Pre-Trip The "I hope this trip happens but who knows because of coronavirus" trip

Where to begin?

You all know what's going on in the world. It's affecting all of us in many different ways. I spent the first week or so feeling not much more than despair and sadness, but I am trying to focus on and appreciate the positives. For example, my dear M is able to work from home and therefore doesn't have to get up as early and deal with her usual commute. We both have more time to cook (which we really enjoy doing!) and try new recipes. We live in a spacious apartment with a dishwasher and washer/dryer. We have everything we really *need* and much more.

And, part of staying positive is dreaming of Disney.

The original version of this trip takes place in June, so that's what I'll post about for now. Though I *think* the parks will be open by then, we may postpone to the fall, depending on how long the parks are closed and how many days get added to our APs. They are set to expire August 21, but with the currently announced closure we'll have about two weeks added, and there's no way the parks won't be closed longer.

I'll post more details in the following post(s). In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy!!!

99-998011_mickey-mouse-love-heart-www-imgkid-com-the.png

Disstevefan1

Time for plans!

Sunday, June 14
  • Morning train ride to Long Island
  • Early afternoon flight to MCO
  • Lyft to Swan
  • Walk to Epcot, dinner somewhere in Epcot

Monday, June 15
  • Early wakeup for Rise!
  • Walk to Hollywood Studios, hope for a good Boarding Group!
  • Flexible the rest of the day depending on how the morning goes

Tuesday, June 16
  • No definite plans during the day, probably some Epcot time
  • Dinner: Spirit of Aloha! We have never done any of the dinner shows at WDW and Hoop Dee Doo doesn't really appeal to us, so we are trying SoA!
  • Monorail to Epcot to perhaps catch the end of night EMH

Wednesday, June 17
  • Probably sleep in and go to Epcot
  • Lunch: Jiko Wine Tasting! Yes this isn't teeeeeeechincally lunch, but last time we did this there was a substantial amount of food involved
  • Evening EMH at MK

Thursday, June 18
  • No definite plans, except for checking out the Riviera Resort, and...
  • Dinner: Topolino's Terrace

Friday, June 19
There is literally nothing on my planning spreadsheet for this day, haha

Saturday, June 20
  • Probably Epcot
  • Dinner: hopefully, Disney will open up reservations for the Celebration at the Top event. We loved it in August and it would be a great last night dinner

Sunday, June 21
  • Sleep in and check out late (thanks, Marriott Gold Elite status!)
  • Lyft to MCO
  • Mid-afternoon flight to EWR on JETBLUE!
  • Lyft home

I really, really hope (you know what) is behind us and WDW is back to its magical self in time for your trip. I see the train to the island, are you flying out of Islip?

WDW_Emily

Oh I hope this trip works out for you! We moved our April trip to June 22nd-29th. We are hopeful because a lot can happen in two months but wish we knew for sure we would be able to go. Florida's peak is supposed to hit a couple of weeks after ours in Massachusetts (apparently ours is in 3 days but who really knows). I'm hoping after the peak it's a couple of weeks before starting "normal" life again. Fingers crossed for you!

bee

Original Poster
The closer we get, the more it seems this trip won't happen in June. Even if the parks do reopen June 1, who knows what crowds will be like? And what the parks will be like? Do we really want to be part of the initial experiment that is reopening the parks?

The good news: if the parks do stay closed until June 1, our passes won't expire until early November so we could potentially go in October for our sixth wedding anniversary. The funny thing is we thought our trips in fall 2019 would be our last fall trips for a long time.

But who knows, really??? In any case we are grateful to be safe and healthy and still employed. ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I moved our June flight to November but I haven’t canceled our wdw room for June yet. Our fast pass window starts on Wednesday and I’m planning on making some but it just feels like I’m planning a fantasy trip. I’m sad that the trip probably won’t happen but things could be so much worse, I realize that I am very fortunate right now for our jobs and health.

bee

Original Poster
I have nothing really to report, but I decided to check the Tables in Wonderland site to see if they will be extending TiW memberships for the length of the closure, and...they are! I was briefly concerned that we might go in October and NOT have TiW since ours expires in September, but there's nothing to worry about. :)

lindawdw

The only BAD thing is that with a lot of people not going to be able to go to the parks because they are closed, they will be even busier when it finally opens!
I think there are going to be a lot of guests who won't feel comfortable going to a theme park when they finally open until they have some type of vaccine or the COVID19 numbers are extremely low throughout the country.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think there are going to be a lot of guests who won't feel comfortable going to a theme park when they finally open until they have some type of vaccine or the COVID19 numbers are extremely low throughout the country.

Yah, I think there will be two distinct groups, and not many in the middle. One group of people will bolt to Disney on the day it opens, while the other group holds back -- even up to a year.

bee

Original Poster
May the 4th be with you all! I’m looking back on my SWGE photos from the passholder preview we attended and opening day. I think we’ll watch ANH tonight!

Things are not looking great for us going on this trip even if the parks do reopen in time. If we are able to make it work in October or November that’s fine, but if not we have accepted the possibility of getting partial refunds for our APs and waiting awhile to get back to Disney.

MegRuss626

May the 4th be with you all! I’m looking back on my SWGE photos from the passholder preview we attended and opening day. I think we’ll watch ANH tonight!

Things are not looking great for us going on this trip even if the parks do reopen in time. If we are able to make it work in October or November that’s fine, but if not we have accepted the possibility of getting partial refunds for our APs and waiting awhile to get back to Disney.

That‘s our stance too! We moved our April trip to end of June/beginning of July when all the closing first started. We’ve decided to cancel that option and just wait it out for a while. Even if the parks were open, they wouldn’t be fully “open“ and the Disney we know. Plus, just not feeling it worth it to risk it with our 2 year old daughter.

bee

Original Poster
Who else is getting more into food and drink related projects right now? M is our resident baker and she has made (among other things) focaccia, cookies, and cakes. We are going to try a new raspberry ricotta cake soon, too!

Last weekend we finally made homemade veggie broth. It’s something I have wanted to do but have been a little intimidated by and never found the time for, but I have no more excuses so we did it! We have made two soups using it so far and it is soooo much better than the prepackaged stuff!

We also made homemade allspice liqueur for the second time (inspired by the Tempting Tigress at Nomad Lounge) and made limoncello for the first time!

B6CABFC7-D5E9-4C75-A481-AC6CEDED23C9.jpeg
0C8A9C27-152E-42AF-8EDE-DD59E9CAD061.jpeg
13ABDC6C-392C-4DF9-AC77-18FA145C173C.jpeg
2EE91F83-4E38-4AB1-BC87-1DEAAAB1000B.jpeg
D3BE0159-2FA3-4A23-A249-184F146934D0.jpeg
DB2D4E4D-070B-4273-B7F1-1E161388E9F1.jpeg
981E1AF3-0266-461F-9B42-C253A296D7C0.jpeg
5CF1BD15-5EBD-4EC9-85BD-BC708BF8F4B4.jpeg
967C33F2-AECE-4493-993E-4EDE34CBCB3B.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I want to do a lot of baking but I have held myself in restraint. I don't need the sugar/carbs or calories. But I have been trying to do a new recipe a week. I think I might ramp up the new recipe game here next week. Oh I did find some chocolate cake I had frozen in our downstairs freezer and that satisfied my need for cake for a bit.

krisri18

Very impressive @bee ! Haven't had much time for baking between working and a teething toddler, although I do enjoy baking now and then. The upside to this whole situation is that since I'm working crazy shifts, P has been making dinner 5-6 days a week and my mom (who lives down the street) has been trying Great British Bake Off recipes and dropping off the ones I can have (gluten free)! Kudos to you and M for braving new recipes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom