The Feeling???

DixieBelle97

The Animal Kingdom is more for adults than teens and children. It's not bad, but the "feeling" you get in the Magic Kingdom and MGM Studios is much more magical and thrilling.:sohappy:

MinnieFan

I think Animal Kingdom is wonderful. It is a park that I don't feel rushed in. I love to just walk around and take it all in. The attention to detail is outstanding and it has some of my favorite attractions. Two thumbs up from me:)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think a lot of people have a hard time finding the "magic" in the AK because it's a bit more subdued. The purpose of the park is exploration and such. It's not about having huge magnificent structures that have you totally in awe.

A lot of us take what we see everyday for granted. I personally love the Tree of Life. I think it's a magnificent structure. Just because it isn't "In your face" doesn't make it any less special. There is a more harmonious beauty in this park. It's a little slower paced than the other parks (except maybe world showcase), which makes it really nice. When the secret path was still around, it was hardly used...which is sad, because it exemplified everything the park is about. Now it's chained off.

I think this park is more for adults. It has less rides because it was never intended as a "thrill ride" park. In fact, I have a feeling dinotopia was built as sort of an appeaser. Just to give everyone something to ride.

You can really learn something from AK if you try. (I know all you grade school kids are frightened from that thought)

agdbeanie

Maybe I'm weird, but I get the "feeling" from the minute my car drives onto the Disney property---and we go A LOT. I love Animal Kingdom, it's just as Disney as any other part of the property. I can definitely say I would be happy to take a trip just to AK. Just the lobby of a Disney resort does more for me than any other theme park could even come close to. Like I said, maybe I'm weird, but I also thought that everyone else on this board was a much a "Disney-holic" as myself.:veryconfu

Scooter

I get the same from the Tree Of Life as I do from looking at the Castle at MK, Spaceship Earth at EPCOT, and The Giant Hat at Disney/MGM Studios.

Come on people...it's nothing like a zoo. What about It's Tough To Be a Bug? that's Disney at it's best!!

Listen to the sounds in Harrambe Village...the drums and music set the mood and make you feel like you're actually IN Africa.

Take some time to look at the tree and all the animals carved in it..it's amazing.

Animal Kingdom is fast becoming my favorite Park. It's a little differant every time I go.

If you use all your senses...sight, smell, touching and hearing. Animal Kingdom is just as Magical as the other parks.

Oh..and one more thing...don't forget to use a little imagination too...if ya do that...you'll come around. :animwink:

The feeling in the Magic Kingdom is so obvious they put it in the name its the magic of being an adventurer in Adventureland, its the magic being Davey Crocket in Frontierland, its the magic of being scared in Liberty Square or being Peter Pan or a space pilot in Tommorowland, its like the pretending you used to do as a kid on a much grander scale.

EvilMOuse

:( I dont get the feeling either. Once again i know there r thousands of you who do, but to me its just not quite there...i think it all feels too artificial, and next to all that nature it jst seems silly. MK works because its total emmersion, everything is different, but when I've just sat and watched a 3d movie inside a giant tree and then go see the animals that live next to it? doesnt fit with me. Dont hammer me for te way i feel...i have flu :brick:

To me Animal Kingdom is a totally different kind of MAGIC. I love the feeling that when I walk into the Park that I have been transported to a new and exciting place. The way Disney presents all the wonderful things about the animals, Africa, Asia and the Dinosaurs are indeed very cutting edge. You indeed are to feel as though you are NOT in Florida, but in those countries. I DO!

At Animal Kingdom I think that you must stop and enjoy the small thing to really appreciate it. As many of you, my children don't seem to like it nearly as much as my grandchildren and myself. Maybe this park if for the young and young at heart. Educational information abounds here.

The one thing I feel that Disney needs to improve at AK is the flow of the crowds. The walkway patterns just don't seem to work as well as the other parks. I believe that since it has the most land around it that they needed to work with that and create a better crowd flow or else top the number of people allowed into the park. I know that to get from one side of AK to the other, on a normal day, for a show is just a frustrating venture.

Horizons38

Premium Member
ok, here is my 2 cents on this :

As soon as i go through the "Disney gates" the Feeling comes up ! Probably as soon as the plane lands :lol: But i know what you meant for me the strongest feelings come up at :

AK : There is nothing like walking in first thing in the morning towards the Safari and the beautiful sights and the animals ; i just really love that park !

Epcot is a close second to me, SE always gets me teary eyed when i first return after a while !

MK: Of course ! Nothing like returning home for a true fan:D

MGM : is the last one for me, i like it but not as much as the others except that now it is pretty much where Stitch lives :lol:

I really miss Disney, can't wait to go again !:D

Mr. Toad

While I do not get the same feeling I get in the other 3 parks I do get a magical feeling from AK also, it is just different. My first trip to AK I didn't really care for it at all. My second trip (a year later) I saw the park in a different light and now I love it as much as the other parks.

I think the big difference with AK for me is that it is more real world. MK is very story book, MGM is movie magic, EPCOT is the future/international showcase. AK on the other hand is mostly environmentally themed and just about everything is about animals (thus the parks name :)). It is dealing more with issues we face today (I know Dinoland is the exception).

But no matter what, I will definately make time every trip to WDW to visit AK. The magic may be different but it is still magic to me.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its only as special as you want it to be. Perhaps its a bit too real for some tastes? I think its very well done, and beautifully presented. but each to their own.

MicBat

Although it is my least fav of the 4 theme parks, I enjoy going to Animal Kingdom. It really makes you feel like you are in a far off country... Heck... whenever I'm walking through Africa (towards Kilimanjaro Safaris) I feel sort of dirty (but in a good way if that makes any sense). I imagine in a few years, it will be better... My parents didn't like MGM the first year it opened (I was 5, so all I remember is being scared another cowboy was going to take over all the other attractions). What I'm trying is that it sometimes takes time for a theme park to gain the magic that it's predecessors have... is this making any sense?:confused:

Dizknee_Phreek

it makes perfect sense to me, MicBat! and i agree...though i don't get the same feeling i do in the other 3 parks, i really enjoy feeling like i'm in Africa...and also, for me, dino-land makes me feel like a kid again (or it used to before the addition of dino-rama) because as a kid (and even know) i was a huge fan of Jurassic Park and dinosaurs and dinosaur bones and such...it just takes me back to those carefree days!
but i know what you mean about feeling 'dirty'...i get the same vibe...like you're in a primative country and you're part of the people and surroundings...like you're a part of the nature that surrounds you. it's certainly an awesome feeling!
my family was the same way....we hated MGM until a few years after we started going to WDW. we love it now! don't get me wrong, i'm not saying we now hate AK, but it's definately not our favorite...maybe one day we'll grow to love it as much as the other 3! :) never say never!

MicBat

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
but i know what you mean about feeling 'dirty'...i get the same vibe...like you're in a primative country and you're part of the people and surroundings...like you're a part of the nature that surrounds you.

Isn't it great?! :lol:

Stevo

We've went a second time on another WDW trip, because I thought maybe we just caught a bad day. But I was just as un-impressed the second time. Way too much walking for what you get.

gjpjtj

We actually skipped AK on our first trip back since it had opened. (I'm not a real animal buff), but on our next trip we went, and were thoroughly surprised! Now, planning our next trip we figure we'll hit it on day2, rather than push it off!

We Love Disney's Animal Kingdom!!

jaimjaim25

First day I got to Disney in 2000 we went to AK and all I wanted to do was leave! The only thing i liked was the Dino ride. I guess it didn't have that 'Disney' feeling like MK and Epcot do.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Stevo
We've went a second time on another WDW trip, because I thought maybe we just caught a bad day. But I was just as un-impressed the second time. Way too much walking for what you get.

Perhaps you could ask them to put the animals on trucks and get them to drive past you as you sat on a vibrating chair with music from the movies playing in the background. or maybe you could bring your car in , the paths are wide enough. You could even blade, but no that would involve using your legs too.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom