The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

jmuboy

To avoid future issues and any political implications I think Disney needs to just update the HoP show after a president leaves office going forward. And possibly have Washington, Jefferson or Lincoln take on the speaking role with the next update that comes after Trump. I really enjoy this show and the American Adventure. Both are timely old-style Disney Americana. The HoP does a great job in how it covers the same history of our county as the AA does but does it differently - presenting history from a presidential perspective. No matter your politics both shows should be on a short list of “Must See” attractions on your WDW visiT.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Any word if our new President with be included or are they are opening this up for capacity reasons sans our President?

Cliff

Generally speaking,...(and I really mean this). I think it goes without saying that this could be a highly controversial attraction. We all know this and it's no secret. Politics aside, I wonder what Disney's plans are in dealing with overly "passionate" guests on either side. I think this attraction is a celebration of the history of America and the institution of the Executive branch. Again,...politics aside, I hope guests will see it in a "neutral" way. The Hall of Presidents has never been about promoting one side or the other. I suspect that Disney is also going to be watching guest reaction very, VERY closely in the next few months too. I mean watching like a hawk. I would guess that they have installed extra cameras around the inside of the theater to keep a close eye on the audience. Wow,....this is fascinating from a "guest management" perspective. This is going to challenge Disney cast members and security.

Last edited:

Kman101

So do we have any details on what all is changing/has changed? Besides adding the new president, anything else expected to change?

lostpro9het

Any word if our new President with be included or are they are opening this up for capacity reasons sans our President?
From the article:
The Vice report is inaccurate. As we have stated, President Trump will have a speaking role in the Hall of Presidents like every other president since 1993. We have been working closely with the White House and the president's recording session has been scheduled. We have repeatedly stated that the attraction will re-open in late 2017”

wdwgreek

From the article:
The Vice report is inaccurate. As we have stated, President Trump will have a speaking role in the Hall of Presidents like every other president since 1993. We have been working closely with the White House and the president's recording session has been scheduled. We have repeatedly stated that the attraction will re-open in late 2017”
So it hasn't been recorded yet? Interesting.

Rinx

Generally speaking,...(and I really mean this). I think it goes without saying that this could be a highly controversial attraction. We all know this and it's no secret. Politics aside, I wonder what Disney's plans are in dealing with overly "passionate" guests on either side. I think this attraction is a celebration of the history of America and institution of the Executive branch. Again,...politics aside, I hope guests will see it in a "neutral" way. The Hall of Presidents has never been about promoting one side or the other. I suspect that Disney is also going to be watching guest reaction very, VERY closely in the next few months too. I mean watching liek a hawk. I would guess that they have installed extra cameras around the inside of the theater to keep a close eye on the audience. Wow,....this is fascinating from a "guest management" perspective. This is going to challenge Disney cast members and security.

I do not think there is anything to worry about or any reason to monitor the guests. People visiting WDW are 100% on their best and utmost respectful behavior all the time.

If only.............

ToTBellHop

From the article:
Finally pinned him down to record? Happy for those who would like to visit. And happy the HoP lives on.

Weather_Lady

Generally speaking, I think it goes without saying that this could be a highly controversial attraction. We all know this and it's no secret. Politics aside, I wonder what Disney's plans are in dealing with "passionate" guests on either side. I think this attraction is a celebration of the history of America and institution of Executive branch. Again,...politics aside, I hope guests will see it in a "neutral" way. I suspect that Disney is also going to be watching guest reaction very, VERY closely in the next few months too. I would guess that they have installed extra cameras around the inside of the theater to keep a close eye on the audience. Wow,....this is fascinating from a guest management perspective. This is going to challenge Disney cast members and security.

I agree, and I wonder, too what Disney will do to protect the dignity of the attraction. Candidly, I don't know what I'd do if I was in their shoes -- perhaps additional cameras as you suggest, some kind of transparent barrier between guests and the animatronics (in addition to heckling, I can see guests throwing drinks/projectiles), a bag check/compulsory free lockers for all bags beforehand, and additional CMs stationed in the theater to usher out anyone who can't behave.

I hope that those who would be tempted to heckle, boo, or otherwise make the attraction about themselves will stay away. (I certainly will -- not because I can't behave myself, but simply because I'm not going to find the latest addition enjoyable to behold, so why waste vacation time on it?) Still, private political feelings do not excuse public rudeness, and the people who want to experience this attraction should be able to do so in an atmosphere of peace and respect.

Cliff

Again,...this cannot be a "political" discussion. I 100% agree....I'm thinking about this from a Disney "PR management" angle. The more I think about this, the more challenging it seems to be. I'm sure that Disney is going to heavily coach cast members on what to do "when" disagreements or passionate incidents happen. I mean....I can imagine we are all clustered together waiting to enter the theater and somebody shouts out a political comment that triggers others to react verbally. It's a horrible thought,...but could people TRY use the Hall of Presidents as high profile protest tool on social media????

I fear that people will use the Hall of Presidents to make political statements that go viral on YouTube and Facebook. This is the reality that we live in today and why this is going to be so challenging for Disney. Damn... :-(

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
From the article:
Ah ok, I thought I read this in the older article when they were hoping to open in June. I just thought that maybe they couldn't nail him down for a speech and they would just open this for Holiday capacity reasons until they could get a speech and rearrange the show.

AshaNeOmah

It's simple, really.

Announce the day HoP reopens that the next president will have an animatronic take the oath of office and nothing more.

Have Washington and Lincoln speak every show, then add a few random speeches. Adams, Jefferson, both Roosevelts, Kennedy, and Reagan. Maybe a few more 'safe choices' so the attraction will have more rewatchibility for returning guests. One random speaker per show. A Star tours of American Presidents.

beachlover4444

To avoid future issues and any political implications I think Disney needs to just update the HoP show after a president leaves office going forward. And possibly have Washington, Jefferson or Lincoln take on the speaking role with the next update that comes after Trump. I really enjoy this show and the American Adventure. Both are timely old-style Disney Americana. The HoP does a great job in how it covers the same history of our county as the AA does but does it differently - presenting history from a presidential perspective. No matter your politics both shows should be on a short list of “Must See” attractions on your WDW visiT.
I agree I could do without the newer presidents having to speak or speaking in a very limited role. Would love to see 3 or 4 interact that's what gives it such a real life quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom