The Hall of Flags

PhotoDave219

Removing the flag in the name of political correctness is wrong. The current wave of hysteria removing statues and flags that were 'on the wrong side' is very much like the Soviet Union's method of revising history - a very dangerous path to go down in the name of political correctneww.

Uh...... Not sure you wanna go there.

Everyone else seems to agree that museum and educational settings are fine, wherein learning from our mistakes alas they be repeated again.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The Flag started as the Battle Flag of Northern VA, it was designed to be used during the Civil War and was never used prior to that. There is a historical marker not far from where I live that marks where it was created.

prberk

try to talk your family into 'taking a break' inside American Adventure. I am sure if you enjoy Epcot you will enjoy the American Adventure. It is a must do for my family every trip...I try to get it in a few times per trip.

I agree. It is my favorite attraction in all of Walt Disney World. They spent a lot of time and effort on it -- the show AND the building. The show uses amazing AAs and very detailed theatrics. (It is a stage show with many scenes. They come up primarily from under the stage.) It contains the first AA to appear to walk (Ben Franklin). The closing is a very moving montage also, to the song, "American Dream."

Before most daytime shows, the Voices of Liberty perform in the building's rotunda, which is acoustically perfect for their vocal harmonies. They perform great American standards, like "Shenandoah." And they are perfectly in pitch. A highlight for many people who discover them.

Also inside is a little museum space with interesting artificacts from American history.

And its all in the air conditioning -- itself a good thing!

So, I recommend going there sometime.

Perhaps you can take the boat across next time, or go around the lake directly to America without stopping. Another option is to use the International Gateway entrance to Epcot, which is next to France and England, and comes out with a walkway (and boat transportation) to the Boardwalk. Sometimes I take a bus to the Boardwalk, then walk into Epcot from that entrance, and start then with World Showcase -- then do Future World later. Doing Epcot backwards like that will usually help with crowds, and also ensure that you get to see the Voices of Liberty sing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom