The Great Movie Ride

colorguard02

Original Poster
Has anyone rode GMR since the rehab???? If so what changes have been done??? This one of my favorite rides and would love to know. Thanks!!!!:animwink:

civileng68

Account Suspended
i did

I rode it. I didn't really notice many changes per se.

I think they mostly just worked on touching things up such as paint and putting more sophisticated electronics in the animatronics to make them more realistic.

There are no major changes to the theming of anything. It's all relatively stuff you would not notice.

colorguard02

Original Poster
Thanks:animwink: I am so happy!!! I did not want them to change the whole thing. I had a dream last night that they changed everything. It was awful.I think this ride is great how it is. It really sets the mood for MGM with the whole Hollywood thing.:D

The_CEO

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
The script is a little different and everything looks brighter!! It's one of my favorite rides, too.

The script is worse to me.. I hate it, they ask questions to the audience when none of them respond.

" Do you like Marry Poppins? I SURE DO?!" BLADA BLADA BLAH

disneydawg

When I rode it last week I didnt really notice any changes. However, it had been so long since I had riden it that didnt surprise me. To me this is the type of ride like the Jungle Cruise where the CM makes or breaks the experience.

DisneyJill

I rode it on Monday and I really only noticed that the paint was a little brighter. The changes weren't too drastic. Mary Poppins wasn't going up and down when I was on it, she seemed to be stuck in the down position. :confused:

meeko_33785

I did it and for the most part, I liked the changes. I like the new script and both the guide I had (I believe her name was Carolyn?)and the gangster was excelent. A few slight things I didn't think were that great were that Mary Poppins wasn't moving up and down and Gene Kelly looked different (not for the better). The needed to rehab both the films at the queue and the finale though.They're looking very grainy. Other than that, it looked better than ever. I was very pleased.

wizard12

I haven't rode it in a while. I went in May but it was in rehab. I'm glad they didn't change too much. It is one of my favorite rides at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom