News The Electrical Water Pageant to resume performances at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Any idea on the "showtimes" ?
EpaIHoYXMAMQYfT.jpeg

PuertoRekinSam

Peter Pan is absolutely IP. But I can not confirm if this was “original as intended” IP or “shoehorned in” IP since the movie (and the play that “never smile at a crocodile” is from for that matter) are older than the EWP.

Same goes for Whale of a tale from 20,000

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The only time I ever saw this was when I waited forever to get onto the riverboat. We were finally about ready to get on the next boat. And then this blame thing started and we had to wait like an extra half hour or so... Dear god I was so tired that night.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The only time I ever saw this was when I waited forever to get onto the riverboat. We were finally about ready to get on the next boat. And then this blame thing started and we had to wait like an extra half hour or so... Dear god I was so tired that night.

We didn't see it until our last trip when we stayed at the Contemporary. It was cool to sit on our balcony and watch this go by.

bcoachable

I love this. It’s like they literally took old MK Xmas lights and threw them on a mesh screen on a barge with an outboard and called it a show. The same show that’s lasted almost 50 years already.

Meanwhile at Epcot harmonious....

Todays imagineers could learn something from the way things used to be done.
Who exactly are today's imagineers??? Are there any around still??

JIMINYCR

This is news I was waiting to hear. We are staying at the Contemp on our upcoming trip and the EWP always helps end our night, watching it light up and give us a performance, with a coffee at the end of the dock. I was dreading that when they stopped running it, that Disney might have just done away with it.

JTT

I love the Electrical Water Pageant but this is very surprising news. September 2019, we were watching from the Polynesian and I was thinking "How much longer will they have this?". Too old school and very limited audience.

Personally, I hope it goes on for forever.

Last edited:

doctornick

I love the Electrical Water Pageant but this is very surprising news. September 2019, we were watching from the Polynesian and I was thinking "How much longer will they have this?". Too old school and very limited audience.
Personally, I hope it goes on for forever.
I too am very surprised. I really thought they would use the COVID shutdown as a good excuse to just not bring it back ever. Basically, now that it is "out of sight/out of mind" would be a chance to quietly retire it.

It also gives me a little hope that perhaps some other resort centric stuff that could otherwise end might return (e.g. Hoop Dee Doo and Spirit of Aloha).

Last edited:

VJ

Peter Pan is absolutely IP. But I can not confirm if this was “original as intended” IP or “shoehorned in” IP since the movie (and the play that “never smile at a crocodile” is from for that matter) are older than the EWP.

Same goes for Whale of a tale from 20,000
Never Smile and Whale of a Tale have been in the Electrical Water Pageant since the 1977 iteration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom