The ever disappearing Cirtus Swirl!

heapster411

Original Poster
Ok Gang, I am going throw this out to the people in the know. Just returned from the world, On 12/12/23 the DW and I went to MK so she could get her favorite Citrus Swirl. We placed our mobile order ( the only way to obtain this treat ), and easy peazy she got her Treat. Went back to MK on our last day 12/16/2023 and it had disappeared from mobile ordering! It was dropped from the regular menu a couple of years ago. So did the DW obtain the last one in existence? Funny though, when you look up Sunshine Tree Terrace on MDE, and on their web site, the Citrus Swirl is their main picture in the description of this QS location. Any Clue?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Can't speak to this specific instance, however, as noted, 1) they randomly disappear the Citrus Swirl every so often (which is 100% WRONG #teamcitrusswirl) and 2) Disney parks randomly disappear things from mobile ordering, including the nominal main treats at the locations. (I face this issue frequently with the Golden Horseshoe at DL which constantly pulls their main desserts from mobile order, but you can still get them if you go wait in line.)

So, did you actually check at the location? Never trust mobile ordering - it never has everything available and can change what's listed there - as you saw - from day to day.

heapster411

Original Poster
No, unfortunately we didn't check. They were busy when we passed by. I checked throughout the day and it never appeared. You would think that they would have an ample supply, since after all it's what you are know for and have a picture of it in your site description. Like if you went to Popeye's and they were out of chicken! But as I sit here and type this, I checked MDE and sure enough it has returned. A Christmas miracle, I tell ya'!!! Happy Holidays to all!!!!

MarvelCharacterNerd

No, unfortunately we didn't check. They were busy when we passed by. I checked throughout the day and it never appeared. You would think that they would have an ample supply, since after all it's what you are know for and have a picture of it in your site description. Like if you went to Popeye's and they were out of chicken! But as I sit here and type this, I checked MDE and sure enough it has returned. A Christmas miracle, I tell ya'!!! Happy Holidays to all!!!!
Yeah, just because it's not on mobile order, doesn't mean it's not there. Always check in person. :)

I've had SO many conversations with Cast Members who are shocked that their main dishes aren't showing up on mobile order, forcing people to stand in line to get them. But unfortunately the locations don't control what's on the app!

NelleBelle

Given Disney IT, not surprised it temporarily disappeared off the mobile order page. If it was something I truly wanted, I’d definitely stop by and ask. Sorry you guys missed out on it.

JIMINYCR

DW runs into this quite often. She finds something she really likes or its something on a menu she can eat and its there or its gone. We do a lot of checking online and on various menu sites. Dis does a pretty bad job keeping things up to date on their sites. Checking in person gets you a slightly better chance of finding it. Some times CM's can surprise you and come through for you

heapster411

Original Poster
Well gang, according to the DFB, Our beloved Citrus Swirl, has left the building!!! Sunshine Tree Terrace doesn't have it on the mobile order menu. Since I can't go in person to check until December, any news would be greatly appreciated.

Royal Purple Pigment

I was there yesterday...no Citrus Swirl to be found. I got an Orange Cream instead which is just like a Creamsicle.

This is kind of funny advertising:

Sip on some sunshine with a Citrus Swirl—a tasty treat blended with frozen orange juice slushy and vanilla soft-serve ice cream—and other delights like a DOLE Whip® orange soft-serve swirled with vanilla.

tufnancy

Ok Gang, I am going throw this out to the people in the know. Just returned from the world, On 12/12/23 the DW and I went to MK so she could get her favorite Citrus Swirl. We placed our mobile order ( the only way to obtain this treat ), and easy peazy she got her Treat. Went back to MK on our last day 12/16/2023 and it had disappeared from mobile ordering! It was dropped from the regular menu a couple of years ago. So did the DW obtain the last one in existence? Funny though, when you look up Sunshine Tree Terrace on MDE, and on their web site, the Citrus Swirl is their main picture in the description of this QS location. Any Clue?

heapster411

Original Poster
True, but if you cant be there or they got rid of it, this is the next best option!
On Friday the DW and I are going to the royal mart of Wal, and probably obtain said ingredients and give it a whirl! Now the steel drum part "might" be a problem. Let ya know how it works out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom