• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Pre-Trip The "I'm Going to WDW Solo with my Toddler" Pre-Trip Report! :)

dryerlintfan

Advertisement
Y'all! MY SON IS 40 INCHES TALL!!! Test track and Big Thunder, here we come!!!
I remember that excitement well!! It's fun when more stuff becomes doable, especially when you're a single parent!

My 4.5 yo daughter is barely hitting 44" so we might try for FOP, which we have never been on. Not sure though, as she's just barely there.

dryerlintfan

It's getting closer to your trip, have you started showing your son ride videos? I find with my daughter that it makes a HUGE difference once we get to the actual ride if parts of it feel familiar.

Have you started making his costume yet? I saw sparkly blue felt at Joann's and thought of you!

cw1982

Original Poster
It's getting closer to your trip, have you started showing your son ride videos? I find with my daughter that it makes a HUGE difference once we get to the actual ride if parts of it feel familiar.

Have you started making his costume yet? I saw sparkly blue felt at Joann's and thought of you!
I've shown him a video of 7dmt, and we've been watching more Disney movies to make sure he knows the characters well. I have his yellow shirt and hat and blue shorts. I just need to find that felt and start working on it.

I'll go by Joann's soon!

dryerlintfan

I looked for the dress you found but couldn't find it, so I got A a Snow White dress instead and me a dwarf hat and a #Sleepy shirt instead. Less of a cop out than last year, so... progress :hilarious::hilarious:

I'm looking forward to seeing your costumes!!

Mainahman

Following along! I just got back and Hollywood studios was not bad at all. I got right on smugglers run. Might be worth watching wait times etc. I think alot are waiting for rise of the resistance in December. Sounds like a great trip you have planned!

cw1982

Original Poster
Following along! I just got back and Hollywood studios was not bad at all. I got right on smugglers run. Might be worth watching wait times etc. I think alot are waiting for rise of the resistance in December. Sounds like a great trip you have planned!
Oh good point! I'll definitely do that

Mainahman

Oh good point! I'll definitely do that
We were going to skip it too, but hopped over Monday night from EPCOT for like 3 hours and got toy story mania, alien swirling saucers , and smugglers run. Plus we ate at Woody's lunchbox, made a Droid and took a ton of photos. Was on the way back by 930. Spent about 3 hours all without a single fast pass. Would of gotten slinky too, but wife was beyond tired so I skipped and saved for next time. It was fairly slow, but October may be different..

dryerlintfan

I wanted to this and say we didn't really get to see the electric water pageant on the pirate cruise. We saw it from afar but they didn't wait around for it

I've been doing a live tr if you want to read it. Here alone my four year old.

Top Bottom