Trip Report The Great 40th Birthday Bash! [live-ish]

So we're here now, in our hotel room and I'll remind y'all of who is on this trip:

Who: Me and my spouse (whom I'm calling SurlyHobbit or The Hobbit)
When: September 17, 2017 for a 5 night stay
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter

Our flight was uneventful, our room was ready before we arrived, and our Magic Bands weren't working properly when we got to our assigned room, but they got that fixed right away. The Hobbit is bringing the rest of our bags up and then I'm going to walk over to the main building to pick up my ECV. I'd gotten a message from lostpro9het saying that they were over at the Nomad Lounge at AKP. Alas, my Hobbit only got 90 minutes of sleep last night and slept almost the whole flight. He needs at least 2 more hours of sleep before he's even presentable to company other than me.

Picture of the morning: My "Flying to WDW" outfit
eG9hleG7nWdgjUge2

Last edited:

Trisha Lynn

Original Poster
Back at POFQ after a long birthday, where I got birthday greetings and video of Snow White, Gaston, Ariel, Rapunzel, Tiana, Mickey Mouse (in the Town Hall Theater), Anna, and Elsa. My favorite answers to the question: "What will you be doing on your 40th birthday?" were from Gaston and Mickey Mouse. Rapunzel, Anna, and Ariel were the best improvisers. I can't wait to edit these and all the other wishes I'll get tomorrow into one video.

I also have lots of pictures of my character birthday dinner at Garden Grill. Because we had a late dinner, we ended up closing Epcot again. This time, we came back in the rental car which was much easier on our constitutions.

Pictures are being backed up right now, but I won't be updating the Album again until tomorrow morning. It's become a ritual of mine, now.

Trisha Lynn

Original Poster
It's Thursday morning, and I've both vlogged and updated the Album with yesterday's pictures. After I finished my previous post, I reviewed the video footage I got and almost all of them were crappy and I didn't get good footage of asking the questions. This is why vloggers have those expensive one-handed rigs where they can just have their camera keep rolling and not worry about having to press any buttons. If I ever decide to do more trip vlogging or vlogging of any kind, I'm going to have to keep this in mind.

I also discovered that the ideal kind of Disney Day for me and my Hobbit is one where I can go to a park in the morning by myself and do all the silly character interaction things that he's not a fan of and then we meet up for excellent food for lunch and spend the rest of the day together. I wish that he wouldn't have to continue to do work in the mornings, but I'm also starting to realize that's a consequence of my having married a near-workaholic who has three vocations, two of which are similar.

Another thing I noticed is that there's a camraderie among ECV users. We're often the first ones on the resort transportation and the last ones off. We're also seated together when watching shows. The conversations I've had with folks of all abilities and genders while sitting in our ECVs has been fantastic. I think one lady and I talked for so long this morning that we almost held her party going to breakfast. :D

So today is more Magic Kingdom for me and the Hobbit's first time, dinner at Artist Point, and then back for more MK and the fireworks. It's going to be a magical day.

Picture from yesterday:

MK_Vaudeville Poster_20170920.jpg

I took this while waiting for Mickey Mouse at the Town Hall Theater. I got most of the references, but I didn't get this one. What cartoon is it referencing?

Last edited:

Trisha Lynn

Original Poster
Happy belated birthday wishes! What fun to spend your birthday at WDW! :happy:

Thank you! It has been a blast and I couldn't have wished for a better 40th Birthday experience. Well, okay, being here with my family and nieces could also have been awesome, but then I couldn't have gotten to be selfish and do the things that I want to do.

Last edited:

Trisha Lynn

Original Poster
I thought I had an FP for BTMRR but as I was looking at MDE to confirm the time, it disappeared from my plans & now I have an extra one to use. Does that mean the ride is unexpectedly down?

Trisha Lynn

Original Poster
It's Friday morning, my last morning here in the bubble. I'm headed to DHS by myself, will be met by the Hobbit for lunch, and then it's back to MK for one last (or first) ride on MK's Space Mountain. That is a story in itself, but one I will tell later on because I need to get dressed quickly. Oh, and the Album is updated.

Also:
MK_Memento Mori Photographs_20170921.jpg

Why has no one ever talked about these in their trip reports? They're awesomely spooky!

Trisha Lynn

Original Poster
The [live-ish] trip blog is over. The Album is updated. Our flight out is at 2 pm today.

I'm going into hibernation for a bit, and I started drafting out what my posts and videos will look like.

Thanks for following along and for all the advice I read the entire 1.5 years leading up to this birthday. When I do post my TR, it will probably be a new thread. Because I want to put things in chronological order.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom