The Great Movie Ride update!

A "Ghost" Host

Original Poster
Hey guys! I recently went on The Great Movie Ride and at the end (when they show the movie snips) They added and took away a few movies. I first niticed it with Pirates of the Caribbean, the next new thing was The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. And others like Finding Nemo (which replaced the cute little lion king moment)

Blizz

It's nice that they updated the film but the real question is did they reaim the projector to make the film project on the screen and not on the drapes around it?

Connor002

Blizz said:
It's nice that they updated the film but the real question is did they reaim the projector to make the film project on the screen and not on the drapes around it?

So that we have something to complain about.

DisneyFreak529

Blizz said:

I'm just happy they updated it! :sohappy:

TheBeatles

Isn't that film supposed to represent classic movies? Narnia hasn't even been released yet, so why would Disney include a movie that isn't a classic. Of course, it could just be a marketing campaign. Am I missing the point of the selection process for the movies shown at the end of the ride?

Epcot82Guy

It's a salute to some of the greatest movie moments. So, while Narnia hasn't been released, it's a little creative license that those moments will be great. I am wondering if this is a push to convert the ride eventually to a "Disney's Greatest" as was once rumored awhile ago.

Mr Bill

It's great to hear that they've updated the video. People have been complaining about it for a while now. Now they'll find something about the new video to complain about.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Mr Bill said:
It's great to hear that they've updated the video. People have been complaining about it for a while now. Now they'll find something about the new video to complain about.

haha yeah I don't know... disney does something new... and more people complain about it... ugh... enjoy :)

Denscott

askmike1 said:
The new movies featured are...
Chicago
Pearl Harbor
Pirates
Narnia
Finding Nemo (in place of Lion King)
Forest Gump

Pearl Harbour? No coincidence that it's a Touchstone Pictures movie??

Come on Disney, at least choice movies from your own collection that are not symbols for the decline of Hollywood quality!! :hammer:

Even Chicago and Pirates is way stretching the "classic" catagory requirement...

Denscott said:

Come on Disney, at least choice movies from your own collection that are not symbols for the decline of Hollywood quality!! :hammer:

Even Chicago and Pirates is way stretching the "classic" catagory requirement...

Seeing as how Chicago won the Best Picture of 2003 award at the Oscars and went on to make over $200 million and Pirates went on to gross over $300 million and make two sequels, I'd easily say that these two have deserved "instant classic" status.

WDWScottieBoy

Denscott said:

Last I heard, Touchstone is owned by Disney. Hence why they have the whole Pearl Harbor scene at the beginning of the backlot tour.

And doesn't the spiel just say that it's some of the CM's all-time favorite movies, or does the spiel include "classic" in it?

DizWhizKid

WDWScottieBoy said:
Last I heard, Touchstone is owned by Disney. Hence why they have the whole Pearl Harbor scene at the beginning of the backlot tour.

And doesn't the spiel just say that it's some of the CM's all-time favorite movies, or does the spiel include "classic" in it?

The spiel says "and here's just a few of my favorites."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom