The Great Muppet Movie Ride in 2019.. good idea? bad?

The Great Muppet Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios in 2019

• That's a great idea

Votes: 60 43.8%
  • I personally would like it but I don't think many others would

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • Meh

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • No! It would never live up to the original. Why bother?

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Indifferent. I see some benefits to it but not enough to justify it

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • Literally anything to boost Hollywood Studios' capacity...

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

Tanna Eros

Just wait for the Alien segment.
9f0ee26535be02528b6672faf43a783e.jpg

PS - Space Marine Oswald needs a meet and greet.
I like the lovingly drawn white foot-gloves with nail openings on the alien.

Paper straw fan

I think if this had a chance it would have been around 2012 right after the fairly acclaimed Muppets movie came out. After that, interest has sort of dwindled (I for one liked the ABC prime time show)

I really wish Jason Segal would direct another movie. Not sure what he’s doing that’s so important right now, and I’ve thought for a while it could have been an IP that Disney could expand with enough interest.

As far as the ride, I’m just hoping the movie at HS survives the Star Wars takeover for now, and possibly gets an HD upgrade in the future. I’d love more stuff, but I’d settle for Disney not completely abandoning this IP and effectively killing it except in people’s memories

FettFan

As far as the ride, I’m just hoping the movie at HS survives the Star Wars takeover for now, and possibly gets an HD upgrade in the future. I’d love more stuff, but I’d settle for Disney not completely abandoning this IP and effectively killing it except in people’s memories

I want a new movie.

Muppet*Vision 3D will hit 28 years next month. Surely they could get JHC to produce a new film, right?
The basic setup of the theater wouldn't even have to change.

Paper straw fan

Well, you’ll get the people who remind you the original is the last new thing Henson did before his passing, which I get. I’d take either honestly.

Paper straw fan

Agreed. It would be nice if maybe they leave/splice some of his original audio into a new movie, just to give the Muppet fanatics a bone. If they update it, that means it’s staying for a while, which to me is a good thing. If it goes away completely and Disney essentially buries the Muppets IP, that’s a far worse fate than losing Henson’s last work on it.

Even for the ride, if they threw some loot at Jason Segal and brought in Walter and some newer Muppets (or Moopets!) that would be cool with me

TheMrRamonlle

In the Parks
No
Well, recently, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway replaced the GMR. So I was thinking maybe the scrapped Muppet Movie Ride could go into the Grand Avenue if the concept were to be revived.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom