The Force Awakens

WildcatDen

So, TFA has seen a little success since it's release. Quick question. Do you think Disney will re-release TFA prior to Episode 8's release and if so, do you think it would enable it to pass $1B Domestic and pass Titanic for number 2 all time?

Phroobar

So, TFA has seen a little success since it's release. Quick question. Do you think Disney will re-release TFA prior to Episode 8's release and if so, do you think it would enable it to pass $1B Domestic and pass Titanic for number 2 all time?
No. We have Star Wars: Rogue One coming this christmas. Then episode 8 next christmas.

Figments Friend

Saw the film again ( in 3D, in a theatre ) the other day....for the forth time..on Tuesday.
A friend surprised me at work yesterday asking if i would like to see the film with them on free passes today....so of course i am going.
I guess i'm talking too much about the film and my recent 'obsession' with Kylo Ren is becoming too obvious to the people i work with....
:p

#5 showing will be great....every time i see it i like it even more, and find more to take notice of.

Kylo Ren and Rey rule.
Really looking forward to seeing how these characters develop in the forthcoming films.

-

WildcatDen

No. We have Star Wars: Rogue One coming this christmas. Then episode 8 next christmas.
I know the release schedule, I guess I am just speculating on if they would re-release TFA prior to Episode 8 (maybe a month or so) to see if it can pass Titanic. It would also be a nice lead in to Episode 8 as a refresher.

Phroobar

I know the release schedule, I guess I am just speculating on if they would re-release TFA prior to Episode 8 (maybe a month or so) to see if it can pass Titanic. It would also be a nice lead in to Episode 8 as a refresher.
I see no reason for that since the dvd comes out April 5 and pay channels shortly after and you can stream it whenever you want. It's not like we have to wait four years like we did for TESB to be released and no other way to see it inbetween.

WildcatDen

I see no reason for that since the dvd comes out April 5 and pay channels shortly after and you can stream it whenever you want. It's not like we have to wait four years like we did for TESB to be released and no other way to see it inbetween.
Good points, but the last time I sat in my family room, I could not replicate the theater experience? I guess the point I am trying to make is it possible they would do this with the express reason of trying to increase TFA's standing over Titanic. Without a re-release, I do not think it will catch the sinking boat.

Phroobar

To properly watch Star Wars at home, you need a home theater that looks like this:

iLB6O8M.jpg

best-star-wars-home-theaters-reunion-house-rental-1080x720.jpg

WhatJaneSays

Good points, but the last time I sat in my family room, I could not replicate the theater experience? I guess the point I am trying to make is it possible they would do this with the express reason of trying to increase TFA's standing over Titanic. Without a re-release, I do not think it will catch the sinking boat.
A re-release in the late fall of 2017 would really behoove them. Most larger theaters would happily give it a single screen for a 1 or 2 week engagement just prior to VIII. Many theater chains do double (or triple or marathon) features already when the newest in a series come out.

Topping Titanic or making a billion domestically are major factors as well.

doctornick

Plus most people can't replicate 3D and/or IMAX in their homes, so even just a release in premium formats like that could work.

If they were to re-release it in 2018 (which, I would agree, would make some sense), it might make sense to have some sort of "bonus" aspect -- new scenes probably wouldn't fit with the DVD will have already long been released and would have bonus features. But maybe something like a theater only trailer for Ep VIII or a short film?

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Avatar did it and if I remember right it had some new scenes added.

I don't see how Disney wouldn't re-release TFA before EPVIII. It just makes too much sense. Imagine they release a exclusive trailer for EPVIII and a deleted scene or 2 and you have a huge win.

tk924

I'm really considering waiting a while to purchase TFA, but you never know.
What I really want to see is someone take the deleted scenes and splice them in.
Now that would be something to see.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Many people have wondered about the scene where Leia hugs Rey and is snubbed by Chewie. JJ Abrams explains -

http://nerdist.com/j-j-abrams-expla...as-cold-shoulder-in-that-force-awakens-scene/

“That was probably one of the mistakes I made in that. My thinking at the time was that Chewbacca, despite the pain he was feeling, was focused on trying to save Finn and getting him taken care of. So I tried to have Chewbacca go off with him and focus on Rey, and then have Rey find Leia and Leia find Rey. The idea being that both of them being strong with the Force and never having met, would know about each other — that Leia would have been told about her beyond what we saw on screen and Rey of course would have learned about Leia. And that reunion would be a meeting and a reunion all in one, and a sort of commiseration of their mutual loss.”

Next, the (potentially more important) question of Leia and Rey’s hug. Some thought maybe Leia and Rey embraced because they recognized each other or experienced some sort of familial spark. Does Abrams’ dissection of the scene definitively mean Rey isn’t a Skywalker? No, but it’s certainly looking less likely now. Rey and Leia connected solely because of the Force. Though Rey only recently met Han Solo, she quickly developed a bond with him—like Luke with Obi-Wan in A New Hope. She likely felt Leia’s pain through the Force and was drawn to her, so to speak.

Dartha Stewart

Just saw snippets of the deleted scene where Kylo Ren boards the Millennium Falcon, walks around, even has a moment looking over the pilot's seat.

Knowing what we know about his connection...wow...this scene would have left an impact had it remained in the final product. I claim JJ Abrams made a mistake by cutting this scene from the movie. It should have stayed. Never have we seen a main villain board the Falcon. This would have been an excellent scene had it remained included, and would have even made further scenes more emotional than they already were. Those few extra moments would not have made the movie drag or seem too drawn-out. (imo)

Shame on you, Mr. Abrams, for pulling the plug on what would have been a monumental few moments in Star Wars lore. :(

End rant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom