The Horror Of Awakening From A Disney Dream. Has This Ever Happened To You?

KCheatle

My DIsney World-related dreams are never quite right. WDW is always changed or has something wrong with it that I can't put my finger on in the dream, but once I wake up I realize how backwards or distorted it was. I don't have nightmares about WDW, but when I dream about it, t's not usually a pleasant experience...I'm always trying to navigate the park or climb off of a broken attraction that usually doesn't exist in the real world. I'd prefer just to go there in person ;)

This is how it is for me, too. I have Disney dreams all the time, but the problem with them is they are usually distorted. Like the Magic Kingdom is gloomy, or something is wrong and they end up being stressful dreams. I always wake up with this dichotomy of feelings - I wish I was there, but I'm glad I'm not in that dream anymore! And, then I can't shake the dream for awhile. It's weird- the Disney dreams sometimes ruin my perspective of Disney temporarily. I typically get them when I'm super involved in planning a trip and it just sort of puts a damper on it for me...

But, on a lighter note, I do know the feeling of waking up in Disney and not realizing at first you're in Disney and then getting this endorphin/adrenaline rush as soon as you put it all together in your head! It's the best feeling!! Shortly thereafter, the neurons trigger in my brain that my feet are killing me and my body is super exhausted...but luckily I have remembered the Costco-size bottle of ibuprofen and so I get excited once again!

real mad hatter

Hmmm! Disney dreams. Strange but true,I've never had a Disney dream about the usual things like meeting characters and about rides,My favourite one is when I am alone in MK just sitting in front of Cindys castle enjoying a dog,fries,& coke.Until a CM arrives and tells me it's time to go home.I stand up and walk down main street but look behind me and all the gang are following me.Mickey,Minnie,Goofy,Pluto,etc.We all get on my resort bus and head home.When I wake in the morning I tell my DW my dream,she just shakes her head.Then when we get back to our room in the afternoon.Guess what's lying on my pillow?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
One of the most maddening experiences I had with Disney and falling asleep was actually in WDW. I was watching the Hall of Presidents again in the middle of the night on One More Disney Day. I always look forward to the Presidents standing up from the chairs and that hand motion Obamatronic does when he says "the unimagined discoveries". Yet, I kept dosing off during each of those instances. I was so annoyed for sleeping through the best parts!

Giggle. My son also found himself napp'n in the Hall of Presidents during Leap night and said he was confused when he woke up as he had worked earlier in the day, a tad surreal, left at 6am, breakfast at Perkins and then back to WDW by 8am for his CM shift. Seems leap night mess'd with many sleep patterns.

And I'll I got from Leap was a sweatshirt in the mail.

wonderbooty911

I have a disney dream at least once a week, and it usually involves not getting to do what i want to do, or being there for too short a period. Last night i dreamt that i went with my niece and brother to disney, but we went to coranado springs and there was a water park...but i kept going to different hotels and using their waterparks.....and in the end, we walked inside magic kingdom for maybe five minutes and then left. Disapointing.

Bob Saget

Original Poster
My DIsney World-related dreams are never quite right. WDW is always changed or has something wrong with it that I can't put my finger on in the dream, but once I wake up I realize how backwards or distorted it was.
Mine are like this as well^

I've only had two that clearly come to mind. In one, we had just gotten to Epcot and I was taking the family through Innoventions. Though it didn't seem quite like Innoventions, but rather some gigantic superstore or expo center warehouse. Yet we were at Disney in the dream, so it was all good regardless. (Until the alarm woke me up before we could hit any of the attractions). :(

My only other Disney dream I can think of was just me riding Jungle Cruise. There were Xmas lights inside the temple you ride through. The detail (minus the lights) was fairly close to the actual ride itself. Then we turn a corner and....alarm clock..time to get up! :mad:

Bob Saget

Original Poster
But, on a lighter note, I do know the feeling of waking up in Disney and not realizing at first you're in Disney and then getting this endorphin/adrenaline rush as soon as you put it all together in your head! It's the best feeling!!
^These truely are the best feelings ever. I have had quite a few of these. It takes a couple seconds (especially the very first morning you wake up on your trip) and then your brain kicks you into remembering...we're at Disney!!
I always think of those moments when I see that scene in Toy Story where Sid wakes up the morning he's supposed to launch Buzz. He sits up in bed, stares off in a tired stupor, then it occurs to him...."Oh yeah!!"

I dare you to top that rush, Red Bull!

acishere

This is how it is for me, too. I have Disney dreams all the time, but the problem with them is they are usually distorted. Like the Magic Kingdom is gloomy, or something is wrong and they end up being stressful dreams. I always wake up with this dichotomy of feelings - I wish I was there, but I'm glad I'm not in that dream anymore! And, then I can't shake the dream for awhile. It's weird- the Disney dreams sometimes ruin my perspective of Disney temporarily. I typically get them when I'm super involved in planning a trip and it just sort of puts a damper on it for me...

But, on a lighter note, I do know the feeling of waking up in Disney and not realizing at first you're in Disney and then getting this endorphin/adrenaline rush as soon as you put it all together in your head! It's the best feeling!! Shortly thereafter, the neurons trigger in my brain that my feet are killing me and my body is super exhausted...but luckily I have remembered the Costco-size bottle of ibuprofen and so I get excited once again!

There is always something wrong or weird in my dreams about places, but I'm still mad that I am awoken because I never get to see the resolution. Did the pirates finish eating the tourists or not?! Or even worse did I ever catch that bus and escape the All Star resort that was somehow distorted into a maze that belonged in Inception with flashes of The Shining? Only Disney related dream I do not want to know the resolution for is the recurring one where someone in a Tigger suit is chasing me through a marina with the intent to kill me. I can never remember how it ends, but I know it was bad.

Its also why I don't take Ambien. My dreams are weird enough without it.

The waking up and not realizing you are in Disney though is much better. Whenever I go away somewhere for the first night or two I have that happen. Its never when the alarm clock starts blaring. Its when I wake up on my own about 30 minutes before my alarm is set. I open my eyes and usually the light from the sunrise is slightly coming in between the drawn curtains and nothing is familiar. Then it all comes back to me and I fall back asleep much happier for it.

Mickey87

"Yes, I'll take 5 of those cupcakes, 3 of those jelly looking things, 4 mickey ice cream, 5 bags of cotton candy. Is that peanut butter?! I'll take all of those and..."

*wakes up in a puddle of drool*

Awe...

Uncle Lupe

With picture aids:

My last Disney dream I find myself in Fantasyland. But it is more like Fantasyland in a small wooded ravine. It's during autumn in a deciduous forest due to the leaf litter on the ground and some small fires that had been built. Open fires, dry leaves and children are a great combination.
Fig21-youngravine-HollidayPark.jpg
close representation

As I walk toward the castle walls I see Tinkerbell character but she is under 4 feet tall and had a very pronounced elfish face, like Zelda. So I want a picture and with her being so small she decides to jump on my back and I am left holding her legs. (I like Tinkerbell) So I am standing there with Tinkerbell's thighs in my hands and waiting for Katie to take my picture but strangers keep crowding her out to take pictures of us. So she waits her turn and is pushed out of the way again. I keep yelling to her to take our picture. While I am trying to readjust my hands to hold Tinkerbell better my focus is shifted behind Katie where all of a sudden her brother appears.

Tinkerbell~requested__600_450_q50.jpg
close as I can find however she had more bulging eyes

He is in his early twenty's and is running and dancing around the fire. (Old enough to know better) While dancing he falls into the fire and is set ablaze. Katie is upset to see her brother on fire but I react by saying (sigh) "Andy has set himself on fire, again." He does the right thing and drops and rolls around and with some helpful stomping we put him out. After that I wake to find myself again in my bed.

This dream happened one night after reading some chapters from the first book of the Kingdom Keepers series before bed. Weird stuff going on in my head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom