The Imaginarium - Discussion Thread

PerGron

For anyone who doesn’t already know, voting for the 2021 Imagineering Forum Awards is active!

spacemt354

Chili's
20211203_093853.jpg

The hype is real!!!

TwilightZone

Just saw the Wimpy Kid reboot and the original side by side
the good:
  • The friendship dynamic between Greg and Rowley is way better
  • Rodrick giving out the story of the cheese touch makes more sense than Chirag doing it
  • The scenes with Manny are cute and he still has a bit of a mischievous rivalry with Greg
  • The animation looks wonderful in motion. Cool artstyle
  • Changing the reason for Greg's lie from messing with Kindergartners to being afraid that Rowley's dad wouldn't accept the apology was a super interesting change that I hope is expanded in one of the sequels
  • Closer to the book in certain aspects, both a blessing and a curse in a way
the bad:
  • Susan's (the mom character) audio quality is all over the place
  • The bullies motivations for chasing Greg and getting revenge make less sense. They are also characterized way worse.
  • Some scenes are sorely missing, such as wrestling and the play. Adding just one or two more book scenes could have really helped
  • Felt like the movie was rushed at certain points
the surprising:
A lot of easter eggs, scenes, and lines from the FOX original.

It's pretty good, but I prefer the original overall. I liked it, but it didn't really make me super excited for future entries or anything. Cute filler to watch if you're a Wimpy Kid fan and nothing more.

NateD1226

So how does everyone feel about this?

Personally, I think it looks meh. I have no problem with the change, but the costume design is just not that great. It is also very annoying that they are doing this refurbishment in bits and pieces. Just close the ride down, do everything, and then open it back up in 2023 with the rest of the revamped Toontown.

Chaos Cat

It is also very annoying that they are doing this refurbishment in bits and pieces. Just close the ride down, do everything, and then open it back up in 2023 with the rest of the revamped Toontown.
My guess is that, since the only other attraction in Toontown that's still open is Gadget's Go-Coaster, Disney wants to give guests some reason to go back there.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
It is also very annoying that they are doing this refurbishment in bits and pieces. Just close the ride down, do everything, and then open it back up in 2023 with the rest of the revamped Toontown.
What's interesting is that Disney themselves aren't posting about it on DPB or anywhere else. I think it was Scott Gustin (?) on Twitter who broke the Jessica news (complete with some press materials). I guess they're trying to be very lowkey about this refresh?

MickeyMouse10

So how does everyone feel about this?

Personally, I think it looks meh. I have no problem with the change, but the costume design is just not that great. It is also very annoying that they are doing this refurbishment in bits and pieces. Just close the ride down, do everything, and then open it back up in 2023 with the rest of the revamped Toontown.

I think it looks horrible and makes no sense whatsoever. Jessica Rabbit isn't a detective and has never worn this unrevealing, overly bright outfit. It's just not who Jessica Rabbit is as a character. She uses her body to get what she wants.

When is it going to end? Is Disney going to change all of their lesser characters just so they can check some boxes? "EVERYONE GUESS WHAT? Clarabelle is now a lesbian who needs to use a wheelchair."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom