The Feeling???

Justin

Originally posted by barnebd5
:veryconfu The last time i was in WDW, we went to Animal Kingdom and we've been there before and we all think that it's nothing really special. We were talkin about it and my mom and my aunts say " you dont get the feeling like you get when you are in the Magic Kingdom." Now I agree but does anyone else know of this "feeling" or is this just our philiosophy??

I have to agree with that, although i do get a "magical" feeling at almost all the Disney parks,Sea World Orlando, Islands of Adventure (Depending on the day) and Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

I think it all has to do with the memories and the park's surrounding and you know that Disney takes the cake in that area.

MicBat

Originally posted by happy snapper
Perhaps you could ask them to put the animals on trucks and get them to drive past you as you sat on a vibrating chair with music from the movies playing in the background. or maybe you could bring your car in , the paths are wide enough. You could even blade, but no that would involve using your legs too.:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kennyj29

Animal Kingdom

I don't understand how anyone can say this park isn't good. Honeslty, your not taking any time out to look around, do the trails, see the shows, do the attractions. This park is unbeleivable!!! Stop going there to see Dinasour, Jungle Safari, Kali River Rapids. Go there to take everything else in. I wouldn't trade this park for anything. Nobody takes time to just enjoy, today, it's such a shame. I also agree that the "feeling" that everyone else talks about is there from the minute i get on the plane until the minute I leave. Each park has it's own type of feeling. Magic Kingdom will always have a special place in everyone's heart. That's the core of Disneyworld! But the rest of the parks have their own "MAGIC" and if you can't find it in Animal Kingdom, I really feel sorry for you.!

WooGuin

Account Suspended
I suppose you have to be a real animal and nature lover to like AK.......

I absolutely love walking around AK but I wouldn't spend more then half a day there.

(still 6 months to our next visit....:( )

jaimjaim25

It;s not that the park "isnt' good" it;s just that I can go to Great Adventure near my house to the safari and see the same thing. I mean, driving, it takes me 15 hours to get the Disney World, so I'd rather speand it in the other 3 parks than AK.. Thats just me :)

free9

i think AK is a fine park the parade is ok and you can still see characters.....unlike epcot , which to me does not have that magical feeling.......:sohappy: :sohappy:

4 parks 1 world

jcmayid

as for me

I drive up just to spend the day at AK. Me and my wife love it. It is much slower paced than the other parks, and truthfully, much better themed (don't bash me, we are all entitled to opinions). It's nice to start out the day and just walk very liesurely through the park. What I also love is that you don't see the rush of people you do at the other parks. When you go to MK, Epcot, or MGM, you get knocked over by the MORONS running from one ride to another, and that simply just ticks me off. AK is no way near that. It's a very nice pace, and relaxing. Unlike the other parks which outright sometimes just stress me out.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Ok, I wanted to do a little comparison, so I laid out most of what MGM and AK offer. I think they are pretty matched, and I really can't see how people think their is nothing to do at AK. AK is full of things to do. I think most people who don't "care" for AK probebly just do the rides and then leave.

I'd say slow down, explore a bit. Take a long walk arounf Africa and Asia and just look at all the detail that went into those areas alone. I would say there is more detail and theming crammed into AK than the other parks. You just have to spend the time and soak it in. Look for it. It isn't plastered in your face like MK or MGM.

Now my wife and I love animals. So we are drawn to AK much more than the average "thrill" seeking park goer. We've done both the tours, and spend hours on the two animal treks. Maybe were not the norm, but AK is a good park, with a good design. It just makes you use you mind, and makes you think about what you're looking at much more than a MGM or MK does.

Ok, end of my $.02, here's my list, I'm sure I missed stuff, and I didn't put restaurants on either, so sorry to those I offend if I missed your favorite attraction :D

Rides:

MGM - Tot, RnR, Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, Star Wars
AK - Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin

Shows:

MGM - Idianna Jones, Muppets, Little Mermaid, Fantasmic, One Man's Dream, Playhouse Disney, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Sounds Dangerous, Beauty and the Beast
AK - Tarzan Rocks, Festival of the Lion King, Tough to be a Bug, Flights of Wonder

Parades:

MGM - Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade
AK - Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

Other:

MGM - Animation Tour, "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set,
AK - Maharajah Jungle Trek, Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, Discovery Island, Conservation Station, Boneyard, Cretaceous Trail

Stellajack

What? No Magic?

W-e-l-l-l-l-l, there's ALL sorts of Disney magic you know. There's "Fantasy in the Sky" magic, "Tinkerbell" magic, "laughingplace" magic, "Mickey Mouse" magic.
T-h-e-n-n-n-n, there's "Star Tours" magic, "Indiana Jones" magic, "Muppets" magic, "ToT" magic, "Fantasmic" magic, and ... well, you catch the magic, don't you? Go back to Animal Kingdom and look some more. I'm sure you'll find it! And I hope you have a wonderful time!;)

katilsu

I have found that while I'm sure Magic Kingdom is by far, most people's favorite park, there are substantial amounts of people that like the other three just as much. I think your opinion of AK has a lot to do with what kinds of zoos you are acquainted with- although I acknowledge that it is much more than a zoo-after all, Disney designed it!

I get "that feeling" very often. Even when I was working there, every time I saw Spaceship Earth I felt it. However, on my last trip we didn't get hoppers and saved MK till last. I was disappointed because I didn't feel like I was "at Disney" until I stepped onto Main St.

Michael72688

Originally posted by DixieBelle97
The Animal Kingdom is more for adults than teens and children. It's not bad, but the "feeling" you get in the Magic Kingdom and MGM Studios is much more magical and thrilling.:sohappy:

It's sad, if that is true (which I dont believe it is) than Disney has just waisted money on two theme parks that arent completely for families

kennyj29

Animal Kingdom

How can anyone say Animal Kingdom is more for adults and teens? I guess they haven't seen the children's faces when they are looking around, Or the Jungle Jammin parade. or maybe they missed it in dinoland as they are digging around for dinasaur bones. Maybe you forgot to look when they went to the petting zoo or going through the trails, seeing all the animals? One child was jumping out of his stroller one day looking at the monkeys jumping in the air in near the Kali Rapids. Have you ever done the Donalds Breakfastorous breakfast? They love that also. If you think it's for adults, then obviously you haven't been looking around. If any park is for all ages, that's the one!

Epcot is my fav

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orignally posted by dreamer
I get the most "feeling" out of Epcot and the hotels
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by free9

i think AK is a fine park the parade is ok and you can still see characters.....unlike epcot , which to me does not have that magical feeling.......

i toally agree with dreamer.....epcot is a very magical park and i dunno why free9 would think that you can see characters at epcot?? what epcot are you going to?????? there is a ton a magic at epcot........maybe you should look a little harder:hammer:

free9

i have triede pcot a few times i just don`t like it........... the fire works are the only thing i like:sohappy: ::sohappy: :goodnevil :hammer: :lol: :D :cry:

Jacks Sally

I love Magic Kingdom the best thats where we spend the
most time out of all the parks..... magical it is
When we go to AK it's usaully on our hopper pass
for half of a day after going to MGM for the other
half

We head right for Dinosaur at AK beause it's my fav.
then to it's Tough to be a Bug we have a lil one so
my Hubby stays behind while my son and I enjoy it

As for the so called zoo part been there seen that
I can really pass on that part

Oh and Epcot being open later then the other parks
is usually are last stop on certain nights but we do
a whole day there too.....I like Epcot:D

As for the Parades ...........I love them all :animwink: :)

*~JS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom