The future of WDW

Imaginationeer

Original Poster
I just thought that I would highlight the rumored additions coming to WDW according to what I have been told lately
Jungle Cruise Refurbishment 1/07-5/07
Universe of Energy 1/07-10/07
El Rio Del Tiempo 1/07-10/07
Soarin' 9/07-10/07
Journey into Imagination 10/06-10/07
Illuminations 9/07-10/07(few days)
Sounds Dangerous closes 6/07 Drew Carey Contract Expiration
Incredibles constuction begins summer 07
These are not definite but some are extremely likely
I also heard about a long refurbishment of Fantasmic this coming winter for additions of a Stitch Scene

DisneyRoxMySox

Imaginationeer said:
I just thought that I would highlight the rumored additions coming to WDW according to what I have been told lately
Soarin' 9/07-10/07

Sweet. :cool:

Imaginationeer said:

I'm scared. Not CoP. :cry:

Imaginationeer said:
I also heard about a long refurbishment of Fantasmic this coming winter for additions of a Stitch Scene

:dazzle:

FigmentJedi

Imaginationeer said:
Adding the stuff from Disneyland maybe?
update for the 25th
Three Cabiero'd or digital projection updates for the old 70's reels.
Soarin' 9/07-10/07
Routine fixing I guess.. Or new film..
Crapping me pants again...
Thank you sweet Jebus!
Same as the above as long as it doesn't take over CoP. There's a nice little spot in the Skyway or Galaxy Palace theater. Or in Sounds Dangerous.
Stitch added to Fantasmic doesn't surprise me. Can they replace the lame Pocahontas scene with Pirates, Peter Pan or 20K while there at it? I'm really hoping some of these are accurate you know, I've been waiting for confirmation whether or not something would develop on JII and I want to see things.

yoyoflamingo

The Stitch is Fantasmic doesn't surprise me either, as I think it might blend in nicely. Use "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" or the Main title Song, and have some nice tropical luau setting. A lot of fun, and probably better than Pocahontas.

Chape19714

Pocahontas is great in Fantasmic and hope it isn't taken out, as it's a great scene that uses the technology of the mountain stage to it's fullest.

Everything Else doesn't suprise me.

jedimaster1227

Long overdue

Not so sure... :lookaroun

Possibly...

Soarin' 9/07-10/07

Why? (It doesn't take a month to fix some tears in the far side of the screen).

:D I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one because if I said what I had to say, some members would probably have a heart attack when they heard the news... :animwink:

What for?

Possibly to move Millionare to that theater(if the CMs succeeded).

Really? :veryconfu Thats a new one...

Thanks for the update! :wave:

mayoki

Imaginationeer said:
You know, the older this attractiuon looks, the more endearing. I love the scenes from 1981(ish)
Imaginationeer said:
A whole year!!...oh please, please, please let the Imagination Whatever fade into history. Welcome back Dreamfinder!:sohappy:

Oh, Sounds Dangerous was a great place for hangover recovery...I'll miss it

FigmentJedi

Channing vs Lex Luthor
Luthor: Let me hear you say it just once.
Channing: Imagination must be captured and controlled
Luthor: No, No, No, the other thing.
Channing: (poster of Channing with Figment, passing him off as his creation)
Luthor: WRONG!

nyy102

I would be satisfied with even one or two of these happening. The tops for me is JII, UoE, and Rio del Tiempo, all of which I believe should be part of a lengthy and complete rehab, and update where needed, for Epcot. As for the other things, dropping Sounds Dangerous is long overdue, and introducing something Incredibles-related sounds nice, but I am not really for changing Fantasmic to include something as recent as Stitch, but I guess they can't botch it like I heard they did to SGE.

Tahu, thats priceless!

djronnieb

jedimaster1227 said:
:D I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one because if I said what I had to say, some members would probably have a heart attack when they heard the news... :animwink:

ohhh come on, tell us some things about it pretty please with a cherry on top. I promise if anyone has a heart attack I will take full responsibility for it.

tnchefbear

Imaginationeer said:
Imaginationeer said:
this is so long overdue that it almost falls into the catagory of why?
Imaginationeer said:
Here we go again, u think they will get rid of Ellen?
Imaginationeer said:
this looks like a bad version of Small World so anything they do would only improve it
Imaginationeer said:
Soarin' 9/07-10/07
This would have to be for a new film, they were rumored to be working on a Florida version as early as 2003
Imaginationeer said:
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: do I dare Dream?!?:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Imaginationeer said:
I wish they would leave this alone except for maybe a few updates/upgrades... this has always been my favorite
Imaginationeer said:
perhaps equally happy about this leaving as dream..... coming back to JI
Imaginationeer said:
I just hope they do something great with this or it will end up being a disaster... like the last 2 overhauls of JI
Imaginationeer said:
I was never impressed with this show so I could care less if they change it

Scar Junior

djronnieb said:
ohhh come on, tell us some things about it pretty please with a cherry on top. I promise if anyone has a heart attack I will take full responsibility for it.

Haha! I was just waiting to see how long it would take for a reaction like this!

wickedfan07

I'm happy to see some updates in Epcot, especially since they all seem to be ending in time for the 25th anniversary. Part of me is disappointed though: I might be going to WDW next summer (as a graduation present) and those rides will be closed. But if they're doing some cool things there, I'm all for going back the following summer to check it out!

I'm hoping the downtime for IllumiNations doesn't equal the closure of Reflections of Earth in favor of some form of IllumiNations 25 (even though there's been no rumor of this). RoE is my favorite show at Disney...period, and I hope they find no reasons to change it before 2009 and Sky Dance.

As someone mentioned before, maybe they will put The Incredicles attraction where Sounds Dangerous is. I hope it doesn't find its way into Epcot or Tomorrowland.

I'm kind of disappointed that there's no mention of Wonders of Life. Here's to hoping for a surprise.

wickedfan07

macsmom said:
May I ask what Sky Dance is, please? Thanks.

Sky Dance is supposed to be the working title of a new fireworks show currently in development. It is rumored to replace Reflections of Earth in Epcot sometime around 2009. Its not officially confirmed to my knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom