The House of the Future - Week 10

AceAstro

The City in the Clouds.
One thing I would recommend changing is this. When you search "The City in the Clouds", some of the results show Machu Picchu. I know we talked about Machu Picchu as a land in the future. Even if we don't, we wouldn't want people to get a Tibetan and an Incan territory mixed up.

Outbound

Here is what I imagine each feature's placement in our land -- this can adjust as necessary. I've plotted five shopping locations, three dining locations, and five attractions.

ShambhalaMap4 .png

Is this job list correct?

@AceAstro - Drop Tower
@DashHaber - Peacemakers of Yun Cheng
@NigelChanning09
- Peacemakers of Yun Cheng
@Outbound - Shopping, Walkthrough, Map
@PerGron - Backstory, Animal Exhibits,
Dining

PerGron

Here is what I imagine each feature's placement in our land -- this can adjust as necessary. I've plotted five shopping locations, three dining locations, and five attractions.

View attachment 515195

Is this job list correct?

@AceAstro - Drop Tower
@DashHaber - Peacemakers of Yun Cheng
@NigelChanning09
- Peacemakers of Yun Cheng
@Outbound - Shopping, Walkthrough, Map
@PerGron - Backstory, Animal Exhibits,
Dining
If nobody wants the flat ride I can take it, but if someone wants it it's theirs. My current workplace had someone get Covid so we're all in quarantine for the time being so it'll be nice to have something to do.

(I was not at all in contact with this person, so I should be all good)

AceAstro

If nobody wants the flat ride I can take it, but if someone wants it it's theirs. My current workplace had someone get Covid so we're all in quarantine for the time being so it'll be nice to have something to do.

Are we having a flat ride? I know we talked about it but with an E-ticket, drop tower, interior walkthrough, and animal walking trails, I don't know if there is room for a flat ride/ needed.

Outbound

Yeah, I realized we'd collectively forgotten/abandoned the flat ride as I was plotting everything lol.

I think we should include it. It would give the land some kinetic energy and provide us one more attraction to draw guests in. Should be quick and to the point, no need for anything revolutionary.

PerGron

Summit Spirit Carousel
Disney’s Lost Kingdoms features a carousel at the summit of the mountain, set within a temple structure themed to the Buddhist temples found in the Himalayas. The carousel is housed in one of the structures with pillars that create gaps giving great views of the land from the attraction. The queue winds through another portion of the temple where guests can see artifacts of each of the species represented on the carousel and learn about their importance within the many cultures of the Himalayan region.

Unlike a traditional carousel that features mainly horses and other equines, this carousel features tons of important and sacred species that are present in the cultures, religions, and mythologies in the region, derived from different cultures in Tibet, Nepal, and China. The creatures featured are a mix of real animals and mythical creatures that guests can hop on for a carousel with gorgeous views. Each species has four representatives on the carousel, giving the carousel 80 carousel seats, as well as standing room.

Species featured are as follows

Snow Lion
Snow Lion.png

Dragon
Dragon.jpg

Wind Horse
Wind Horse.jpg

White Elephant
White Elephant.jpg

Golden Fish

Golden FIsh.jpg

Tiger
Tiger.jpg

Mongoose

Mongoose.jpg

Deer
Deer.jpg

Phoenix
Phoenix.jpg

Peacock
Peacock.jpg

Last edited:

DashHaber

Now, courtesy of @NigelChanning09 and I, is our E-ticket attraction: Peacemakers of Yùn Chèng

Peacemakers of Yùn Chèng

(3D flying simulator)
Within this temple high atop the mountains, you will have the chance to join in ancient traditions of inner peace. Climb onto your spirit guide and soar to the spirit world, as you search for the inner light to cast away the darkness.

Ride Exterior: Sitting atop the 4th level of Yùn Chèng is a large and imposing temple. Though grand in its seeming scale, there is a humbleness to the actual design work. No grand or ostentatious golden designs to it. Instead, the walls are painted in simple red and white, the roofs coming out to sharp points with yellow accents. Darkened windows dot the walls, suggesting that whoever was here has currently left it quiet. The overall effect feels imposing and commands attention, yet without demanding it. There is even a courtyard space out front of the temple with a few stone statues of creatures set up, giving guests something to admire when the queue extends into the courtyard on busy days.

Taktshang_edit.jpg

(Visual inspiration for exterior)

Queue: Guests will enter the temple through a wide front door. Entering in, they follow a set of hallways with plain wooden floors. Tapestries hang on the walls, depicting monks in a variety of tasks like tending to a garden and meditating. Eventually, the hallway path leads them into the Central Chamber. Inside, there is a grand statue of a man seated with legs crossed and hands raised, in the middle of meditation. There is a phrase engraved on the base of the statue: Nèibù hépíng (Peace from within). Keen guests may also notice a low chant in the air, as if they could hear the spiritual power in this place. Navigating along the pathways in the Central Chamber, guests will be guided towards one of the hallways for the Tapestry Chambers. They will also be divided into smaller groups along the way, as they head down the specific hallway and reach the Tapestry Chamber.

buddhist-temple-hallway-maggie-cabral.jpg

(Hallways)

1516351946954248.jpg

(Visual reference for statue)

(Low chanting)

Preshow: Entering the Tapestry Chamber, guests find a room with three tapestries hanging on the wall in front of them. One depicts a monk in a tai chi-like pose, one depicts an armored warrior with a spear locked in battle with a monk, and one depicts a stone dragon. Resting in front of the tapestry is a smaller version of the statue originally found in the Central Chamber. Guests will head towards one of many numbered spots in the room, standing in position until the room has been filled, as necessary. Once all are inside, the doors to the Tapestry Chamber close.

b84c15fb-a62b-4072-a44c-df393d62e05f.jpg

(Example of Tibetan tapestry)

A chime from some unknown source rings through the air, reverberating through the room with a feel of power. The eyes of the statue glow blue, and a voice follows, intoning with a sense of gravity, “Welcome, travelers. It is not many who find the way to Yùn Chèng. Perhaps it is Yùn Chèng that found you, drew you here. Who am I? Consider me a guardian of this temple, a watcher over an order known to humanity as the Peacemakers.”

taoist-monk-zhang-qingren-about-to-demonstrate-tai-chi-hou-shi-wu-BAY65K.jpg

(Peacemaker)

The first tapestry lights up, as the voice continues. “The Peacemakers pursue the art of peace, strengthening their inner spirits through meditation and training. Though they possess great power, they have sworn an oath only to use that strength to guard others.” The monk on the tapestry comes to life, moving through a series of tai chi-like stances before bringing his palms together, a golden aura shining around him. “For ages, they have emerged in times of darkness, when a pure soul would arrive for them like a flickering candle in the darkness. Thus, they are summoned to the living world to protect it from those who seek ill will. Those, like the Warmongers.”

47-Ronin-large-1024x585.jpg

(Warmonger)

The second tapestry lights up, as the armored warrior’s red eyes gleam with malice. As he starts battling the monk, the voice continues, “Souls corrupted by the need to conquer and consume, the Warmongers care little for others. Time and again, they have tried to conquer Yùn Chèng and its spiritual powers but have been turned back. However, their numbers are growing, and they return once more. A light is needed in the world, to shine and cast away their darkness.” The armored warrior and monk lock poses, a blinding light formed from their clash. The voice then remarks, “Perhaps that is why you are here. You may be the candle to help light the way and bring the Peacemakers back. However, there is something you must do to realize that potential: you must go on a spirit quest.”

The third tapestry lights up, as a figure approaches the stone dragon. The voice continues, “In our stone garden, you will find a statue of your spirit guide. Set aside your material possessions and straddle the statue that corresponds with your own number. Once you are seated with your hands on its rails and with restraints in place, you will have to stay on for your safety. The journey through the spirit world may be intense, but it can purify the spirit and awaken that sense of inner peace which the Peacemakers wish to share.” As the voice explains these rules, the figure sets down their items in a holding container and then safely straddles the stone dragon. It comes to life, letting out a roar before flying off with the figure.

“Now, then, you must go to the stone garden and take part in your spirit quest. If all goes well, you will find a great light shining within you, one that can help the world and this land.” With the voice’s final remarks, the room rumbles as the wall on the opposite side from where you entered glows with a blue light. The wall opens, allowing guests to leave the Tapestry Chamber and enter the Stone Garden (the loading area).

Loading Area: We enter the Stone Garden, the attraction’s loading platform, within a show building. The garden is full of exotic trees and flowers that are also bioluminescent. Cast members tell us to board the army of Stone Dragons facing the horizon where we’re in a forward facing motion and to grip the handle bars resembling the dragons ears. A small restraint rises from behind and rests on our lower back and legs. We’re told to put on some Spirit Glasses (3D glasses) to be able to see the spirit guides themselves.

e5524f82-2f18-409b-88c2-0f08f183344b-jpeg.515416

(Statue reference)

Ride Description: The lights dim and the attraction officially begins as our ride vehicles begin shaking and we grow more and more near to the horizon as all of a sudden, we take flight and soar over the beautiful landscape. First, we glide through waterfalls and fly above mountains. We soar over a large ocean as waves crash and dolphins swim parallel to our ride vehicles. We squeeze through caverns and above palaces. Eventually, we come across a large tree in the center of an island. We can visibly see that the tree is covered in a smokey, black substance, which seems to be killing the tree and thus the island itself.

9c1c49ca-e6b2-4b78-b6b3-a178a28ab299-jpeg.515418

The Spirit Guides fly full speed ahead towards a mountain. Atop the mountain is a small arch that we pass through. This arch acts as the entrance to the Spirit World where the Spirit Guides are visible to us. They roam and interact with one another as they frolic and play. Some Spirit Guides even take the form of other animals like Tigers and Elephants. The plans in the spirit world are bioluminescent and are more unique and supernatural in a way. We once again soar as we’re surrounded by a group of Dragon Spirit guides as we flip, turn, and spin through the magical spirit world.

28fd9a60-c0ba-4db7-80e6-ce40198503bc-jpeg.515419

We eventually settle upon a large mountain and see an elderly man who we know as the guardian of the temple. “Return to the physical world and go to Yùn Chèng” he says as his voice echoes. “You must defeat the Warmongers using not confrontation, but inner peace. I know you can do it” he says. With a flick of his wrist, we are sent to the physical world.

Our spirit guides take us back to Yùn Chèng as we see the Warmongers have arrived and the black substance covers the area as the Foot Soldiers of the Warmongers guard the area. The spirit guides fly us through the gates and through the alleys and streets of Yùn Chèng.

6faf79b7-751f-4b23-91e7-02a35d4205eb-jpeg.515420

(Warmongers)

We fly towards the gates of the main palace where the bridge has been blocked off by the Warmongers. The large army notices our presence and begins to summon the evil substance onto the bridge and in our direction. All of a sudden, a large beam of light appears from over the horizon and an army of hundreds of Spiritual Peacemakers fly towards us on their Spirit guides. The Warmongers retreat as we return peace to Yùn Chèng!

e4de0d28-5007-4797-9865-375eec862f2e-jpeg.515422

The Temple Guardian re-appears and thanks us for restoring peace. We fly out into the city as songs ring out and colorful fireworks explode! The Spirit Guides take us back to the temple where we find ourselves back in the Stone Garden. A Cast member thanks us for restoring peace and tells us to have a great rest of our day!

PerGron

Now, courtesy of @NigelChanning09 and I, is our E-ticket attraction: Peacemakers of Yùn Chèng

Peacemakers of Yùn Chèng

(3D flying simulator)
Within this temple high atop the mountains, you will have the chance to join in ancient traditions of inner peace. Climb onto your spirit guide and soar to the spirit world, as you search for the inner light to cast away the darkness.

Ride Exterior: Sitting atop the 4th level of Yùn Chèng is a large and imposing temple. Though grand in its seeming scale, there is a humbleness to the actual design work. No grand or ostentatious golden designs to it. Instead, the walls are painted in simple red and white, the roofs coming out to sharp points with yellow accents. Darkened windows dot the walls, suggesting that whoever was here has currently left it quiet. The overall effect feels imposing and commands attention, yet without demanding it. There is even a courtyard space out front of the temple with a few stone statues of creatures set up, giving guests something to admire when the queue extends into the courtyard on busy days.

Taktshang_edit.jpg

(Visual inspiration for exterior)

Queue: Guests will enter the temple through a wide front door. Entering in, they follow a set of hallways with plain wooden floors. Tapestries hang on the walls, depicting monks in a variety of tasks like tending to a garden and meditating. Eventually, the hallway path leads them into the Central Chamber. Inside, there is a grand statue of a man seated with legs crossed and hands raised, in the middle of meditation. There is a phrase engraved on the base of the statue: Nèibù hépíng (Peace from within). Keen guests may also notice a low chant in the air, as if they could hear the spiritual power in this place. Navigating along the pathways in the Central Chamber, guests will be guided towards one of the hallways for the Tapestry Chambers. They will also be divided into smaller groups along the way, as they head down the specific hallway and reach the Tapestry Chamber.

buddhist-temple-hallway-maggie-cabral.jpg

(Hallways)

1516351946954248.jpg

(Visual reference for statue)

(Low chanting)

Preshow: Entering the Tapestry Chamber, guests find a room with three tapestries hanging on the wall in front of them. One depicts a monk in a tai chi-like pose, one depicts an armored warrior with a spear locked in battle with a monk, and one depicts a stone dragon. Resting in front of the tapestry is a smaller version of the statue originally found in the Central Chamber. Guests will head towards one of many numbered spots in the room, standing in position until the room has been filled, as necessary. Once all are inside, the doors to the Tapestry Chamber close.

b84c15fb-a62b-4072-a44c-df393d62e05f.jpg

(Example of Tibetan tapestry)

A chime from some unknown source rings through the air, reverberating through the room with a feel of power. The eyes of the statue glow blue, and a voice follows, intoning with a sense of gravity, “Welcome, travelers. It is not many who find the way to Yùn Chèng. Perhaps it is Yùn Chèng that found you, drew you here. Who am I? Consider me a guardian of this temple, a watcher over an order known to humanity as the Peacemakers.”

taoist-monk-zhang-qingren-about-to-demonstrate-tai-chi-hou-shi-wu-BAY65K.jpg

(Peacemaker)

The first tapestry lights up, as the voice continues. “The Peacemakers pursue the art of peace, strengthening their inner spirits through meditation and training. Though they possess great power, they have sworn an oath only to use that strength to guard others.” The monk on the tapestry comes to life, moving through a series of tai chi-like stances before bringing his palms together, a golden aura shining around him. “For ages, they have emerged in times of darkness, when a pure soul would arrive for them like a flickering candle in the darkness. Thus, they are summoned to the living world to protect it from those who seek ill will. Those, like the Warmongers.”

47-Ronin-large-1024x585.jpg

(Warmonger)

The second tapestry lights up, as the armored warrior’s red eyes gleam with malice. As he starts battling the monk, the voice continues, “Souls corrupted by the need to conquer and consume, the Warmongers care little for others. Time and again, they have tried to conquer Yùn Chèng and its spiritual powers but have been turned back. However, their numbers are growing, and they return once more. A light is needed in the world, to shine and cast away their darkness.” The armored warrior and monk lock poses, a blinding light formed from their clash. The voice then remarks, “Perhaps that is why you are here. You may be the candle to help light the way and bring the Peacemakers back. However, there is something you must do to realize that potential: you must go on a spirit quest.”

The third tapestry lights up, as a figure approaches the stone dragon. The voice continues, “In our stone garden, you will find a statue of your spirit guide. Set aside your material possessions and straddle the statue that corresponds with your own number. Once you are seated with your hands on its rails and with restraints in place, you will have to stay on for your safety. The journey through the spirit world may be intense, but it can purify the spirit and awaken that sense of inner peace which the Peacemakers wish to share.” As the voice explains these rules, the figure sets down their items in a holding container and then safely straddles the stone dragon. It comes to life, letting out a roar before flying off with the figure.

“Now, then, you must go to the stone garden and take part in your spirit quest. If all goes well, you will find a great light shining within you, one that can help the world and this land.” With the voice’s final remarks, the room rumbles as the wall on the opposite side from where you entered glows with a blue light. The wall opens, allowing guests to leave the Tapestry Chamber and enter the Stone Garden (the loading area).

Loading Area: We enter the Stone Garden, the attraction’s loading platform, within a show building. The garden is full of exotic trees and flowers that are also bioluminescent. Cast members tell us to board the army of Stone Dragons facing the horizon where we’re in a forward facing motion and to grip the handle bars resembling the dragons ears. A small restraint rises from behind and rests on our lower back and legs. We’re told to put on some Spirit Glasses (3D glasses) to be able to see the spirit guides themselves.

e5524f82-2f18-409b-88c2-0f08f183344b-jpeg.515416

(Statue reference)

Ride Description: The lights dim and the attraction officially begins as our ride vehicles begin shaking and we grow more and more near to the horizon as all of a sudden, we take flight and soar over the beautiful landscape. First, we glide through waterfalls and fly above mountains. We soar over a large ocean as waves crash and dolphins swim parallel to our ride vehicles. We squeeze through caverns and above palaces. Eventually, we come across a large tree in the center of an island. We can visibly see that the tree is covered in a smokey, black substance, which seems to be killing the tree and thus the island itself.

9c1c49ca-e6b2-4b78-b6b3-a178a28ab299-jpeg.515418

The Spirit Guides fly full speed ahead towards a mountain. Atop the mountain is a small arch that we pass through. This arch acts as the entrance to the Spirit World where the Spirit Guides are visible to us. They roam and interact with one another as they frolic and play. Some Spirit Guides even take the form of other animals like Tigers and Elephants. The plans in the spirit world are bioluminescent and are more unique and supernatural in a way. We once again soar as we’re surrounded by a group of Dragon Spirit guides as we flip, turn, and spin through the magical spirit world.

28fd9a60-c0ba-4db7-80e6-ce40198503bc-jpeg.515419

We eventually settle upon a large mountain and see an elderly man who we know as the guardian of the temple. “Return to the physical world and go to Yùn Chèng” he says as his voice echoes. “You must defeat the Warmongers using not confrontation, but inner peace. I know you can do it” he says. With a flick of his wrist, we are sent to the physical world.

Our spirit guides take us back to Yùn Chèng as we see the Warmongers have arrived and the black substance covers the area as the Foot Soldiers of the Warmongers guard the area. The spirit guides fly us through the gates and through the alleys and streets of Yùn Chèng.

6faf79b7-751f-4b23-91e7-02a35d4205eb-jpeg.515420

(Warmongers)

We fly towards the gates of the main palace where the bridge has been blocked off by the Warmongers. The large army notices our presence and begins to summon the evil substance onto the bridge and in our direction. All of a sudden, a large beam of light appears from over the horizon and an army of hundreds of Spiritual Peacemakers fly towards us on their Spirit guides. The Warmongers retreat as we return peace to Yùn Chèng!

e4de0d28-5007-4797-9865-375eec862f2e-jpeg.515422

The Temple Guardian re-appears and thanks us for restoring peace. We fly out into the city as songs ring out and colorful fireworks explode! The Spirit Guides take us back to the temple where we find ourselves back in the Stone Garden. A Cast member thanks us for restoring peace and tells us to have a great rest of our day!

This is great!

AceAstro

Soar to the Clouds

Soar to the Clouds (SttC) is a drop tower attraction in the land that harnesses the power of mediation to life guests off the ground and into the clouds above. SttC will use a ride system similar to Tower of Terror (seats on a single side of the tower, accelerated drop). This allows guests views to be singled in on one thing.

Entrance:
1606331196242.png

Guests can find the entrance of SttC located in an old meditation cave like the one above. This wide and expansive cave network focused on large candle lights and sanded down soft walls to bring the feeling of peace and tranquillity into a dark and potentially scary place.

Guests approach the loading area where they have two options for seating. Much like the Tower of Terror, three rows of 7 seats with a split in the middle to walk through are available. The rows with 3 seats are the standard seats much like Tower of Terror. The rows of 4 seats, however, become rows of 3. The extra space for the 4th seat is used by these new rows to make wider, cushioned seats. These cushioned seats are optional and designed to allow guests to hone in on their meditation.

1606331699089.png

After all guests are loaded in, they are pushed backwards (and a wall lowered to not see the next guests loading in) for the first part of the ride.

The room is dark and suddenly, a monk appears in front of guests explaining the powers of meditation to find within. He instructs guests to focus on their breathing for now and with just a few deep breaths, the car lifts up to the next room (pulling forward too so that it's on the drop shaft).

Here, guests hear about the legend of the City in the Clouds and how even the monk himself has visited the City one before.

1606332093773.png

The beauty of the place from the waterfalls to the city tied into the rock and everything in between makes this land a dream to visit for anyone. And with just some simple meditation practices, the guests can visit it too.

To get guests more involved, the monk explains that the guests are close to perfecting their skills, the just need a little bit of a push - an audible one. The monk asks guests to "om" and with that, they shoot to the top.

The mountain opens up to reveal guests in fact made it to the City in the Clouds. But not only that, they can see through it to get a stunning look at the lake and the rest of the park below.

1606332410886.png

The guests stay here for a moment to take in all the beauty. The monk points out that meditation can be some work, but it can also be a lot of fun! "Drop them!" he yells and suddenly the car goes plummeting back down the mountain before launching up to the top once more for a picture. After the picture, the car goes back through a randomized drop sequence before heading back to the unloading area.

Guests exit into a gift shop where the pictures can be purchased as well as small tools to contrinue meditating at home such as yoga mats, incence, and more!

If nothing else, SttC brings a mix of calm and thrill all in one attraction!

Thoughts? I didn't have as much time this week as I would have liked.

If it is all good I can add it, and anything else to the website!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom