The Feeling???

barnebd5

Original Poster
:veryconfu The last time i was in WDW, we went to Animal Kingdom and we've been there before and we all think that it's nothing really special. We were talkin about it and my mom and my aunts say " you dont get the feeling like you get when you are in the Magic Kingdom." Now I agree but does anyone else know of this "feeling" or is this just our philiosophy??

meanmice

I agree. To me AK is not as magical as any of the other parks. As I've said before, it's an overgrown zoo. it's nothing special.

EchoOfOphelia

I totally agree with you. I do Animal Kingdom because I do like some of the rides, but its just a half day anything, but I don't get the Disney magic feeling that I do at the other parks. I don't know why, maybe because it was built when I was an adult, so its not the same to me, I don't know. But I do totally agree with you.

MKCustodial

Ok, I'm not the biggest AK fan around, and I know it's still lacking something, but to say it's not magical, or that is just a big zoo... Well, maybe the US has AMAZING zoos, but the only zoo I know that comes close to AK is something we have in São Paulo called Simba Safari. It's a very old attraction. Basically you get in with your car, they put a support on your windows so that you can only roll them down a couple of centimeters, and off you go on a scpecific route driving around the animals. You can even buy a bag of special food for some of the tame animals, like the birds, the giraffes, camels and so on.
So maybe I should visit some american zoos because, if you go to AK and you say it's just like a zoo... WOW!

Dizknee_Phreek

i really have mixed feelings about AK. i'm afraid i'll dig myself into a hole if i go into detail with my negative feelings, but i do somewhat agree with you all. i do feel like it's a zoo in some respects, but i have absolutely no problem with that. anyone who knows anything about Walt knows how much he loved animals, so why not go with that...after all, no other major theme park company has ever done it before, that i know of. well, other than Sea World and Busch Gardens, i guess. but i don't see Universal doing something like this! if AK is considered a zoo, then Disney has certainly taken zoos to a new level. at the same time, they've GOT to keep up the same level of entertainment as their other parks, which means the need of more attractions (other than animals). personally, i love animals dearly, but i can't handle standing around all day watching animals...actually, standing around all day in general gets on my nerves...i'd rather be on the move. for some reason i'm ok with lines for attractions...i guess because i'm waiting for something, then i get to the attraction, get off and do something else. i really hope i'm making sense here.
as for the feeling, i don't have it either as i do with the other parks. i've tried since my first visit to AK years ago to put my finger on what exactly it is, but i just can't. *shrugs* so your guess is as good as mine.
but let me just wrap up in saying that even though AK isn't my favorite park, i have complete respect of Disney for trying something new and different. i think it needs some tweeking here and there, and maybe it'll never have the feeling the others have, but i still think they were fairly successful with it.

WDWSwashbuckler

yeah, AK just doesn't "work" for me. I could go to the zoo and feel the same thing.... Lol, some of the rides are good, but otherwise, I'm not a real big fan

Epcot is my fav

Ak is my least favorite park....it is even under Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.....it doesnt give you that special feeling when walking through the gate......i just dont know why.....???

jcrb

Come on have you ever been to the AK in the morning when the park opens up. In the Oasis it is beautiful. All the birds- the sun coming up- New life . I love to start my day at AK

dliddi

Call me crazy:hammer: but I really get the feeling when I was there, I think the park is great and the way things are presented is very good. To me it's nothing like a zoo, I have been to some good zoo, we have one of the bigger and better ones in Chicago, and I don't get the same feeling, as when I was in AK, I think part of the problem is that we try to compare, it to MK or EPCOT, it not that kind of park, it something different altogether, but that’s just me.

Sherm00

I don't know why anybody dislikes animal kingdom. Me and my wife are big animal bufs and we love the park. we took more pictures in animal kingdom then any other park. Animal kingdome is great, I love just looking at theanimals and the rides totally fit the park. I love it. my wife was upset when we went that we had to go to epcot before animal kingdom.

Main Street USA

Animal Kingdom is an absoutley INCREDIBLE theme park. Those who say it reminds them of a zoo must have their eyes and ears closed while they visit.

Let me guess, you walk in, do a few of the e-ticket attractions, and then leave? And you think that's all there is to do? What?

I suggest you all slow down a bit, and not only take in the incredible theming of this park, but all of the smaller "magical" and educational things scattered throughout. THEN, and only then, will I listen to complaints about how there "isn't anything to do."

dreamer

I get "the feeling" most from Epcot and the hotels.

2nd MK

3rd AK

4th Studios. About equivalent to walking into a Disney Store at the mall at this level.

I like some of the Studios rides and shows but it's not very Disney to me.

goofyfan13

I honestly shun the people who call animal kingdom a zoo. The park is AWESOME right now and it's not even finished. Yes, there is not a lot to do that's only if you don't look for other things. With the variety of stage shows and rides I could make it a whole day park, I just don't try to. Even Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade I think was a great addition. Dreamer, MGM is based on showbiz, where Disney started. So a park based on the area of entertainment the company started in is totally disney to me. Saying MGM is not Disney, to me at least, is like saying Mickey Mouse is not Disney. Just my two cents. (I apologize if I came off like a jerk in that last statement, I just like to argue. I totally respect your opinion as you are entitled to it, I just think differantly)

Michael72688

Originally posted by barnebd5
:veryconfu The last time i was in WDW, we went to Animal Kingdom and we've been there before and we all think that it's nothing really special. We were talkin about it and my mom and my aunts say " you dont get the feeling like you get when you are in the Magic Kingdom." Now I agree but does anyone else know of this "feeling" or is this just our philiosophy??

I agree that you dont get the feeling like when your in Magic Kingdom (which I just dont get) but I think it would be a different kind of experience and a different feeling

mandib

Yea I don't see to big of a deal with it. Once every 2 trips seems ok.(Which is once a year) I feel more as though I'm in a zoo then a Disney Park. The only thing I like though is the cast members. We met one and we even got him on tape. It just makes you smile!

jutz53

:veryconfu I agree with you, the AK on its own is great. The feeling most of us get when entering the MK is something really hard to explain to most people, I feel like I am 10 years old walking out of a story book, it is magical. Saying that, I think the AK does what it was intended to, present animals in as they live in the countries of Africa and Asia which are awesome. Forget the rides which are good, but I don't know too many people that walk out of the Festival of the Lion King, Tarzan Rocks of the Jammin Jungle Parade and don't feel the magic of being in Disney. I have been to many great zoo's in the US from Chicago to Ohio to Philadelphia and they are nothing like the AK. Just my opinion but I really don't think Disney has done its final development in the AK.

Wckd Queen

I think AK is just a different sort of experience than MK or Epcot. I dont think its what comes to mind immediately when when you think in terms of "Disney".

To be honest, the one time I went there, I couldnt really enjoy myself because the heat was so intense that day that I was only able to stay a half of a day after nearly passing out. I went back to the hotel to take a shower and rest! I had one of those fans that squirt water at you as they fan you and even that didnt help me.

I did love the shopping that I got to do in the air conditioning there though :) And would have enjoyed myself a whole lot better without the heat stroke!

AK is just a different experience than the other parks. I think that it can be one of those things that people are either going to like it or they are not. I need to go back when its cooler and Im not having 100-degree meltdown :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom