The Flying Dutchman Pirate Ship at Castaway Cay MISSING?

SMRT-1

Original Poster
I have a friend that went on the Disney Dream and she said that The Flying Dutchman was not at Castaway Cay...anyone know why?

Figment82

It was a movie prop, not meant to sit out in the elements for years. It was falling apart and they finally dismantled it in November. When we were there the first weekend in December, the barge was sitting on the other side of the dock and a crew was ripping it apart. When we were on the Dream on January 22nd, it was completely gone.

I was never a fan of that ship being there, so I don't miss it at all - rather, I'm glad it's gone. But I do know that a lot of people loved it so it is a shame in that regard. Rumor has it that another pirate ship (possibly the Black Pearl) will take its place in the future.

Yoop33

I was never a fan of that ship being there, so I don't miss it at all - rather, I'm glad it's gone.

I kinda liked seeing it there. Made you realize how small ships where back in the day when you saw the Magic/ Wonder behind it. Sad thing those two arent even that big anymore!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom