The Haunted Park (horror theme park concept)

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
Hi All! Just wanted to see what people thought of my original concept for a horror-themed theme park. Thanks for all of your feedback!
ZutFdKvjcWkQNRT6R8N4KrSExOX5k0UB6LtaU6vB6pbmR3VwLrv7WSkTVGXZGMveDxvSavS-wCJ6vPhg0yE0YW3OIJExFERMeC1QE6_vWvl6pS5HfHPCtVSi7IXAzecOIkGk3TM6w_2JkvxcYEKlySOQkw=s2048

Stephentown--Stephen King/Spielberg/80s themed horror area
6YeVPW8SL8wjhySkGHs7jQsw6DKHaI5Q0ySlTHUHkDsSN86iaxti0B9we2eDXYWr6YnXYLccRQDfAes3QJbLDY39wUvY8bCVAw8tg4KaqaOq8QC86P_RF3G-fuDOx7qRVJiXrZe6vbXG7hqdGhLF4jJICg=s2048
LusgUIyGxY79JgIUd4VOd4xWP13PIv9_G5NOnrklvgqXq690gQscNqzgNgx1KchkEACQbDtnawZ5DIMO7lOaWGeJqjYJjqv_YtkuD3CGxGM_W9FIarjd8lScjIBM_X6Ec9bvZc5kABNYE4SMSSzsn0DNvA=s2048
FxQ9X-SGkUaM0FDxu2FIG-C-8SFNqSjr4X1EyhzWKCoQXhoTqTuJg_GRBW8MwKyQQ6QV1PJLTxz0r0koOU9t5HfODiaMXmkmLElXlbmmhO0phUXfH0B5NZ7EdWr3X6trsTqFpN2-x8lj3dcBmCwBJbUmPQ=s2048
SGs4nozjqlOTZax_FXLwNYCjX0dpW_p_U4gkPLIYo3dkpBGnaGTh4aM3tuwqxJzqZUg0Y-ScgRfBnEYgcBNhR20FMktgDyofiFFBvHBjKhuv16ZuELbkJ4A2KvvDl__fFlhkM0DkbE0GBNTFU0shXBddCw=s2048

Old Europe
ZOdAnirbz6A4Yt4LWuwxPykDnhs5-upBnyd70TTsenGjoPKMFEORQKFZ9chkmQ5UljnU4hzrqGpdGikF4rqI8Y1dZgdMgMvbIYiel1_IDToe5OC0FBokcgdgrPw51rUGWhBPNPgUMebB-k7_PEnZtKUUzg=s2048
GGhjgsJ6F6A_4eubiqsmjcVyUzf47AsM4yYHLptFb6EDuy9cNQ0doNAHWbY4DGGwxXPR0nanGNboOGEQFpzZePgsrgMVLJrNA4dpDRA23uOF3jWfAGi_Ge0mt8rE6NoX4y8pS5DoBtZ0M7S3sUoz3iIYgg=s2048

El Lugar De Los Muertos (The Place of the Dead)
xLVLXwt-7vKQ-MAj8BhsoDQQS4_gz0pryreHT7Ttyi1VhGtczXAp3NzIOtkAcCAszcqoSbdVpWVr3Fzu0bLBhPijES6a7xEGE9YT2zbJ6qBJSxdhyKu97adjOF41zfzsIq-4c7OLgjXhMHt8hOX24eOwIg=s2048
cpKbbymwowUErW70Nclk61r5vhpMp711XmszjeBXWn8rMiSeyqnZ1OTZi5RFCIxT61eXQCcxAJVMgbRxJRbpblhPsBEIxiUMFHLw2XZu0XKPlRYLmrhtWHcI-xwXAWlNsfzidsq-hWb1IrpOT0Lpt0GWUQ=s2048

Old Japan (area is haunted by ghosts of samurai)
IGS3HtKaA1D5geW2e65g0pZ_kmMQef5CTC-bA4kNWmM_Djs0RSNrUjaJKJJ-NspC7yv_haa4H31TSBoGJawTGnJ-onKYlZ3hnGq_ehcFiXJ5bTsvBNJyBiEtJ1yuI6KJeqvVeKxd_09MfTMV1hWHziNtKw=s2048
W3rvqFhOIe1g7rBLa351j-dM_UvEJAm4i7FrNsHox5faUiXR4mZXw5PyX91fk3GNwQNWNw7OCBvOJegO2hKW64W2UQ6pXSd0dy0DT4Qr8NYVJo43e7Der8mgTcxPcNp7XS9sMA2aiPYhDGmTqyukk6pXrg=s2048

Sunset Boulevard
ruDTrGqQO6TLQst7Di6sWqnPt33dZrQ2ZySPVXRiDlw9kHqGoLKOrtwc8LFygOgey8CS958iQsGaPasn01s5t8BvkEMk_CWSHT2s4qmNZaM9pe-eXBJqsUtnKL1L5yoEXUSBbxTQOG3IPgwg2qu3IEUXYg=s2048
uq5T8u9LcIgJnOKUUVEQ_SZsA02b4SN497XYSjrRTJ9AgdOMg_J0My0QAoOFll-LbDdVxD43MxKGrSCaJBZHmcvOxSOlXScUlGbt03Q8PNZZFU8bFu30yhsLkXI9LdhT3AKVE1W5V-SkMuLjQUg5LWctvw=s2048

Attraction List:
Stephentown: 1980s Cosmosquare Mall (dark ride, Soviets invade mall), High School From Hell (evil wizard turns students into zombies, dark ride), Haunted Lake (scarezone), 1980s Arcade, Blockbuster, Laboratory dark ride (experiment gone wrong)

Old Europe: Dr. Frankenstein’s Monster: Unleashed (haunted house), Dracula: Out For Blood (rollercoaster)

Sunset Blvd.: Heavy Metal (rollercoaster set to heavy metal through alternate dimension), Hotel California (dark ride), The Great Scary Movie House (haunted house)

Old Nippon: The Last Samurai (dark ride, ghost defends town), Miniature Train Garden, Japanese Pond

El Lugar de Los Muertos: Tren Para El Lugar de Los Muertos (darkride)

MickeyMouse10

p3JyYQ.jpg

horror-corps-demo.png

I once made a land for my version of Epic Universe with 80's slasher movies.

7510131c86530ae934dcc6b65115e111.jpg

Friday the 13th : Camp Blood
----- (boat ride, similar to Frozen Ever After)
----- (The attraction would be a fast paced version of the Epcot ride. You board your own canoe that says Camp Crystal Lake on the side and venture down the river. What unfolds next may not be suitable for all audiences. Because you are next shown the iconic deaths from the film franchise.)

maxresdefault.jpg

Nightmare on Elm Street : Freddy’s Dream World
----- (drop tower, similar to tower of terror)
----- (The attraction part, would be similar to “Tower” and a little like “Journey into Imagination”. You have fallen asleep and have entered the dream world of Freddy Krueger. then much like “Camp Blood”, you see the many deaths from the film series.)

start-halloween-elvira-scary-special.jpg

Elvira’s Mega Monster Movie Ride
----- (omni mover, similar to the great movie ride)
----- (Venture through some of the Greatest Horror movies of all time. From the corny Drive-In Creature Features to the more serious Edge of your Seat thrillers. With our favorite Mistress of the Dark as our onboard narrator. Psycho, Jaws, Halloween, The Shining, The Exorcist, IT, An American Werewolf, Poltergeist, The Thing, Hellraiser, Child’s Play, Silence of the Lambs, Saw, Scream, Gremlins, Critters, Pumpkin Head, The Fly.)

Restaurants

Lakeside Inn, The Mess Hall, Campfire Treats and Springwood Diner

Last edited:

cdunlap

I have this idea for a folk horror walkthrough attraction based on Korean mythology’s ghosts, deities, goblins, and spirits themed to an abandoned Joseon Dynasty palace. Guests will encounter evil Gumiho, or 9 tailed Fox Spirits comparable to the Kitsune of Japanese mythology, different types of evil Gwisin, Ghosts which curse people, Dokkaebi, Big, Muscular Goblins, and even Cheuksin, the child hating goddess of the outhouse with living hair who likes just punishment and will help you out if you're polite (Really exists). Guests will be guided by a mudang, a Korean Shaman, wielding talismans called bujeok, which are tiny slips of yellow paper with red ink writing on them. I don't see where this could go in the park unless we make Japan into East Asia, which could be interesting!

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
I have this idea for a folk horror walkthrough attraction based on Korean mythology’s ghosts, deities, goblins, and spirits themed to an abandoned Joseon Dynasty palace. Guests will encounter evil Gumiho, or 9 tailed Fox Spirits comparable to the Kitsune of Japanese mythology, different types of evil Gwisin, Ghosts which curse people, Dokkaebi, Big, Muscular Goblins, and even Cheuksin, the child hating goddess of the outhouse with living hair who likes just punishment and will help you out if you're polite (Really exists). Guests will be guided by a mudang, a Korean Shaman, wielding talismans called bujeok, which are tiny slips of yellow paper with red ink writing on them. I don't see where this could go in the park unless we make Japan into East Asia, which could be interesting!
Sounds great! As a person of Asian descent, I’m totally ok with representing entire regions, just not cramming all of Asia into one area.

cdunlap

just not cramming all of Asia into one area.
Same here, but with ALL Non-European cultures. I love celebrating the diversity of cultures, especially Asian, African, Latin American, Polynesian, and North/South American. That is why I will usually make one area per region or country with some examples being my countless World Showcases and World Showcase inspired parks! If you want to know why I chose Korean folklore for the source material, it’s because Korean folklore is rather underrepresented in the media, often being overshadowed by Chinese and Japanese folklore. You often see Yōkai, Japanese ghosts, Chinese demons, and Chinese Dragons in the media more than you see a Gumiho, Gwisin, Dokkaebi, or even the goddess Cheuksin. Why is it this way? I do not know, but I have my theories. Namely, China and Japan are more ubiquitous in the western knowledge of Asia than the Koreas and this is often reflected in their popular culture. I’m writing this as a person of Italian descent who has just gotten into Korean mythology.

cdunlap

I'm thinking of calling the Korean Folk Horror attraction Yeogogoedam, or ”Whispering Corridors” in English, after a 1998 Korean horror film because the name Whispering Corridors sounds very ominous and mysterious. The facade is a replica of Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul, but with darker paint and a much taller appearance to make it fit in with the stereotype that tall+dark=menacing. Will work on the individual rooms next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom