazing Race Based Competition by @RMichael21

July 2017
- TBN Competition by @Magic Feather and @FigmentPigments

August 2017

September 2017
- A Twist in Time 2 by @tcool123

October 2017

November 2017

December 2017
- Year End Competition

spacemt354

Chili's
Mmhhhm... glad you loved it! Compared to the other Star Wars movies where in your opinion does it lie at?
Probably #3...behind A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. But I still need to see it again. I liked it better than Force Awakens for a recent example.

This was a deep cuts Star Wars movie. As a fan that's why I liked it so much, but I could see others getting a bit lost if you're a more nonchalant fan. The music isn't the John Williams epic score...it's more subdued and dark. But I can't stress enough how perfectly it ties in with the beginning of A New Hope:geek: It feels like you can pop in Episode IV and just keep going. Never has a film made another film that much better than Rogue One does for A New Hope.

There's also some prequels references! Le gasp! One in particular was my favorite even though it's more of an assumption than actual reference.
Pretty sure Darth Vader's first scene in the film is on Mustafar -- it's clearly a lava planet and it looks really similar. They use location titles in the film (which is new) to identify each planet...but that one was the only one they didn't identify...I think that was for the fans to say...hey he's on Mustafar!

I will say the one thing I didn't like was the title logo... @MonorailRed makes better logos than that:joyfull: I was like umm...okay? That was weird :bored:

But overall -- wonderful! Highly recommended!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Probably #3...behind A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. But I still need to see it again. I liked it better than Force Awakens for a recent example.

This was a deep cuts Star Wars movie. As a fan that's why I liked it so much, but I could see others getting a bit lost if you're a more nonchalant fan. The music isn't the John Williams epic score...it's more subdued and dark. But I can't stress enough how perfectly it ties in with the beginning of A New Hope:geek: It feels like you can pop in Episode IV and just keep going. Never has a film made another film that much better than Rogue One does for A New Hope.

There's also some prequels references! Le gasp! One in particular was my favorite even though it's more of an assumption than actual reference.
Pretty sure Darth Vader's first scene in the film is on Mustafar -- it's clearly a lava planet and it looks really similar. They use location titles in the film (which is new) to identify each planet...but that one was the only one they didn't identify...I think that was for the fans to say...hey he's on Mustafar!

I will say the one thing I didn't like was the title logo... @MonorailRed makes better logos than that:joyfull: I was like umm...okay? That was weird :bored:

But overall -- wonderful! Highly recommended!:D
As I keep thinking about it...I keep liking it more...

Disney posted the score online...while subdued at times (and not John Williams) I thought Michael Giacchino did a great job (and he only had 4 weeks to score it)

This is the score to the scene that is probably in the top 3 Star Wars moments of all time.

Final Trench Run in Death Star, I Am Your Father...and this.

Last edited:

tcool123

Rogue One was fantastic - it leads into A New Hope so well, and gives you a completely different perspective on it.
Saw yesterday after school, and I concur it was such a great film. And the audience was lively there were five moments people cheered which for me was a bit bizzare.
Okay sorta Easter Eggs, but still they were applauded.

The George Lucas logo
C3P0 and R2D2
Darth Vader's first appearance, and I really love how we revisited Mustafar. Is this the first time we see them revisiting a planet from the prequels?
Princess Leia, and at this point I lost it I was geeking out and cheering too
and of course the ending

:hilarious: One more thing.

So when they said Darth Vader was in this movie, I was expecting him to show up on the beach planet in the trailers and just mow people down.

He didn't do that, but I forgot...he hates sand:hilarious:
Same, but none the less it was fun seeing him kill rebel troops. I made a comment to my dad on how I was going to watch the sequel. He later asked when it came out, and I told him 1977. He rolled his eyes for some reason.

I loved Scarrif, and I wouldn't mind visiting there if it wasn't you know blown up to smithereens.

BTW what was your favorite new character that didn't die ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Saw yesterday after school, and I concur it was such a great film. And the audience was lively there were five moments people cheered which for me was a bit bizzare.
Okay sorta Easter Eggs, but still they were applauded.

The George Lucas logo
C3P0 and R2D2
Darth Vader's first appearance, and I really love how we revisited Mustafar. Is this the first time we see them revisiting a planet from the prequels?
Princess Leia, and at this point I lost it I was geeking out and cheering too
and of course the ending

Those were great. And yes this was the first prequels planet!:eek::D

I spotted some more - but they were lines of dialogue.

"I have a bad feeling about this"
The guy in Mos Eisley who said I'm wanted in 12 systems was on Jeddha and he said a similar line:p
"You may fire when ready" from Grand Moff Tarkin...so cool.
The fact that those were not AT-ATs -- they got destroyed too easily, and that's why they developed improved AT-ATs for the Hoth Battle with a shield -- two stormtroopers on Scarrif had a conversation about that briefly.
And Bail Organa mentioned the Clone Wars:eek:

I'm pretty sure Saw was in rebels or mentioned there.

Also Red Five went down in the space battle..hence why Luke Skywalker is Red Five in A New Hope...he's filling in for the down pilot. And the cockpit pilots were the same as A New Hope -- so cool! They were stock footage shots from 1977.

Same, but none the less it was fun seeing him kill rebel troops. I made a comment to my dad on how I was going to watch the sequel. He later asked when it came out, and I told him 1977. He rolled his eyes for some reason.

I loved Scarrif, and I wouldn't mind visiting there if it wasn't you know blown up to smithereens.

BTW what was your favorite new character that didn't die ;)

Lol the last 2 minutes was one of my favorite Star Wars moments ever. What a way to end it.

And yeah that planet was awesome...

Oh and favorite surviving character? it has to be....um....erm...oh...:oops::p

tcool123

Those were great. And yes this was the first prequels planet!:eek::D

I spotted some more - but they were lines of dialogue.

"I have a bad feeling about this"
The guy in Mos Eisley who said I'm wanted in 12 systems was on Jeddha and he said a similar line:p
"You may fire when ready" from Grand Moff Tarkin...so cool.
The fact that those were not AT-ATs -- they got destroyed too easily, and that's why they developed improved AT-ATs for the Hoth Battle with a shield -- two stormtroopers on Scarrif had a conversation about that briefly.
And Bail Organa mentioned the Clone Wars:eek:

I'm pretty sure Saw was in rebels or mentioned there.

Also Red Five went down in the space battle..hence why Luke Skywalker is Red Five in A New Hope...he's filling in for the down pilot. And the cockpit pilots were the same as A New Hope -- so cool! They were stock footage shots from 1977.
I have a bad feeling is like every Star Wars movie now :rolleyes::p
I wasn't sure if it was him or not, but thanks for clarification, looks like they got lucky they bought themselves a couple more days to live ;)
Honestly the CGI was good, but Tarkin looked like a video game character from like Skyrim or something. Kinda disturbing for me.
Oh was that what they were talking about :confused: I thought they mentioned that the Imperial droids were going to be decommissioned.
To be specific a Jedi named Obi Wan Kenobi ;)

Yes and no for Saw. He appeared before, but not in Rebels. He had a story arc in Star Wars : The Clone Wars. I believe it was season 4? They were an extremist group going against the CIS. He was a lot younger then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom