The Future of the theme parks, Golden Oak!!!

Would you live at Golden Oak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
The same people who complain, are the same one's in EVERY THREAD I MAKE. I cannot understand why if people don't like my amazing ability to invite debate, why they bother to post in my threads?

The answer is, they are Jimmy Fans, my most loyal to be truthful.

Now please, lets stay on this important topic, its intriguing to say the least, if your going to try to fail at flaming me, and believe me you are, take the act elsewhere, its not wanted, and you will be ignored.

Jimmy Thick- They don't even know they love me....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The same people who complain, are the same one's in EVERY THREAD I MAKE. I cannot understand why if people don't like my amazing ability to invite debate, why they bother to post in my threads?

The answer is, they are Jimmy Fans, my most loyal to be truthful.

Now please, lets stay on this important topic, its intriguing to say the least, if your going to try to fail at flaming me, and believe me you are, take the act elsewhere, its not wanted, and you will be ignored.

Jimmy Thick- They don't even know they love me....

You didn't create this thread to discuss or debate the merits of the Golden Oak, but to try impress others with your wealth (or lack of). I've seen you do this in countless other threads that you have created. You are nothing more than an egotist and troll.

Good day sir. :wave:

_Scar

I guarentee you 99.8% of disney fans cannot even come close to affording these places. Talk about alienating the fans.

Troll is trolling. Look at his icon.

TP2000

This whole thing seems a bit cheesy to me, and the McMansion tract home architecture is very 1999. The Golden Oak website is hilarious to read though with the promise of perks and status. I imagine there are some folks in the Midwest who would be impressed, however.

The dumb thing is all of those things are already available to anyone, and it's called a VIP Tour and it's available at both WDW and Disneyland. You basically pay a flat hourly rate (around 75 bucks last time I heard), and you are assigned a VIP Tour Guide for the day who leads you around and gets you right on the popular rides. They also set up reserved seating for you for parades and major shows, act as concierge for dinner reservations and special experiences, Characters meetings, etc. You are expected to tip the tour guide at the end, in addition to the hourly rate, based on the level of premium services they offered and their overall performance. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/vip-services/

Disney has been offering this extra-cost VIP service for years. I don't know about WDW, but you see these tour guides all the time at Disneyland ushering affluent families in through the exits of rides and sitting with them in roped off areas for parades and shows, etc. I've also seen tour guides eating with their assigned family at the fancy Disneyland restaurants like the Blue Bayou, and you could tell the tour guide was acting like a babysitter and entertaining the kids while mom and dad chatted over dinner at the other end of the table.

This isn't a new concept. It's just something being extended and marketed as a perk for this housing development. :wave:

The Empress Lilly

Oh, come on people. The guy just starts some conversations. No need for an angry mob with torches and pitchforks.

TP2000 said:
The dumb thing is all of those things are already available to anyone, and it's called a VIP Tour and it's available at both WDW and Disneyland. You basically pay a flat hourly rate (around 75 bucks last time I heard), and you are assigned a VIP Tour Guide for the day who leads you around and gets you right on the popular rides.
Hey, I never knew that existed.

I'm almost tempted to do it just one day...

But really, I resent that sort of thing. I dislike vip seats and preferential treatment.

_Scar

I saw that VIP thing on a cheesy Travel Channel WDW episode and it seems that only snobby rich people who are too high class to walk with the normal people use the guides ahaha

puntagordabob

The whole idea of a residential development form land sold from and deep inside the WDW property DISGUSTS me.... had this been located adjacent or outside of WDW property (but not part of ever originally) then my opinion would be positive....

Golden Oaks +1, property for a Fifth Gate -1

gallerie

Well that`s misleading advertising for you.

If it were on property, they would have the same problems Disney faced with E.P.C.O.T. and later Celebration - voting rights. Permenant residents would get a say in anything from where a new road should be built to what colour to paint the castle. If the voting majority said purple, it would be painted purple.

The land has been de-annexed, as I said above, from the RCID to prevent such a problem arising. This means Disney no longer own it. So it not on property.

The issue I think is that most of us don't want Disney to sell and de-annex any of its property but use it instead for everyone's use to enjoy. This project takes land that once was Disney and sells it away to a rich few.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom