1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Imagineering Break Room

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by David2319, Nov 28, 2016.

1. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Granted my list may have a sentimental attachment because Chamber of Secrets was the first "big boy" novel I ever read on my own (I read Sorcerer's Stone with my mom) and then I saw the movie and it was how I pictured it in the book...so that may skew the list, but all of this is subjective anyway:p

David2319 and tcool123 like this.
  2. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

David2319, S.P.E.W and tcool123 like this.
  3. tcool123

tcool123 Well-Known Member

It was pretty boring, but not snooze worry like Deathly Hallow Part 1 and Azkaban

I agree the lack of quidditch is appalling, and a great spinoff film could be a mockumentry film in the style of those sports movies with quidditch instead of baseball. Think Angels in the Outfield, Million Dollar Ball, Queen of Katwe, etc.

I read them all in middle school, the first one out of boredom. The rest due to being hooked by it. I read Books 2 to 7 in one week of Spring Break.

Got Cursed Child on Thursday, got home at 9 PM, I finished the book before 1 AM. Can't wait to see that on the big screen, and maybe they take the Hobbit approach and stretch the book out into 4 - 6 movies.

David2319 and spacemt354 like this.
  4. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

Since you made your own "best" Wizarding World movie, I think I'll make mine then.

1. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
    2. The Order of The Phoenix
    3. Deathly Hallows Pt.1
    4. Deathly Hallows Pt.2
    5. Prisoner of Azkaban
    6. Chamber of Secrets
    7. Philosopher's Stone
    8. Goblet of Fire
    9. Half Blood Prince

Halfblood Prince's only saving grace would be any actor who is not teenage Tom Riddle or young Tom Riddle.
    Order of The Phoenix may be; like the Goblet of Fire; suffered extreme cutting room floor issues in term of story and character arc ; such as with Kreacher the house-elf; and some changes they made were mishandled compared to the book; like Gwarp and the centaurs; but it still has good teenage acting, a great villain, score, and still shows the British Wizarding World beginning to falling apart from the power of shear dread alone; and made Harry much calmer than in the book.
    Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them's true negatives are that the two separate storylines; the whimsical Fantastic Beast storyline and the dark Obsurcial storyline; are loosely relevant, the beasts and Newt themselves have continuity errors to the guide, and Johnny Depp Grindelwald looks nothing like Jamie Bower Grindelwald. Other than that, the movie is actually very good and in some cases better than the films that the FB quintilogy is based off and Cursed Child.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    spacemt354, tcool123 and David2319 like this.
  5. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

I didn't notice the blue jay, but your probably right.
    PhilharMagic was perfect! That made me very happy, I was worried after your reports of it not working. Do the spotlights usually work? I was very surprised about them. Vultures also worked, but I did not see the water fountain as I went through the fastpass line. It was probably off anyway because it was quite cold, especially on Saturday (In the 40's by sundown).

6. S.P.E.W

[​IMG]

7. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Well just left Disney World:cry:
    But!!! Off on a new adventure... SCHOOL:D...:bawling:

8. David2319

spacemt354, S.P.E.W and tcool123 like this.
  9. tcool123

I'm very Sirius :cool::joyfull:

[​IMG]

Great to hear about PhillarMagic. Could've been a break down that happened that day? I haven't seen the spotlights beforehand, but maybe they were there originally? I guess we need a volunteer to wait in the standby line to check on the fountain, as when I went it was rather hot.

I got a four day ticket for Christmas, and thus begins the inane planning of tcool. If it makes you feel better I'll be at the world during August :D.

Probably going to do full days at Studios, MK, and AK, with half day at Epcot to depart on time. I can show my full plans for that trip if you like.

:jawdrop: And you call yourself a Ravenclaw of The House Cup!

[​IMG]

:rolleyes::p:D

You should read them first, and then watch all 8 movies. And maybe Fantastic Beasts if you like.

10. tcool123

In other related news

[​IMG]

Winter has started down here :cold:
    Here's hoping this cold front leaves soon, as I literally can't with this coldness. It's also really windy, so that doesn't help.

11. S.P.E.W

I recommend getting the Jim Kay illustrated editions for the Philosopher's Stone (I don't care if the American version is called the Sorcerer's Stone) and Chamber of Secrets, though Prisoner of Azkaban is coming out this October.

spacemt354, David2319 and tcool123 like this.
  12. tcool123

That's also what I'm planning to do. I don't own any of the books, had to borrow a bunch from my cousin and the school library. Still worked out fine, but I do want to reread them. Saw them at Barnes and Noble when I bought Cursed Child, but decided to not get them. Saving it for next Christmas or birthday.

spacemt354, David2319 and S.P.E.W like this.
  13. S.P.E.W

[​IMG]
    Though do you actually mean that you think that Cursed Child; a play split in two parts and uses a time travel story dressed as a fantasy book storyline instead of a mystery novel dressed as a fantasy novel should come to the big screen and be stretched into 4-6 movies? It only worked for Deathly Hallows because the first and middle part of the novel was slowpaced with the camping trips.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  14. IDInstitute

IDInstitute Well-Known Member

@tcool123 it's in the mid 50s today in the middle of January and I'm freezing what's wrong with me:eek::cold::p

15. S.P.E.W

[​IMG]

spacemt354, IDInstitute and tcool123 like this.
  16. tcool123

You have become a full fledged Floridian!

[​IMG]

17. S.P.E.W

[​IMG]

18. Pionmycake

Pionmycake Well-Known Member

Alright, I saw the movies before reading the books. And my favorites are Azkaban, Goblet, and Order. I feel like Azkaban was the first movie to try to be more, but your mileage may vary as to how well I suceeded.

But I may be the odd man out here on movies, cuz I also thought Rogue One was just ok lol

spacemt354, David2319 and tcool123 like this.
  19. David2319

I'm a Gryffindor IRL:p

spacemt354, S.P.E.W and tcool123 like this.
  20. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's