The Finale - Stanza XIV: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Space's Secondary Summations
Part 1
@D Hindley The Myth of Zorro

- This was the first project posted and while I did mention that in the review, it's worth noting that due to schedules it had to be submitted over 48 hours in advance! So an achievement in and of itself.

- The main focus of this will be on the SAT vocab that I had to look up. I'll quote the phrases along with the definitions ;)

-------------
page 5 - A massive oil painting of de la Vega rests over the fireplace, depicting him as a foppish dandy

Foppish, adjective - (of a man) concerned with his clothes and appearance in an affected and excessive way.

-------------
page 7 - Zorro's mute manservant Bernardo sees us off while donning a serape disguise

Serape, noun - a shawl or blanket worn as a cloak in Latin America.

------------
page 11 - The milquetoast Governor Monastario surveys from within a spotless carriage.

Milquetoast, noun - a person who is timid or submissive.

-----------
page 18 - The defeated Governor Monastario cowers atop a waterlogged harpischord, his quivering feet playing an odd tune

Harpiscord, noun - a keyboard instrument with horizontal strings that run perpendicular to the keyboard in a long tapering case and are plucked by points of quill, leather, or plastic operated by depressing the keys. It is used chiefly in European classical music of the 16th to 18th centuries.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Space's Secondary Summations
Part 1
@D Hindley The Myth of Zorro

- This was the first project posted and while I did mention that in the review, it's worth noting that due to schedules it had to be submitted over 48 hours in advance! So an achievement in and of itself.

- The main focus of this will be on the SAT vocab that I had to look up. I'll quote the phrases along with the definitions ;)

-------------
page 5 - A massive oil painting of de la Vega rests over the fireplace, depicting him as a foppish dandy

Foppish, adjective - (of a man) concerned with his clothes and appearance in an affected and excessive way.

-------------
page 7 - Zorro's mute manservant Bernardo sees us off while donning a serape disguise

Serape, noun - a shawl or blanket worn as a cloak in Latin America.

------------
page 11 - The milquetoast Governor Monastario surveys from within a spotless carriage.

Milquetoast, noun - a person who is timid or submissive.

-----------
page 18 - The defeated Governor Monastario cowers atop a waterlogged harpischord, his quivering feet playing an odd tune

Harpiscord, noun - a keyboard instrument with horizontal strings that run perpendicular to the keyboard in a long tapering case and are plucked by points of quill, leather, or plastic operated by depressing the keys. It is used chiefly in European classical music of the 16th to 18th centuries.
Feels like I'm in the Critical Reading portion of the SAT or GRE :hilarious:

Disney Dad 3000

Posted!

If @pixie_princess or @Disney Dad 3000 still have something - feel free to post it whenever, and if not don't worry about it! We understand and hope for Disney Dad you're had a great trip and for Pix that you're doing well with training and DCP!

Red's reviews will come tonight after her work - and since I have off today (woo!) I might do some secondary reviews...they won't be in-depth like the first one, but will be more bullet point ammendments (posted here) in case I missed something.

For instance I forgot to mention how much I laughed at @DisneyFan18 's Pi reference in the write up...I'll make a further mention of that later:p

Got about a 3rd of it done.bout an hour from Savannah which puts me halfway home. If I get it done before you post the finale, I'll do it so I don't go with an incomplete, if only to finish it out.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t wanna go Mr. Stark
c7ff84e15fefb7d861100ba9666bfca707e43588_00.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom