"The Excavator" Patented

james4023464

I will say it again Disney will not put another major ride in Dinoland, it is already jammed up as we speak. And then if they put another major ride in asia that whole side will be jammed up. All disney has to do is build BK and that will even out the crowds.

the_snow_prince

I really don't think Dinoland will be getting the next e-ticket. The land is alreasy very popular and has just recieved an expansion. I really think that the next big attraction will either be in one of the lands, or if Beastly Kingdom ever happens. I would hope for more adventures in Africa or Asia than another coaster in Dinoland.

james4023464

Originally posted by the_snow_prince
I really don't think Dinoland will be getting the next e-ticket. The land is alreasy very popular and has just recieved an expansion. I really think that the next big attraction will either be in one of the lands, or if Beastly Kingdom ever happens. I would hope for more adventures in Africa or Asia than another coaster in Dinoland.
thank you

DISNEY_FAN_ME

I do think it will go in Dino-Land USA. I also don't think that it would fit in to BK. From the different rumors I have been hearing, it sounds like BK will be more about Dragons and such. It could fit in to Dino-Land USA beacause the name. The Excavator sounds like it means you are on a mine train ride and when you come across something you jave to get a way maybe??? Some more rumors have been leaked for me to get that info. If anyone else knowes anything e-mail me plaese! I will try and do some mor research on The Excavator.

Justin

Hmmmm i dont know if i would consider a small PTC a big ride, But i think Beastly Kingdom is going to get it, It has already confirmed the E-Ticket Ride if it happens, Does anyone have any pictures or information to give me of where Beastly Kingdom is located(or Located in the future). I dont really know my way around AK. By the way whoever gave us that map earlier.. Thanx that helped me :animwink:

Justin

no,no,no,no no no no. It will not be a Mine Train! LoL. U have a good guess though but if Excavatour were to be made it would not be Mine train, Think of that name it sounds as if it were a beast or some kind of monster or something. maybe even a dragon or something.

I dont think Excavator will go in Beastly Kingdom i think it will go in Dino~Land USA or Asia or somewhere like that. I read somewhere about DinoLand getting Excavator but it didn't....

I have a great feeling that AK's Area with Dragons will get a B&M invert. Like i said again at IAAPA they announced to us that Disney will be getting a B&M. Just didn't tell us where,when,or what. But most likely to be a Invert cause there the most common.

I have even heard that it will launch u type system.... however it goes we will find out. :king:

STGRhost

no,no,no,no no no no. It will not be a Mine Train! LoL. U have a good guess though but if Excavatour were to be made it would not be Mine
train, Think of that name it sounds as if it were a beast or some kind of monster or something. maybe even a dragon or something.

Huh?... No, really, what?!

From Webster: " Main Entry: ex·ca·va·tor
Pronunciation: 'ek-sk&-"vA-t&r
: one that excavates; especially : a power-operated shovel
"

Also:" Main Entry: ex·ca·vate
Pronunciation: 'ek-sk&-"vAt
transitive senses
1 : to form a cavity or hole in
2 : to form by hollowing out
3 : to dig out and remove
4 : to expose to view by or as if by digging away a covering <excavate the remains of a temple>
"

So, actually, "The Excavator" is absolutely an appropriate name for an attraction in Dinoland (the dig site).... I suppose, more loosely defined (with a good back story), it COULD fit into the other areas, but having seen the picture eveyone talks about, I think this ride (mine train? woodie? either could work) is supposed to fit in there...Especially knowing that a whole set of other rides were designed to fit the themeing of BK...

Lord Alfred

I personally don't think it will be a wooden coaster even if it looks like one. California Screamin' at DCA is supposed to represent the "wooden coasters of the past". It is engineered to look like a wooden coaster but is actually made of metal. I think this shows Disney would rather use metal and make it look like wood than actually go through the maintenance hassle of a real wooden coaster.

WDWspider

I'm going to assume a lot right now...

IOA has been talking about a Wooden Coaster in JP, now rumors about a possible wooden coaster in AK come up, and it would be extremly circumstantual (sp?) if both woodies were built and were put in Dinosaur themed areas. Maybe Disney is trying to beat out the competition since Universal additions have been minimal as of late.

I could see a woodie going in BK if it were coming, but not as the name of a monster.

Wasn't there a picture of a coaster going over the back of a brontosaurus skeleton once, maybe it will be a woodie made to look like bones???

ToTBellHop

this has nothing to do with Islands of Adventure; Animal Kingdom had a wooden coaster planned way back in 1995...someone just felt the need to bring it up again. Disney does not follow all of its plans, so a seven-year-old piece of concept art is pretty meaningless. I think Excavator should be an enclosed wooden coaster...they could better preserve the look of an excavation site and keep the classic feel of a wooden coaster w/o the major upkeep and the tendency of wooden coasters to become more and more painful as time wears on.

Justin

Yeah NO NO NO NO to AK getting a dueling mine train haha. Screamscape posted the stupidest rumour there. :hammer:

Well i cant really think of Much of Excavator, u have some points about Excavator not being wood, but i think that it mite be, The Name fits perfect for a wooden coaster. Excavator wouldnt' sound good for a steelie. Disney needs to try some wood out those r the best kind. :p

rocketman23

There are no Orlando woodies though... there is also the Starliner in Panama City. I don't think IOA will get a woodie anyway, I've been told that it is not likely on the planning boards.

WDWspider

Originally posted by DogsRule!
this has nothing to do with Islands of Adventure; Animal Kingdom had a wooden coaster planned way back in 1995...someone just felt the need to bring it up again. Disney does not follow all of its plans, so a seven-year-old piece of concept art is pretty meaningless. I think Excavator should be an enclosed wooden coaster...they could better preserve the look of an excavation site and keep the classic feel of a wooden coaster w/o the major upkeep and the tendency of wooden coasters to become more and more painful as time wears on.

It has to do with what was being discussed, the first wooden coaster in Orlando. But, you were right, the Excavator is an older proposal and I already knew that, but I made my post sound like it was something recent. What I was referring to was the new incarnation of Excavator that has been talked about on Screamscape recently. I was merely trying to say that it would be nice for Disney to come out with it first in case Universal does have plans for one also. Disney had a Dragon idea and IOA came out first, they had a Krachen idea, and SeaWorld came out first. A Wooden coaster at Disney first would be very nice. If you are upset because I brought up IOA, then I'm sorry, I guess, but it was valid to the conversation.

BAM

Here is the picture you guys have been begging for!:animwink:

Attachments

• dino.jpg
    dino.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 112

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom