The Great Movie Ride

mkepcotmgmak

i have ridden this ride prob. 4 or 5 times, and i never knew there was a bank scene. everytime i have ridden there has been a gangster hijacking. what is the bank thing?

There are two possibilities for your vehicle to be hijacked. Show A and Show B. If there are two vehicles at the load station then the front vehicle is A and the rear vehicle is B. If there is only one it is most likely show B. Since all the cutbacks began they have GREATLY reduced the number of show A. They sometimes dont run any and often run only one. If you ask a cast member they will let you wait for show A. (I personally like it better). In show A you are hijacked by a western style bank robber right after you see John Wayne. Show B is the gangster. I wont say anymore, I dont want to spoil it if you havent seen it.

Ryan

I worked at GMR during my CP (about 5 months) and then I went back home to finish school. Signed onto the Fellowship program four months later and returned to work at GMR for about 2 months before I started that program. All during my 16 month Fellowship, I would pull additional OT shifts at GMR when I needed the extra cash, or I just felt like doing the ride again.

During my time, they would constantly be updating the movie. (I would say about every six months, sometimes less- sometimes more) During my entire time at Disney, I saw it changed twice. It's usually not huge changes that most people would recognize, but for the tour guides who work the ride, we notice every little change. I'm sure the movie has been updated in this rehab, but it's probably just the addition of 5 - 10 movie clips. Most of the time, these are short "one-liners" or famous shots.

I can't wait to see what they have changed. It's been 3 1/2 years since I have been to WDW and I miss it a lot. For those of you who get to ride the rehab-ed ride, please keep posting what has been changed.

Maria

Originally posted by Ryan
I worked at GMR during my CP (about 5 months) and then I went back home to finish school. Signed onto the Fellowship program four months later and returned to work at GMR for about 2 months before I started that program. All during my 16 month Fellowship, I would pull additional OT shifts at GMR when I needed the extra cash, or I just felt like doing the ride again.

Trust me, he was the best guide you could get for any of the "shows". :animwink:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Ryan

During my time, they would constantly be updating the movie. (I would say about every six months, sometimes less- sometimes more) During my entire time at Disney, I saw it changed twice. It's usually not huge changes that most people would recognize, but for the tour guides who work the ride, we notice every little change. I'm sure the movie has been updated in this rehab, but it's probably just the addition of 5 - 10 movie clips. Most of the time, these are short "one-liners" or famous shots.

I can't wait to see what they have changed. It's been 3 1/2 years since I have been to WDW and I miss it a lot. For those of you who get to ride the rehab-ed ride, please keep posting what has been changed.

So when was your CP time?

I just want to understand this better, because some people say it's changed, others say it hasn't...

Has anything been taken out of the Movie Ride? Has anything been put into it?

Are the classics still there, like the Alien scene, Indy Jones, Oz, etc?

And when will all the renovation be done? I went to WDW and was hoping to get onto the GMR this time last year, but it was closed due to renovation.

Cartman9

Originally posted by PacMan2006
I just want to understand this better, because some people say it's changed, others say it hasn't...

Has anything been taken out of the Movie Ride? Has anything been put into it?

Are the classics still there, like the Alien scene, Indy Jones, Oz, etc?

And when will all the renovation be done? I went to WDW and was hoping to get onto the GMR this time last year, but it was closed due to renovation.

It reopened June 8. It was down last year for one week when they replaced the carpeting in the preshow area. You probably came during that one week. This new rehab it was down from Feb.-June 8th. Everything in the ride is still there except for the addition of digital audio, new speakers, painted everything, new script, and new lighting. The new script really adds alot to the attraction and the script is more of a airy type feel than the long boring spiel it was before. I also noticed after riding a few times that the tour is almost random with the guides giving different information out each time.

mandib

The movies in the pre-show area are different too right? Well I've been on that ride a lot and didn't notice any differences at the end with the movie clips. Yes I did catch the new lines. It looks a lot brighter though! Well it's all for the better. Gosh I hate being home. (I've been home for 2 hours)

Cartman9

Originally posted by mandib
The movies in the pre-show area are different too right? Well I've been on that ride a lot and didn't notice any differences at the end with the movie clips. Yes I did catch the new lines. It looks a lot brighter though! Well it's all for the better. Gosh I hate being home. (I've been home for 2 hours)

No the movies in the preshow are the same as they have always been unfortunately.

meanmice

My family and I waited an hour in line one day. it was horrible. we saw the preview sequence so many times we have hardly been able to watch any of the featured movies since. However, I did rent 'Singin in the rain' this weekend and i think i might make it through with out going insane.

Bagheera

Originally posted by Cartman9
No the movies in the preshow are the same as they have always been unfortunately.

Those movies are chosen to allow everyone to identify the scenes from those movies on the ride as they pass them. How many people would recognize "The Searchers" without the assist? John Wayne isn't nearly as popular these days as he used to be.

Cartman9

Originally posted by Bagheera
Those movies are chosen to allow everyone to identify the scenes from those movies on the ride as they pass them. How many people would recognize "The Searchers" without the assist? John Wayne isn't nearly as popular these days as he used to be.

Actually I read somewhere that the actual animatronic figure of John Wayne is not from any particular movie and the lines aren't even anything he said in a film. Disney had to make up what he said because his estate would not let them quote anything from a film he was in.

Maria

I have a picture with John Wayne and with the witch of OZ ... :lookaroun just thought I would share... :D :animwink:

Dayma

John Wayne is not from any particular movie and the lines aren't even anything he said in a film.

I am not a John Wayne fan but I am almost positive that is from a very famous movie. Would someone here know?

MicBat

Originally posted by Maria
I have a picture with John Wayne and with the witch of OZ ... :lookaroun just thought I would share... :D :animwink:
oooh... Are you right next to them maria?? Post, Post, Post, Post!!! :D

pepsistar

:veryconfu Hummmm Maria HOW did you do that??? Did you make them stop the ride??? Sneak in?? :lol:

:mad: :( :cry: As for the NEW???? I did not see any!! I just came back on the 8th from "home" stayed an exta day for the reopening and was lucky to get on as the ride had been on and off all day!

I was told by the CM at the door that everything?? !!!!!! was new and the script was different. I ws very excited -- BUT:cry:

I found NOTHING!!! new--!!! It was all the same. No new movie clips, same preshow, same film clips at the end. Maybe it was painted, but that was not what I was waiting to see-- :lookaroun

It was the show with the gangster and it was a female CM, Ok, but the script lends itsself more to the male version. Not saying she did not do a good job but--- If I remember-- she did talk a little more, just telling the robbers to hold on, be quiet-- nothing exciting! ( not worth the months of waiting for)

I have gone several times and never new there were "2" different shows????? I will ask next time I get a chance to go.

The only thing I did notice, that looked new was a neon, lightup sign to the right of the entrance.

I was VERY!!!! VERY !!! Disappointed!!!!

If anyone else went and saw something new please tell me, I thought???? They just did the old show for some reason. Hummmmm :goodnevil :veryconfu :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom