The Highest of Highs! - What is the pinnacle attraction of Imagineering at WDW past and present?

Assuming best condition/upkeep, what is the pinnacle attraction of Imagineering at WDW? Pick 3!

• Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

• The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

• Splash Mountain

• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

• Dinosaur

• Horizons

• The Great Movie Ride

• Journey into Imagination (original)

• Something else not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.

thomas998

The OP is showing their age. The list leaves off one of the all time best, 20,000 leagues under the sea submarine ride. Certainly as a kid when I rode it the ride was amazing... you actually thought you were going under water. Maybe that memory is tempered by the eyes of a kids... but it sure seemed real to me back then.

Robbiem

too many choices!

On the list above I’d pick splash because its a great hybrid of a fantasyland style dark ride plussed to pirate or haunted mansion style animatronic scope with the added thrill of the flume but I’m not sure if the design was as technically groundbreaking as something like pirates, inner space, rise or the tower of terror (which I also love) or even the original imagination which had the turntable and one of the first digital camera photos

If it was a total imagineering choice I would say Pooh’s Hunny Hunt in tokyo with the indiana jones adventure as classic designs which have never been bettered in their fields IMO

Brer Oswald

Splash was the Disney ride to top all Disney rides. It had it all. Thrills, chills, relaxation, animatronics, set design, colour, classic Disney music, great storytelling (a rarity in theme park attractions), memorable vignettes, etc.

The fact that so much of it came together by “happenstance” is probably part of the reason it turned out so great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom