The Force Awakens

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Oscar Isaac, Gwendoline Christie, and Adam Driver were terrible in my opinion. Adam Driver was just barely better than Jar Jar (voiced by Ahmed Best). Daisy Ridley, and John Boyega were excellent. The rest of the cast was mediocre. Mark Hamill gets an honorable mention for just standing there with a derp face. :)

Ah ok. So everyone, I'll be on my way, lol

doctornick

Who's acting was bad?

Yeah, that's an odd complaint. I thought the acting overall was excellent. Well, not Carrie Fisher, but she wasn't really all that good in the original trilogy either. It was a complete 180 from the prequels where you kinda wanted to get rid of all of the characters because they were so annoying. I actually even was engaged and intrigued by the characters in TFA.

rucifee

Yeah, that's an odd complaint. I thought the acting overall was excellent. Well, not Carrie Fisher, but she wasn't really all that good in the original trilogy either. It was a complete 180 from the prequels where you kinda wanted to get rid of all of the characters because they were so annoying. I actually even was engaged and intrigued by the characters in TFA.

I'm obviously just wrong, I mean there must be something wrong with me to have an opinion that's different from everyone else's. I'm just going to unwatch the thread, no point in trying to participate where you're not wanted. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not specific to this thread, just frustrated by all nastiness in general by some of the people here that has come in my direction. Anyway, over and out for a while.
People are expressing their opinion about yours. You haven't felt the need to hold back either. Part and parcel of a discussion forum....

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

It's hard to judge a movie like this on first viewing. There's so many expectations, so much happening in the movie, etc.

I appreciated it more the second time. I noticed the brilliant score more after listening to the soundtrack.

I wanted to see more of certain characters going in the first time, but on second viewing instead of having expectations not met, I enjoyed what we got for what it was.

It felt less like a rehash the second time. Hard to explain why. One thing they could have done to make this feel a bit more original would have been NOT to make Jakku a desert planet.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
English, do you even speak it?

Rey and Finn were excellent, like I said. They were the director's focus and everyone else was just there for filler.

Not specific to this thread, just frustrated by all nastiness in general by some of the people here that has come in my direction. Anyway, over and out for a while.

Yeah, this guy is a little nasty, you're right.

FigmentForver96

It's hard to judge a movie like this on first viewing. There's so many expectations, so much happening in the movie, etc.

I appreciated it more the second time. I noticed the brilliant score more after listening to the soundtrack.

I wanted to see more of certain characters going in the first time, but on second viewing instead of having expectations not met, I enjoyed what we got for what it was.

It felt less like a rehash the second time. Hard to explain why. One thing they could have done to make this feel a bit more original would have been NOT to make Jakku a desert planet.
I think desert planets are used for their desolate character. It's empty, void of much life and most people would never dare look in those places for something inportant. Also of Rey has connection with Luke then I would guess the desert would almost be symbolism of some sort. I feel like other planets could have been used but I'm not really bothered by it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
https://twitter.com/LeDoctor/status/679006177276006400/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

CWxQhTKUAAArJ3T.jpg

FoozieBear

$40 million on a Monday. Insane. Such a record is unheard of. And I'm so glad these records are going to a Star Wars movie. I have my small problems with TFA but I'm so glad Star Wars is getting all this attention. It deserves every penny.

RMichael21

Looks like its passed 1 billion in a record 12 days:

"Disney(DIS) said Sunday that its blockbuster broke the $1 billion mark around the world faster than any other film in history.

The sci-fi adventure movie reached the milestone 12 days after its global release. That is one day earlier than the previous record holder -- Universal's "Jurassic World," which was released earlier this year.

The seventh film in the "Star Wars" saga has made $544.5 million in the U.S.

After only 10 days, it is the fifth biggest film in U.S. box office history.

"The Force Awakens" made $1 billion in half the time it took another Disney hit franchise, Marvel's"Avengers: Age of Ultron," to do so this summer.

The film also just had the best Christmas day at the box office, and it captured the biggest second weekend, raking in $153.5 million.

"The Force Awakens" has also won accolades with fans and critics. It holds a 94% score on review site RottenTomatoes.com and has even garnered some Oscar buzz.

The world domination of "The Force Awakens" is far from over, however.

The film has yet to open in China, the second biggest film market in the world. It will open there on January 9."

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/27/media/star-wars-the-force-awakens-1-billion-box-office-record/

MississippiBelle

The simple answer for all of that is that when Star Wars was made there were no plotted out sequels and Anakin Skywalker was not Darth Vader. When sequels did get plotted out Luke's twin was originally a new character who would have shown up in the sequel trilogy.

As for Rey, it seems crazy that a woman wouldn't remember a birth. We also saw that she was not a baby when left behind. I'm inclined to her being Luke's daughter given the trailers.

I completely agree with you. There are a lot of little hints dropped throughout the movie that led me to the same conclusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom