The good, the bad, the ugly?

jmrdv

The Good- Animal Kingdom
The Bad- Epcot
The Ugly - Hollywood Studios

While Epcot has stagnated, it is still our favorite place in the evening. My vote for worst is Disney SPrings and all the noise that place produces. We tend to stay in Saratoga springs and at night the noise from the springs is incredible accross the lake. We miss the comedy club and disney quest, the old Riverboat Rascals with the 1/2 round bar and even the Adventurers club.

jwakja

The Good = Disney World itself
The Bad = Heading to the airport.
The Ugly = Having scooters run over you because of lazy, fat people considering themselves "physically handicapped".

ChrisinOrl

What are the good, bad and ugly parts of the Disney experience. Please name one of each.
The Good- the feeling that Main Street still gives me
The Bad- the fact there is no major tribute ride/attraction dedicated to Walt. I emphasize major.
The Ugly - the way management allows the ride features to break and not fix them.
Good - Entering the MK at the beginning of the day
Bad - Fast Pass, the crowds it creates in the walkways, and the empty queues that used to be part of the story - POTC, SM.
Ugly - The 3 1/2 minute attraction. Is our attention span really that short?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The Good: you can still have a great time at WDW as long as you temper your expectations
The Bad: that visit is going to cost you considerably more than it did just a few years ago
The Ugly: guest behavior is trending downward

COrunner

The Good: Disney has a stable of strong IP's in addition to their traditional stable of characters.
The Bad: The general culture of dissecting and being negative to any decision that is made.
The Ugly: Avatar could become a waterloo of sorts with so much money sunk into a land based off one movie.

HkPro

The good: Planning our trip. We only go every 3-4 years, so we stretch the trip planning out over 2 years and its fun to talk with the kids at the dinner table about where we are going to eat next time, or which rides we must do.

The bad: That my husband, while a Disney fan, isn't as big a fan as I am, and only wants to visit every 3-4 years.

The Ugly: Other peoples opinions on how we "do" WDW. Like disparaging comments on Park Hopping or whether or not we do the dining plan.

rob0519

The Good: It's Disney World. Not much else to say.
The Bad: Insanely upward spiral of prices and decreasing quality on just about everything.
The Ugly: Overcrowding, resulting in things like: incredibly long lines at QS, transportation and attractions, 180 day dining reservations, 60 day fast pass reservations, etc.

bethymouse

Good: It's still the happiest place on earth.
Bad: It's sad to have to avoid your favorite parks due to construction, which is costing the Disney fan way too much $$$!
Ugly: Pandora- I hope that Pixarland and Star Wars Land live up to their hype! However, I do love the Night Blossom drink at the Pongu Pongu "Lounge" and the Drum Circle Show! The lines are outrageously long for the Na'vi River Journey, and the ride is all too short! The Flight of Passage ride is great, especially the queue, but yet again a long wait, and nearly impossible to get a fast pass! So many people, such little room! Don't get me wrong, I like Pandora. It is nice at night. I just was a bit underwhelmed. Perhaps it's because I am not a great Avatar the movie fan. Perhaps it is because Mickey is not present in Pandora ( I know that was intentional on the part of the imagineers).:eek:

Snake

The good, taking my daughter now the same my parents took me and my siblings for yearly visits
The bad, removal of no expiration tickets, i used to buy full 10 day no expiration, effectively cutting the price in half for admission
The ugly, increased prices, increased crowds, increased busy season length, and terrible/un-updated 30 year old attractions, peterpan, jungle boat, grand prix, just to name a few. Time over haul all attractions for the new century, and i mean all attractions

SteveAZee

Good - Staying on property and being in the magic bubble of Disney
Bad - Having to plan months and months ahead to help keep the bubble magic
Ugly - Fellow guests who run around with figurative pins popping the magic bubble

Mickey shaped world

Good- Arriving at Orlando airport, cast members waving at you with big mickey gloves, getting on the magical express to start the most magical holiday ever.
Bad- Repeatedly glancing back at the castle as you leave the MK on your last night.
Ugly- Starting to tear up at the good bye song on the magical express going home :cry:

Yert3

The Ugly - the way management allows the ride features to break and not fix them.

To be fair, this has gotten a lot better in recent years. 2012 I think was the worst of it. My trip in December, it seemed like more things were broken/off than things that were working/on. Now it seems most effects on attractions are working. It’s not as good as it should be, but they’ve improved a lot.

rk03221

The good: Magic kingdom and quality food
The bad: Hollywood studios/Epcot, all of the construction and the cost
The ugly: some cms living in hotels. Seriously Disney target just raised their minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2020 I’m sure you can too.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
The good: Magic kingdom and quality food
The bad: Hollywood studios/Epcot, all of the construction and the cost
The ugly: some cms living in hotels. Seriously Disney target just raised their minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2020 I’m sure you can too.

A bizzillion dollar company not paying a liviable wage is not right. They charge premium prices for their product and expect top notch workers. You can't live on the current minimum wage!

rk03221

A bizzillion dollar company not paying a liviable wage is not right. They charge premium prices for their product and expect top notch workers. You can't live on the current minimum wage!

Nope I used to work there but couldnt survive, its sad, I mean the Wal Mart close to Disney pays more...thats no joke. Hopefully one day they can figure it out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom