Would you move to the Poly?

• Are you serious? DUH of course!

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • No way, that'd be like

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Just for chucks and/or giggles, let's say you were booked at a Value or Moderate resort, and upon check in day, you are offered a rare upgrade to the Polynesian. The caveat - this is happening during DVC construction. The resort is not as awesome as it was. Huge sections walled off. Pool closed. Captain Cook's closed. But still. The location! The monorail! Would you?

EDIT: I was writing this by phone when my daughter woke up. I meant to add something snark to poll option 2 plus add a third option: "depends on the resort I originally booked." If I can edit the poll on my laptop (don't see that option on mobile site) I will when I can

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When I first read the question I thought you meant move there permanently, as in move in. My answer is probably yes either way;)

I would switch from a moderate or value for sure. If I had another deluxe resort, no. Poly is still a great location, monorail to both MK and EPCOT plus resort views of wishes at night. You also get great food options along the monorail route. The rooms are pretty large and just refurbed. Not having the pool would be a down side, but I think the pros would outweigh the cons.

stevehousse

I honestly would take the upgrade! Staying at a deluxe is expensive so if I ever was able to get a free upgrade I would take it cuz it wouldn't be likely I woul get to stay there again. Construction or not, The Poly is our favorit resort to visit. No pool would be a bummer but I'm sure they have been letting guests use the Grand Flo pool?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I honestly would take the upgrade! Staying at a deluxe is expensive so if I ever was able to get a free upgrade I would take it cuz it wouldn't be likely I woul get to stay there again. Construction or not, The Poly is our favorit resort to visit. No pool would be a bummer but I'm sure they have been letting guests use the Grand Flo pool?
Free pass to a waterpark.

Edit: I think its Blizzard Beach that you get. Plus the quiet pool is open.

mm121

Free pass to a waterpark.

Edit: I think its Blizzard Beach that you get. Plus the quiet pool is open.

Is this true? thats a pretty sweet trade off, to go from no pool at poly to the waterpark, though I llike swimming at night.

Just wish poly had a hot tub.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Is this true? thats a pretty sweet trade off, to go from no pool at poly to the waterpark, though I llike swimming at night.

Just wish poly had a hot tub.
It's true that people who are booked at the Poly are compensated for there not being a feature pool in working order by getting a 1-day water park ticket, and I think it's only Blizzard Beach, not a choice between the 2.

CheshireCat12

Yes- location matters and I've always wanted to stay at the Poly! The lack of the volcano pool would be a bummer, but otherwise I think it would be fine. The BB ticket sweetens the deal.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Yes- location matters and I've always wanted to stay at the Poly! The lack of the volcano pool would be a bummer, but otherwise I think it would be fine. The BB ticket sweetens the deal.
Again, it's all a big "What if" but I know they're offering the BB ticket to people who book at the Poly. Who's to say they'd offer you that freebie if they MOVED you to the Poly?

Mista C

I would do it just because staying at a Deluxe is something that I will not be doing very often, if ever. The construction would stink but I'm sure that the Poly will be just fine during that time.

tigger1968

Even with the caveats you list the answer is Take The Upgrade. Great views, monorail access, big rooms, etc. hands down, no brainer. :cool:

s&k'smom

Pool is pretty important to us as a family maybe if we could go to GF to swim but man a free day at BB thats a tough one. Yeah gotta go with upgrade.

stevehousse

Take the upgrade and go swim at GF. A lot of people will shun me for saying that but whatever! It's a 5 minute walk and they have 2 pools and a kids play area...more than enough room to share...

PREMiERdrum

I booked clients in the Poly for a week in September, and they couldn't be more excited. I went over with them in painstaking detail what was closed, views that were blocked, etc... But a week in a Concierge Club level room at Poly with a free day at Blizzard Beach PLUS the free dining plan, at the price I got them, couldn't be passed up.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Normally, yes, I would. But with all of the current construction going on? I'd move from the Poly to just about any other resort. For the price, it's not worth seeing an ocean of construction walls.

:(

stevehousse

Normally, yes, I would. But with all of the current construction going on? I'd move from the Poly to just about any other resort. For the price, it's not worth seeing an ocean of construction walls.

:(
but if its for free, then why not! id honestly take it just for the monorail and probably just spend the resort time over at GF...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Take the upgrade and go swim at GF. A lot of people will shun me for saying that but whatever! It's a 5 minute walk and they have 2 pools and a kids play area...more than enough room to share...
Both GF pools are now gated and can only be accessed by MagicBand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom